The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arkansas Gun Range Declared "Muslim-Free Zone"

:D

I guess so... I was just explaining to those misguided 4 people who upvoted.

Not that I was one who upvoted, but his comments/quotes rang familiar with some research (personal research, i.e. not trying to imply I was paid, or an expert on the subject) I had done a few years back. I wish I could find the sources again, but for now memory will have to serve.

What I found was that both the Bible and the Qu'ran had some notably violent parts. However, what I remember was that for the most part, the Bible was recounting history (this group killed that group, etc.). But in many cases in the Qu'ran, they appeared to be encouraging the reader to commit a given act of violence in a given situation, and these acts of violence were commonly targeted against Jews, Christians, and infidels. Perhaps it was taken out of context? Maybe TheMohammedMan, or someone else on here more familiar with the Qu'ran can comment on those kinds of passages.

In cases where "may God/Allah/some-other-Deity do XYZ against whomever", it is divine punishment being discussed, and should be out of anyone's hands. But when a person is instructed to perform the violent acts to members of a certain race or religion, for no other reason than that they are part of that group, is that acceptable?

Not that I was one who upvoted, but his comments/quotes rang familiar with some research (personal research, i.e. not trying to imply I was paid, or an expert on the subject) I had done a few years back. I wish I could find the sources again, but for now memory will have to serve.

What I found was that both the Bible and the Qu'ran had some notably violent parts. However, what I remember was that for the most part, the Bible was recounting history (this group killed that group, etc.). But in many cases in the Qu'ran, they appeared to be encouraging the reader to commit a given act of violence in a given situation, and these acts of violence were commonly targeted against Jews, Christians, and infidels. Perhaps it was taken out of context? Maybe TheMohammedMan, or someone else on here more familiar with the Qu'ran can comment on those kinds of passages.

In cases where "may God/Allah/some-other-Deity do XYZ against whomever", it is divine punishment being discussed, and should be out of anyone's hands. But when a person is instructed to perform the violent acts to members of a certain race or religion, for no other reason than that they are part of that group, is that acceptable?

Not acceptable.. but you have to understand in which the time periods all these religions originate from with Islam being the latest edition in the Abrahamic family. I wouldn't doubt there being such scriptures like that, but most of this was against people of polytheistic beliefs as all the Abrahamic religions are considered monotheist. The hate towards Christians and Jews arrived much later in Islamic thinking, but before these religions were all seen as similar in beliefs. For example, Abraham destroyed idol worship as did Muhammad.

This kind of thinking is also found in Christianity in form of "apostle" and "heathens."

Christianity and Islam have a long history of forcible trying to convert pagan people because of their polytheistic beliefs. People don't realize this because Christianity has been reformed and changed many times as Islam has basically stayed the same.

Again I am no expert, but I am currently taking a course that teaches the overlaps between the three Abrahamic religions. I haven't mentioned Judaism much because we have covered that topic yet..

B**ch please... Not this nonsense again.

Open up any abrahamic religious text and you will find borderline satanic verses...

Back then they were not regarded as barbaric to people as they are now.

I could easily find some barbaric verses in the Bible or even in the torah.

The quran just like any religious text is open to ones interpretation..

Some people interpret the meanings peacefully for good, and others use it for evil means like extremists.

Almost every religion on earth has an extremist element. Even the beloved buddhism has an extremist sect that murders muslims and non-believers in Burma..

In regards to the USA funding ISIS. I believe they don't fund them directly, but instead indirectly via third party means. Like giving aid and weapons to the weak Syrian rebels who in turn basically give the same aid/weapons to ISIS when they're captured or looted..

I'm so freaking tired of this interpretation bullcrap. When a book openly states REPEATEDLY to do heinous things to a group of people IT ISN'T OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION.

How FCKING BLATANT DOES SOMETHING NEED TO BE BEFORE IT'S CONSIDERED VIOLENT? It's a disrespectful pile of crap. Want to call my opinion JUST an interpretation, go right a fcking head. Anyone else can keep pretending that it's all peaceful, and these verses aren't all that bad.

If I wrote a book right now about killing homosexuals, or owning slaves, or disrespecting your wife, it's considered a heinous piece of literature. A holy book does it, and it's open for interpretation. Unfreaking real.

Too much god works in mysterious ways. Too much "you just don't understand what the text is supposed to mean.". The quicker religion dies, the quicker we succeed as a race.

Oh, and it's dying. Statistically speaking religion is dwindling with better access to information via computers and other electronics.

Free yourselves.

And I'm not saying christians, or muslims, or any other large cult like group is necessarily automatically violent, or evil.

I find it depends entirely on the geography. It's no coincidence that the bible belt is incredibly hostile towards atheists and homosexuals, or densely populated muslim regions are as well. They STRICTLY follow their holy books, and their holy books STRICTLY say to act like aggressive monkeys.

The ones who are "SORT OF" practicing christians, and muslims in lightly religious areas usually use their teachings to better themselves, etc. As a spiritiual guidance tool, or what have you.

There's also a reason why the bible and quran are extremely violent. They indoctrinate fear into their followers to prevent the same outcome of previous religions that they have crushed. Prior to Christianity. There were several other gods prior to Jehovah in ancient rome. It got wiped out in horrible and violent ways. You can't conquer other religions without teaching your followers to wipe them off the face of the earth.

I'm so freaking tired of this interpretation bullcrap. When a book openly states REPEATEDLY to do heinous things to a group of people IT ISN'T OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION.

How FCKING BLATANT DOES SOMETHING NEED TO BE BEFORE IT'S CONSIDERED VIOLENT? It's a disrespectful pile of crap. Want to call my opinion JUST an interpretation, go right a fcking head. Anyone else can keep pretending that it's all peaceful, and these verses aren't all that bad.

If I wrote a book right now about killing homosexuals, or owning slaves, or disrespecting your wife, it's considered a heinous piece of literature. A holy book does it, and it's open for interpretation. Unfreaking real.

Well that's your opinion, but I think billions of people (literally billions) would disagree..

I think what you mentioned is a strong reason for why Islam should be reformed...

Too much god works in mysterious ways. Too much "you just don't understand what the text is supposed to mean.". The quicker religion dies, the quicker we succeed as a race.

Oh, and it's dying. Statistically speaking religion is dwindling with better access to information via computers and other electronics.

Free yourselves.

I beg to differ... All religions in particular Islam are growing in record numbers.

What I do believe is happening though is many religions are beginning to become more moderate as people are beginning to question some of their beliefs.

Long story short religion isn't going anywhere... Not in our lifetime.

Well that's your opinion, but I think billions of people (literally billions) would disagree..

I think what you mentioned is a strong reason for why Islam should be reformed...

I don't give a sht if BILLIONS of people are too blind to comprehend literal meanings. Make it trillions. The voice of several correct people, versus billions of incorrect people won't be any less right, just because of the lack of numbers. Being right is being right. You aren't any less wrong just because you have a bunch of others with you

Free yourselves.

And I'm not saying christians, or muslims, or any other large cult like group is necessarily automatically violent, or evil.

I find it depends entirely on the geography. It's no coincidence that the bible belt is incredibly hostile towards atheists and homosexuals, or densely populated muslim regions are as well. They STRICTLY follow their holy books, and their holy books STRICTLY say to act like aggressive monkeys.

The ones who are "SORT OF" practicing christians, and muslims in lightly religious areas usually use their teachings to better themselves, etc. As a spiritiual guidance tool, or what have you.

There's also a reason why the bible and quran are extremely violent. They indoctrinate fear into their followers to prevent the same outcome of previous religions that they have crushed. Prior to Christianity. There were several other gods prior to Jehovah in ancient rome. It got wiped out in horrible and violent ways. You can't conquer other religions without teaching your followers to wipe them off the face of the earth.

I agree..

All I strive for is accountable as I hate seeing blame towards one religion.. If your going to post scriptures from one Abrahamic religion you might aswell post or acknowledge that it's similar to Christianity and Judaism.

Dude, look at my sig. You think I like Christianity? The religion that backs their child molesting priests?

All major religions are a disgrace to the human race. I'd buy a bible to spit on it. It makes me ill thinking about the tortured souls that any religion has affected.

Boo-hoo if you don't like me disrespecting your religion. I'll never hurt anyone, threaten anyone, or molest anyone in the name of ANYTHING. EVER.

Dude, look at my sig. You think I like Christianity? The religion that backs their child molesting priests?

All major religions are a disgrace to the human race. I'd buy a bible to spit on it. It makes me ill thinking about the tortured souls that any religion has affected.

Boo-hoo if you don't like me disrespecting your religion. I'll never hurt anyone, threaten anyone, or molest anyone in the name of ANYTHING. EVER.

I would debate more, but ironically I need to study for my religious studies class lol..

PS: I am not muslim nor am I super religious (agnostic), but I understand why someone would choose to go down that path of spirituality..

I would debate more, but ironically I need to study for my religious studies class lol..

PS: I am not muslim nor am I super religious (agnostic), but I understand why someone would choose to go down that path of spirituality..

I wish I didn't say I'd spit on the bible. I don't want someone to miss my point. I wouldn't waste my effort doing that, I get heated when I talk about religion. I'd never go out of my way to disrespect something like that. I'll voice my opinions with facts.

There's a difference between spirituality and religion. A large difference. Religion is organised. You're told what to believe, and there's a lot of bad things that will happen to you if you don't believe it. Spirituality is an individual journey free of brain washing.

Archived