The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Subway Super Series - Game 4, OHL vs Russia GDT

I was really looking forward to seeing Bo Horvat play in these games. I think it kinda sucks that he's missed the opportunity.

In all honesty, I'm more interested in seeing him play against any kind of NHL competition than a Russian junior team in a mean-nothing 2 game series. Different story with the WJC, though he will most likely get the opportunity to play in it.

PS: I'm pretty happy with the 3rd round pick that we did manage to pick up in that draft. ;- )

In all honesty, I'm more interested in seeing him play against any kind of NHL competition than a Russian junior team in a mean-nothing 2 game series. Different story with the WJC, though he will most likely get the opportunity to play in it.

PS: I'm pretty happy with the 3rd round pick that we did manage to pick up in that draft. ;- )

I just hope the Canucks get him back to London soon enough for him to get his game back or he's not likely to perform well. I'm surprised the Canucks are dragging it out like this. Disappointed.

I just hope the Canucks get him back to London soon enough for him to get his game back or he's not likely to perform well. I'm surprised the Canucks are dragging it out like this. Disappointed.

Same here. I hope they give him a chance to play at least a couple of Junior games before the final WJ camp in December. Everyone else will be 100% into a season's rhythm (without all of these breaks) and he'll have to do catch up yet again. I think he'll make the team simply being the best defensive centreman available to them, but it would obviously be nice for Horvat to get games regularly.

As for the game today:

McCann - Looked good. Was solid defensively at both even strength and on the penalty-kill. His line with Ho-Sang and Ellie were real solid throughout the game. The goal that McCann scored in the Top Prospects game last year was assisted by Ho-Sang so perhaps there's some chemistry already there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBvWVwbMCho

Subban - He, along with the rest of the defense, played very well defensively. I sort of wanted to see more from a guy leading OHL defenders in goals and points, but it was nice to see him play well defensively -- something that he supposedly needs some work on.

McCann - Looked good. Was solid defensively at both even strength and on the penalty-kill. His line with Ho-Sang and Ellie were real solid throughout the game. The goal that McCann scored in the Top Prospects game last year was assisted by Ho-Sang so perhaps there's some chemistry already there.

Subban - He, along with the rest of the defense, played very well defensively. I sort of wanted to see more from a guy leading OHL defenders in goals and points, but it was nice to see him play well defensively -- something that he supposedly needs some work on.

I'm thinking McCann still hasn't gotten his energy level back to 100% after his bout with mono. He didn't have nearly the same jump I've seen him play with in previous games. That being said, he played a solid game and should have had an assist had Ho-Sang finished.

If they wanted to see that Subban could play a solid responsible game in his own end, then he definitely displayed that. He wasn't jumping up in the play like he normally would this game, and seemed somewhat hesitant to shoot. But his point totals in the OHL speak for itself so they know what he can bring in that department I would think.

I'm more curious than ever to see what Subban can do on the wing. I just hope the possibility of moving him up to forward is in the Canucks' calculation when they ultimately decide whether to offer him an entry level contract or not. It's a scenario not unlike the Scott Walker situation, and he turned out to be a darned useful NHL right winger for many years.

Archived