The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official says Russian forces invading Ukraine

grandmaster

Bull crap Russia has invaded. If they had the intention they would've done it like they did in Georgia a few years back nice and quick.

Annex Crimea and move north in a pincer move, would've been over before anyone from the west could have said "No."

Not this long process that has now allowed NATO to build up their strength and propaganda.

Is Russia providing advisers like the USA is? probably.

Is Russia providing weapons like USA is? probably.

Have they invaded? Not a chance.

Are there troops there? RT has said from the begining and so have the Rebels that volunteers have come from all over, people have just ignored it. http://rt.com/news/183864-ukraine-european-volunteers-fighting/

This makes a hell of alot more sense then anything the west is publicizing.

http://scgnews.com/the-ukraine-crisis-what-youre-not-being-told

Bull crap Russia has invaded. If they had the intention they would've done it like they did in Georgia a few years back nice and quick.

Annex Crimea and move north in a pincer move, would've been over before anyone from the west could have said "No."

Not this long process that has now allowed NATO to build up their strength and propaganda.

Are there troops there? RT has said from the begining and so have the Rebels that volunteers have come from all over, people have just ignored it. http://rt.com/news/183864-ukraine-european-volunteers-fighting/

As much as I enjoy RT and their coverage on non-Russian related news (especially their documentaries), they're the worst when covering Russian related news. If you don't know already they are basically the Kremlin's propaganda network.

Their coverage on Ukraine forces to me to switch channels, as I know it's all false.

To answer your original statement. Yes Russia is invading Ukraine, with plans to annex it like Crimea...

Disagree completely nothing like Georgia. And quite the contrary to such 'lightening' invasion the Russians played Ukraine slow for many good reasons. All of which also have nothing to do with the dynamics surrounding the Georgia conflict. Very poor comparison IMO. This is a game of political tug-o-War. The Russians lost their influence when their puppet was removed and replaced by EU puppet influence. So the Russians had a massive tantrum and decided to influence by force.

I didn't just learn this either. This conflict is actuslly no surprise at all. The ukranians I know spoke about this a long long time ago. How Russia would never let them go without a fight.

I don't see how bringing the bad stuff the US has done into the picture as a rebuttal to the crap Russia is pulling off now is relevant. It's possible to condemn both of them when they do something wrong. Going for the whole "but THEY did it too..." comes across as ridiculous homerism.

It's not about " but THEY did it too "....as an argument. The point is Russia feels what they are doing is protecting their interests, whether other countries do the same or not, that is not Western homerism, it simply is what it is.

People tend to judge before being empathetic towards other's points of view.....again not saying Russia in my opinion is going about this the right way, but who's to say what that is ?

As much as I enjoy RT and their coverage on non-Russian related news (especially their documentaries), they're the worst when covering Russian related news. If you don't know already they are basically the Kremlin's propaganda network.

Their coverage on Ukraine forces to me to switch channels, as I know it's all false.

To answer your original statement. Yes Russia is invading Ukraine, with plans to annex it like Crimea...

At least they try to provide facts even though as you say they can be distorted. Worst is fox news on any topic. CNN is pretty bad as well. I tend to read RT, Al jazeera and BBC for my news networks.

As for the underlined point, I just don't see it. They seem to want the status quo. They do not seem to want to have NATO controlling their pipeline or next to the Crimea (their fleet), it seems like they want that buffer zone. So like I said earlier, if they wanted to annex the Ukraine they would've before the "allies" could have responded a la Georgia (wasn't comparing this situation other then the fact that this is slow and drawn out, were as in Georgia things were over before anyone could mount any retort). Thus I doubt they will actually invade unless NATO escalates.

I do see them wanting to teach Ukraine and the West a lesson, "stop interfering in our interests". Just like when USA tried to place the patriot missiles in Poland and Russia's response was: "you do we nuke Poland", or when a few years ago when Ukraine had the western leaning Politician, Russia's response was to poison him. The west have always done the pushing and they want the Ukraine in their fold, Russia has decided no, not gonna happen.

Russia will not invade with its army, a flood of volunteers and weapons yeah because that teaches the West not to interfere and its a tit for tat move against NATO supplying Kiev.

Does it have to be to similar lengths? The fact is that they both pay lip service to enforcing democracy and human rights while engaging in hypocritical behaviour. You're free to only criticize one of the two parties if you want, but you know you'd be raising hell if someone did something like bringing up Russia's misdeeds as a way to deflect from Israel in the Gaza thread.

Lip service ?

The U.S has been telling other countries for the last 50 years that they should have democratic forms of govt. the russians have no such track record.

One post that discusses americas hypocrisy is not the only criticism I have of this conflict , I have stated many times on this forum what i think of Putin.

Why would i bring this up in a thread about gaza ?

My point is that an entity be they a person or a nation who tells others to do as I say not as I do lacks all credibility

Archived