The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arkansas Gun Range Declared "Muslim-Free Zone"

:D

http://rt.com/usa/192060-arkansas-gun-range-bans-muslims/

A gun range in Arkansas is stirring up controversy across the United States after it banned Muslims from using the establishment following alleged complaints over “Allah Akbar” ringtones belonging to Islamic customers with poor English skills.

Pointing to various acts of violence carried out by Muslims – the recent beheading in Oklahoma, the Boston Marathon bombing, and the World Trade Center attacks in 2001 – the owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, announced this week that she was making the facility a “Muslim Free Zone.”

Owner Jan Morgan made the announcement in a post on her website, according to Raw Story, but that page appears to have been taken down as of Tuesday evening. Excerpts quoted by the website before the post was removed, however, offer some insight into the reasons behind her controversial decision.

“This is not a coffee and donut shop. This is a live fire indoor shooting range,” she wrote. “In the range, people are shooting guns in close proximity to each other, so my patrons depend on me and my discretion regarding who I allow to shoot beside them. One mistake in judgment on my part could cost innocent people their lives.”

Specifically, Morgan said that Islam tells followers to hurt and kill people who choose not to convert to the religion, adding that she has received death threats for voicing her opinion about such verses from the Koran. She also called Islam a “theocracy” instead of a religion, claiming it is not protected by the US Constitution. Therefore, she argued, the ban does not infringe on Americans’ religious freedoms.

“Two Muslims walked in to my range last week with Allah Akbar ring tone and message alert tones on their smart phones,” she wrote. “They spoke very little English, one did not have proof of U.S. citizenship, yet they wanted to rent and shoot guns. Their behavior was so strange, it was unnerving to my patrons. No one would enter the range to shoot while they were there. Some of my customers left.”

Still, Morgan insisted that many of her customers come from numerous religious backgrounds, including atheists. When religions start to call for violence, though, she said her position takes on a new role.

“I not only have the right to refuse service but a RESPONSIBILITY to provide a safe environment for people to shoot and train on firearms,” she wrote, as quoted by local KRMG news.

The decision ignited debate between Facebook commenters who both agreed and disagreed with the move. One commenter called the business “blatantly bigoted” and questioned how employees would be able to tell Muslims apart from other customers.

“I also wonder how, exactly, one determines if a person is a Muslim or not,” the user wrote. “There are Muslims who look just like everyone else. If you don’t stop your discriminatory practices, you deserve to be put out of business.”

Others, meanwhile, raised concerns over Sharia law and expressed support for Morgan.

“That’s awesome!!” wrote another commenter. “I wish every business did the same. Good luck to ya.. And God Bless.”

The Western world is at war with radical Islam. While we are constantly reassured by politicians that try to remain diplomatic that Islam is a religion of peace, we cannot deny that there are many within the Muslim faith that practice a brand of Islam committed to violence. To deny this fact is simply to deny realities of the world.

Of course, not all Muslims are violent and should not be treated as such. However, one store, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has declared itself a “Muslim-free zone.”

Citing safety concerns and an extensive history of violent actions taken by Muslims in the U.S. and abroad, range owner Jan Morgan posted on her website a ten-point explanation for her decision to ban Muslims from her establishment and clarification as to her supposed legal reasoning.

While many might view the policy as extreme, it should be noted that the establishment appears to serve as a purely private establishment. Of course, this fact will likely not deter the radicalized Department of Justice from forcing Morgan to reverse her policies or otherwise face legal consequences as Obama’s DOJ has, in recent years, tried to force the owners of many establishments to violate their consciences by facilitating homosexual weddings.

Morgan claims that the ATF has asked her in the past to exercise judgment in refusing service to people who she feels might be unstable or a threat in general. This broad leeway, Morgan claims, offers her the authority to deny service broadly to Muslims. Bearingarms.com backs-up this assertion and notes,

“She brings up a very valid point that gun stores and ranges have both a legal and moral obligation to ensure the safety of their patrons. Because of this, they may refuse service to anyone they deem to be under the influence, mentally unstable, or otherwise a potential threat to themselves, or others. FFLs are afforded a great deal of latitude in this regard, as the federal government would rather err on the side of caution.”

Morgan offers her lengthy ten-point reasoning on her website:
I officially declare my business, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range, a MUSLIM FREE ZONE . . .

1) The Koran, which I have read and studied thoroughly and (which all muslims align themselves with), contains 109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam. Read those verses of violence here.

2) My life has been threatened repeatedly by muslims who are angry that I have studied their koran and have, over the past two years, been exposing the vileness of the Koran and its murderous directives.

3) * The barbaric act of beheading an innocent American in Oklahoma by a muslim
* the Boston bombings(by muslims)
* the Fort Hood mass shooting (by a muslim) that killed 13 people and injured over 30 people
* and the murder of 3000 innocent people (by muslims) on 9/11

This is more than enough loss of life on my home soil at the hands of muslims to substantiate my position that muslims can and will follow the directives in their Koran and kill here at home.

4) Because the nature of my business involves firearms and shooting firearms in an enclosed environment, my patrons are not comfortable being around muslims who align themselves with a religion that clearly commands hate, murder, and violence against all non muslims. Therefore many of my patrons are uncomfortable around Muslims with guns. (can you blame them?)

5) My range rents and sells guns to my patrons. Why would I want to rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?

6) * Muslims, who belong to and, or, support ISIS, are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
* Muslims, who belong to or support AL Qaeda, are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
* Muslims who belong to or support HAMAS are threatening to kill innocent Americans.

See a common thread here?

7) I not only have the right to refuse service but a RESPONSIBILITY to provide a safe environment for people to shoot and train on firearms. I can and have turned people away if I sense they are under the influence of alcohol or mind altering drugs. I have a federal firearms license…

The ATF informed us when we received the license that if we feel any reason for concern about selling someone a firearm, even sense that something is not right about an individual, or we are concerned about that persons mental state, even if they pass a background check, we do not have to sell that person a gun.

In other words, a federal agency has given us this kind of discretion for service based on the nature of the business. I can and have turned people away if I sense an issue with their mental state. So… its difficult to imagine how the DOJ could have issues with this when ATF gave us this discretion.

8) I have no way of looking at Islam other than as a theocracy, not a religion. Islam is undoubtedly the union of political, legal, and religious ideologies. In other words law, religion and state are forged together to form what Muslims refer to as “The Nation of Islam.” Once again it is given the sovereign qualities of a nation with clerics in the governing body and Sharia law all in one. This is a Theocracy, not a religion.

The US Constitution does not protect a theocracy. The 1st Amendment is very specific about protecting the rights of individuals from the government, as it concerns the practice of religions, not theocracies. It clearly differentiates between government and religion. Again protecting the individual’s religious beliefs and practices from (the state) government. In Islam religion and state are one.

We are a Nation governed by laws, or the law of the land the U.S. Constitution. We are not a Nation that is governed by religion, politicians or clerics.

How then, can anyone say that, the practice of Islam is protected by the U.S. Constitution?

The muslim brotherhood has a documented plan for the destruction of America from within, discovered by our own government during a raid of MB operatives in America. In addition, I am very cognizant of the civilization jihad under way in my country by American muslims. In a number of states Muslims, through our legal system, are trying to force us to accept Sharia Law over Constitutional law. I do not wish to do business with people who stand against the Constitution and are fighting to replace it.

9) Islam allows Muslims to kill their own children, (honor killing) if the behavior of those children embarrasses or dishonors the family name. ( did you know that dating outside of the faith is justification for murdering their daughters and this has already occurred on American soil?) Why would I want people (who believe its okay to murder their own children), be in the presence of other children? My patrons often bring their kids to the range to teach them to shoot. I am responsible for providing a safe environment for those children to learn gun safety and shooting sports.

10) In the 14 hundred year history of Islam, muslims have murdered over 270 million people. Not all muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists in the world right now are muslim. Since you can’t determine by visual assessment, which ones will kill you and which ones will not, I am going to go with the line of thought that ANY HUMAN BEING who would either knowingly or unknowingly support a “religion” that commands the murder of all people who refuse to submit or convert to that religion, is not someone I want to know or do business with. I hold adults accountable for the religion they align themselves with.

In summary, I not only have the right, but a responsibility to provide a safe environment for my customers. I do not believe my decision is religious discrimination because I do not classify islam as a religion.. It is a theocracy/terrorist organization that hides behind the mask of religion in order to achieve its mission of world domination.

People who shoot at my range come from all religious backgrounds… some are atheists… I do not care about their religious beliefs. I care about the safety of my customers who come to shoot here. The government allows businesses to ban me from entering their business with my gun because the property owner feels uncomfortable or wants to provide a “safe” environment for their patrons which is in clear violation of my 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, so… I should be ale to deny service to people on the same premise. Can my government really force me to invite someone who had threatened to kill me, into my home or business?

I will do whatever is necessary to provide a safe environment for my customers, even at the cost of the increased threats and legal problems this decision will likely provoke.

Jan Morgan- owner / The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range

Wow...where does one even start with this kind of ignorance.

It's Quran, not Koran. Much like it's Arkansas not Arkansaw (illegal to pronounce it that way believe it or not) It's Islamists and extremists not Muslims or those who believe in Islam

Seriously...like how can people stomach this. I for one should be able to start an American Ignorance free zone. Because I am afraid of my kids catching a fat load of ignorance or stupidty. I hear it's contagious

Being Muslim, I'd get very hurt hearing of these things before. It's gotten to the point where I don't see what use directing energy towards these bigots will serve, they are clearly unintelligent so a well versed discourse is out of the picture. Not worth anyone's time.

That being said, some people should take a page out of Chick Fil A's book and show up in throngs wearing turbans and burqas to party nearby. Just because. Eid is coming up so why not

Wow...where does one even start with this kind of ignorance.

It's Quran, not Koran. Much like it's Arkansas not Arkansaw (illegal to pronounce it that way believe it or not) It's Islamists and extremists not Muslims or those who believe in Islam

Seriously...like how can people stomach this. I for one should be able to start an American Ignorance free zone. Because I am afraid of my kids catching a fat load of ignorance or stupidty. I hear it's contagious

I don't agree with it - but they do happen to make some good points... It's hard to ignore those facts.

Koran vs Quran is a matter of translation.

http://rt.com/usa/192060-arkansas-gun-range-bans-muslims/

Specifically, Morgan said that Islam tells followers to hurt and kill people who choose not to convert to the religion, adding that she has received death threats for voicing her opinion about such verses from the Koran. She also called Islam a “theocracy” instead of a religion, claiming it is not protected by the US Constitution. Therefore, she argued, the ban does not infringe on Americans’ religious freedoms.

WTF, that is a stupid and racist ideology. Give me ONE example in which the Prophet Muhammad did such a thing, except for self defense.

If ISIS and Al-Qaeda/Taliban had not being created because of the stupid U.S government none of this crap would have happened.

Do people not realize that if Al-Qaeda was not created and funded by the U.S government, 9/11 would have probably never happened.

If people in other people are dying they don't care, but when suffering and pain hits there own McDonald eating selves, then they get all emotional and start crying for them selves.

How would they like to feel if some foreign bas****s come to there countries, urine over there dead, blow up everything they have, and completely destroy everything. If some on were to do this stuff to New York, LA, or even your sown cities how would you feel?

beirut_2006_2.jpg

s_s10_RTR3EJU7.jpg

syria.jpg

3791322_370.jpg

And yet some Americans claim that they are the biggest victims of terrorism.....

I have no problems against Americans or America, I have a problem with ignorant people on both sides.

FYI, I also do not support 9/11 or any other terrorist attacks as I strongly condemn them. But people, please understand that these terrorists groups like ISIS are using Islam to attract people and to brainwash them.

Being Muslim, I'd get very hurt hearing of these things before. It's gotten to the point where I don't see what use directing energy towards these bigots will serve, they are clearly unintelligent so a well versed discourse is out of the picture. Not worth anyone's time.

That being said, some people should take a page out of Chick Fil A's book and show up in throngs wearing turbans and burqas to party nearby. Just because. Eid is coming up so why not

What do you say to the points that this person (and many people) have made about Muslim faith practices and beliefs?

I am curious how you view the "extremist vs not" side of things...

Muslims aren't the problem - extremist Muslims are - so how would you have the "rest" of us deal with this situation in a non bigoted way? I am extremely open minded, and really don't have any issues with your faith - I do however sometimes see the point of these afraid people.

For example, one time when I was getting on a plane - a Muslim gentleman in full garb got up and starting praying near the window next to the gate.... He bowed over and over and over again for nearly an hour. From the perspective of someone who is not bigoted towards anyone - I even was a bit shy about getting on the plane with this guy. I realized that was an ignorant point of view - but I couldn't help but think "what if this is the last time he's praying to his god before he takes this plane down?".... If I christian was at the airport - they wouldn't walk up to the gate in a public place, clap their hands together and pray to jesus for an hour over and over and over again...why would a muslim person do this and feel that it was ok?

I am not of any religious affiliation - so instead of being a weirdo Christian that hates all things different than me, I just simply look at people with strong religious views with a bit of a tilted head... as I think it's strange for people to completely buy-in to works of fiction (IMHO).

I don't agree with it - but they do happen to make some good points... It's hard to ignore those facts.

Koran vs Quran is a matter of translation.

Well. I don't want Americans in Canada. They are aggressive bigoted and carry weapons as well as support terrorist governments in the middle east. I feel as though they are a danger to my children and my country as such I want to petition that they not be allowed in to canada.

See how that sounds?

WTF, that is a stupid and racist ideology. Give me ONE example in which the Prophet Muhammad did such a thing, except for self defense.

If ISIS and Al-Qaeda/Taliban had not being created because of the stupid U.S government none of this crap would have happened.

Do people not realize that if Al-Qaeda was not created and funded by the U.S government, 9/11 would have probably never happened.

If people in other people are dying they don't give 2 sh*ts, but when suffering and pain hits there own McDonald eating selves, then they get all emotional and start crying for them selves.

How would they like to feel if some foreign bas****s come to there countries, urine over there dead, blow up everything they have, and completely destroy everything. If some on were to do this stuff to New York, LA, or even your sown cities how would you feel?

beirut_2006_2.jpg

s_s10_RTR3EJU7.jpg

syria.jpg

3791322_370.jpg

And yet some Americans claim that they are the biggest victims of terrorism.....

I have no problems against Americans or America, I have a problem with ignorant people on both sides.

FYI, I also do not support 9/11 or any other terrorist attacks as I strongly condemn them. But people, please understand that these terrorists groups like ISIS are using Islam to attract people and to brainwash them.

See it's cute that people like this person make such stupid statements yet they refuse to acknowledge that their religion was responsible for almost all of the major atrocities over the last 1000 years, from the crusades to Hitlers god is on my side final solution.

People seem to not realize that by and large over history Muslims have only fought back when provoked, it is only in the last 30 to 40 years that they have become extremists and taken the fight to other shores and mostly in part due to western intervention.

So + 1 to you good sir.

What do you say to the points that this person (and many people) have made about Muslim faith practices and beliefs?

I am curious how you view the "extremist vs not" side of things...

Muslims aren't the problem - extremist Muslims are - so how would you have the "rest" of us deal with this situation in a non bigoted way? I am extremely open minded, and really don't have any issues with your faith - I do however sometimes see the point of these afraid people.

For example, one time when I was getting on a plane - a Muslim gentleman in full garb got up and starting praying near the window next to the gate.... He bowed over and over and over again for nearly an hour. From the perspective of someone who is not bigoted towards anyone - I even was a bit shy about getting on the plane with this guy. I realized that was an ignorant point of view - but I couldn't help but think "what if this is the last time he's praying to his god before he takes this plane down?".... If I christian was at the airport - they wouldn't walk up to the gate in a public place, clap their hands together and pray to jesus for an hour over and over and over again...why would a muslim person do this and feel that it was ok?

I am not of any religious affiliation - so instead of being a weirdo Christian that hates all things different than me, I just simply look at people with strong religious views with a bit of a tilted head... as I think it's strange for people to completely buy-in to works of fiction (IMHO).

Muslims pray 5 times a day. What the man did is completely normal. In Muslims countries such as the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and even Pakistan there are designated Prayer rooms to pray in. Normally it take 5 to 10 minutes to pray, but if he takes longer there's no problem with that. If you were to see a white catholic priest or a Buddhist monk, would you react the same? I know why some people are scared and they have the right too be, but just think about that.

Muslims pray 5 times a day. What the man did is completely normal. In Muslims countries such as the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and even Pakistan there are designated Prayer rooms to pray in. Normally it take 5 to 10 minutes to pray, but if he takes longer there's no problem with that. If you were to see a white catholic priest or a Buddhist monk, would you react the same? I know why some people are scared and they have the right too be, but just think about that.

When I was younger I had 4 muslim raised children in my class, they left the class if I recall 3 times a day. After the 2nd day it didn't seem any more unusual than kids packing up for church Weds Sat and Sun. It actually seemed more honest because there was no mention of hell fire or sin nor anyone asking for money.

Because the muslim religion has different traditions. Many Christians do pray before flights, meals, any event.

The only reason people feel unsafe near muslims is paranoia. When people see a lot of muslim terrorists on the news, it scares them. However, thousands of muslims fly on planes every day with no incident, and the chances of an actual attack are slim. Same with the gun range, the only reason people feel unsafe is because they are paranoid of a 0.00000001% chance of an attack. If the range owner has legitimate reason to believe one of the patrons may be a terrorist, sure by all means ban them/report to police. But you can't just ban all muslims because there is a chance, however slim, of them being a terrorist. I mean there have to be violent people of all races and religions who use gun ranges. We go through life accepting risk in everything we do.

I'm surprised there's not some type of law that prevents this discrimination.

I fully support their right to keep their business free of Muslims and their barbaric crap, unfortunately they've got two things going against them:

- Omitting Christian hypocrisy and Christian barbaric acts

- Not understanding Muslim Americans have a first amendment too

It's a fine line to tread.

In the UK, Muslims are allowed to basically declare jihad and threaten the UK as a whole while inside. If they try that in the US, they'll rightfully be loaded full of bullets. For the sake of all peaceful Muslims, better to nip this in the bud now before it gets out of control.

Owning and using a firearm is a privilege not a right. Get that through your head America ! Your constitution is full of meaningless rhetoric form centuries ago ! Clearly as a nation you need to put down the ar-14's and pick up some f//king books.

The pure ignorance of people like this gun range owner is all the evidence anyone needs that America is the most uneducated first world country. The moronic ideals and values of these complete fools is not funny anymore. It is scary as hell. I am more scared of the American that thinks he needs to carry a Glock in his coat than the guy praying in front of a boarding terminal gate !!

How much fear and hate are the Americans going to spread ? Will they not be happy until there is an ok corral gun fight in every neighborhood to settle a dispute ? If you think i am going too far take a look back at the last 2 months in America. Then look back 2 years then 20 and you will see the same thing, nothing but killing of one another and innocents around them. Will going back to the Wild west make these retards happy ?

Who brought the guns into the warring countries ? The Americans,Brits French and Russians that's who. They have armed brother against brother. Family against family , nation against nation. That is and has always been the Big three's(America, Britain, France) agenda. The more we fight against each other regardless of race creed or color the more control they have.

When will humanity wake up and realize the greatest oppressors are our own Governments. They collectively LIE , CHEAT , STEAL, MURDER, CORRUPT, DISTORT and MUTATE anything that is not in line with their laws and policies designed to control and manipulate every aspect of our lives.

The western world and it's first world partners sit and watch in there comfy non bullet riddled, non missile destroyed neighborhoods as the rights and freedoms we think we have are being stripped from us on a daily basis world wide. I will not go into the details as it is pretty dam easy to find these savage acts of government control over the what I still like to call ignorantly" the FREE peoples of the world"

We are not free, we do not have the rights and freedoms written out in our charters and constitutions. They are used against us in the courts of law to establish complete and utter compliance to the State.

I fully support their right to keep their business free of Muslims and their barbaric crap, unfortunately they've got two things going against them:

- Omitting Christian hypocrisy and Christian barbaric acts

- Not understanding Muslim Americans have a first amendment too

It's a fine line to tread.

In the UK, Muslims are allowed to basically declare jihad and threaten the UK as a whole while inside. If they try that in the US, they'll rightfully be loaded full of bullets. For the sake of all peaceful Muslims, better to nip this in the bud now before it gets out of control.

All religion and all barbaric acts.

In fact we could simplify that by saying religion I would think while not excluding any one specific denomination of faith religion or view.

Archived