The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Lack will forever be a Canuck

Dal Colle

I know that many of you will disagree and I get that part. But my point is Lack is a proven #1 goalie in the NHL now that he was pressured to be starter due to over usage of him by Torts. At this point if we had a smart GM we'd still have a Lu/Lack tandem. Lack was always a capable backup but I also believed at some point he would flourish and be our future #1 goaltender. I really want him to be here for the rest of his career. He is a really humorous guy and this is the sort of thing we expected when he got here. He's like our Luongo now basically now that Lu's gone. We have to keep our goaltending future bright and I believe that he should remain a Canuck forever. He persevered through a tough season with torts but still posted great numbers. They weren't Calder trophy worthy numbers but enough to assure himself a spot on the team. Lack also had a poor team in front of him and ultimately led to the teams failure of the season and missing the playoffs for the 1st time in quite a while. Those who say he will traded well guess what HE WON'T BE. He deserves to be a Canuck forever and certainly seems capable of being a #1 goaltender for the Canucks for the next couple generations to come. GO EDDIE! #THESTORK

Just because Tortorella kept playing him doesn't mean he's a proven starter. He's far from proven, he would have games where he looked horrible and let in a lot of soft goals. He's not ready to be a starter yet, backup for another year or two, until Miller's final year of contract where it will basically be even starts.

Just because Tortorella kept playing him doesn't mean he's a proven starter. He's far from proven, he would have games where he looked horrible and let in a lot of soft goals. He's not ready to be a starter yet, backup for another year or two, until Miller's final year of contract where it will basically be even starts.

I know that part but when Miller's contract ends he'll get more experience and he will eventually be our #1 for the next generation of the Canucks along with Demko, Cannata and Joecim Eriksson.

This thread is hilariously enthusiastic. But honestly you're being really, really optimistic. Lack really hasn't proven anything. In fact if anything he has proven he isn't ready to be an NHL starter yet. It's too soon to say if he will be, and if he even deserves to be, a Canuck for the rest of his career.

I'd be impressed if he played for generations to come though, because that would be superhuman and would set records.

I know that part but when Miller's contract ends he'll get more experience and he will eventually be our #1 for the next generation of the Canucks along with Demko, Cannata and Joecim Eriksson.

By then Lack will be 30.

Lack's going to need to make his stand before then imho. He'll be UFA in 2yrs, but Miller's signed for 3, so a goaltending controversy and Schneider-esque debacle is a virtual guarantee, best-case.

Meanwhile Calgary signed Hiller, younger and currently better than Miller, for 2yrs at just $4.5m per.

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer all the time, but jeez, can't we see this coming? I'm a wee bit tired of goaltending-related melodrama here.

This thread is hilariously enthusiastic. But honestly you're being really, really optimistic. Lack really hasn't proven anything. In fact if anything he has proven he isn't ready to be an NHL starter yet. It's too soon to say if he will be, and if he even deserves to be, a Canuck for the rest of his career. I'd be impressed if he played for generations to come though because that would be superhuman and would set records.

He did prove something to all of us as Canuck fans that he deserves a shot to be the Canucks #1 goaltender for the next decade. He's gonna win a ton of Vezinas MARK MY WORDS

He did prove something to all of us as Canuck fans that he deserves a shot to be the Canucks #1 goaltender for the next decade. He's gonna win a ton of Vezinas MARK MY WORDS

The honest truth is that Lack didn't do anything last season 5 other goalies haven't done semi recently and went on the fail. I love Lack, but temper your expectations or most of the time you will be disappointed.

The honest truth is that Lack didn't do anything last season 5 other goalies haven't done semi recently and went on the fail. I love Lack, but temper your expectations or most of the time you will be disappointed.

What do you mean other goalies haven't done it.... Luongo, McLean, have won Vezinas or were at least runner ups for it ur points are currently invalid

Lack is a proven #1 goalie in the NHL now

He deserves to be a Canuck forever

Barney's my spokesman:

He certainly seems capable of being a #1 goaltender for the Canucks

Come again? Which one is it? He is or he certainly SEEMS capable?!

Barney-Stinson-barney-stinson.jpg

Archived