The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apex Canada

sakage.shinga

Hi guys,

I've been hunting for jobs lately and was wondering if anyone has heard of or worked for a marketing/PR company called Apex Canada (www.apexcanada.ca). I'm interested in finding out more about what their work day is like and compensation before I apply, but their ad is a bit vague on details and just says "events manager/marketing, no door-to-door"

Thanks!

You realize the internet is at your disposal right?

A quick search reveals company info, a company Facebook page...

About compensation, you need to contact them directly.. generally asking questions like that is the point of an interview.

True. Haha! I just sent out my resume a few minutes ago. I guess I'm just used to the ads being more succint and specific about job descriptions...

True. Haha! I just sent out my resume a few minutes ago. I guess I'm just used to the ads being more succint and specific about job descriptions...

Most don't actually disclose pay because, just like the employee wants the most (pay) for the least (work), the employer wants (of the employee) the most (work) for the least (pay).

So during the interview is usually where you see what their ballpark is, and how the company fits with you, they see how you fit with them, and if your price is worth it to them.

It is good though to research the position you're looking for throughout the market. If you get enough prices, and compare with the job details (one example being education/experience requisites), it helps you get a rough estimate of what price range you should be looking at. Generally a good hiring manager will already have done his research before interviewing people (*ahem*), which is why for many employers, you have to really sell yourself to justify a higher price range.

One thing small companies with a Facebook profile tells me is they wish their company to be closely-knit, so in some cases they may not simply look at job qualifications, they may see where you personally fit into their work "culture".

Nice work, I remember being young. If you are looking for a job without much experience and find something to good to be true it almost always is. These types of deals are brutal, you're better off getting a job in a supermarket or the like.

You realize the internet is at your disposal right?

A quick search reveals company info, a company Facebook page...

You're asking too much, he's created 5 threads in the last month+ and all of them are to ask for help in doing different things:

1. Bakery that sells apple pies
  2. Getting a cat
  3. Need suggestions for exercise bike
  4. Wedding present question
  5. Apex Canada (this one of course)

Entertaining discussion about APEX:

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Apex-Merchant-Group/Sounds-too-good-true/t77677

Apparently they're not just a problem in Canada.

To their credit, they do have legit jobs throughout BC.

This is why it's best to meet face to face, get any promises in writing and make sure it matches up to what you applied for.

Our information could in fact be wrong. Apex and Canada aren't exactly original brand words, so it's possible for scammers to get away with using those.

Entertaining discussion about APEX:

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Apex-Merchant-Group/Sounds-too-good-true/t77677

Apparently they're not just a problem in Canada.

To their credit, they do have legit jobs throughout BC.

This is why it's best to meet face to face, get any promises in writing and make sure it matches up to what you applied for.

Our information could in fact be wrong. Apex and Canada aren't exactly original brand words, so it's possible for scammers to get away with using those.

It's a good thing you have the internet at your disposal...but at least they have a Facebook page though.

It's a good thing you have the internet at your disposal...but at least they have a Facebook page though.

I'm generally not a cynic that presumes everyone is out to scam me -- common sense when dealing with people is presumed to be a given. Not sure what to make out of your post though, other than you have an ability to make a passive aggressive post (in pixels no less) that doesn't provide any contribution to the discussion.

I'm generally not a cynic that presumes everyone is out to scam me -- common sense when dealing with people is presumed to be a given. Not sure what to make out of your post though, other than you have an ability to make a passive aggressive post (in pixels no less) that doesn't provide any contribution to the discussion.

Dear Mr. Ambien

While I appreciate your ability to identify a passive aggressive posts, it might be more preferable to everyone if you would refrain from pointing them out in future messages.

Sincerely,

The CDC

Dear Mr. Ambien

While I appreciate your ability to identify a passive aggressive posts, it might be more preferable to everyone if you would refrain from pointing them out in future messages.

Sincerely,

The CDC

"Sincerely,

Cindy (go home you're) Drunk Crosby.."

(master decipherer)

Archived