The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Islanders

I have interest in Cal Clutterbuck. Was once among the league leaders in hits i believe. He is only 26 soon to be 27. Doesnt seem to be a fit since joining the islanders.

Hansen could be a more useful bottom 6 player for them.

So my trade proposal is:

Canucks trade

Hansen

2016 4th round pick

to Islanders For

Clutterbuck @ 1m retained so 1.75m cap hit for us

2015 3rd round pick

Clutterbuck on a line with Dorsett would be a solid 4th line that can play and they both hit. Maybe slotting Horvat there or richardson/vey/matthias

any interest in adding a player with Clutterbucks's style of play to the canucks?

Lateral move and we lose a pick. I wouldn't do it.

Clutterbuck is more physical but less skilled. Hansen can move up the lineup in case of injuries/suspension (Burrows) and mesh decently for the time being and I don't think Cal can offer us that. No thanks.

we lose a 4th but gain a 3rd in a deeper draft. which could get packaged with another pick to move up. I do understand what you are saying though. but a faster grinder who can hit i think would be a nice add.

maybe a pick for clutterbuck with 1m retained by them and we move a forward elsewhere? would that be better?

I'd just offer:

To Vancouver:

------------------

Cal Clutterbuck

To Islanders:

-----------------

4th 2015

Tom Sestito

ya just figured they would want someone who could play that has experience. Dont think sestito would crack their lineup. But i would do that trade for sure

In overall play I don't see Clutterbuck as an upgrade over Hansen, so the trade would be just for a difference in playing style, with Clutterbuck doing more hitting.

The proposal is fair enough, as is normally the case with your proposals. I wouldn't make this one unless Hansen wanted to move on, merely because it seems pretty much lateral and I'd like to see more reason before uprooting players.

i dont think that gets Hamonic. They would want Tanev or Edler

Hamonic is their version of Tanev imo

Hamonic is much better than Tanev right now. The Isles have no reason to trade him. I'd have no problem doing the original proposal though.

Archived