The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 Grey Cup...

kill_the_avs2

Hamilton just got fracked over by the refs. That is an atrocious call and you never want to see that decide a championship game. CFL is a joke.

I feel so bad for Banks and the Ti-Cats (and their fans). What a crapty way to end the game.

The Stamps did not deserve to win the cup. No surprise why the CFL product has been as bad as it has ever been in a long time.

Hamilton got robbed by poor officiating. No wonder the CFL is a joke.

That call right there is why people despise the CFL. Even if it was a slight block in the back (which it wasn’t) you cannot... CANNOT call that in the Grey Cup. He wouldn’t have tackled him anyways. Calls like that are why people won’t waste their time. Just a bush call on a shoulder block by a bush league.

That call right there is why people despise the CFL. Even if it was a slight block in the back (which it wasnt) you cannot... CANNOT call that in the Grey Cup. He wouldnt have tackled him anyways. Calls like that are why people wont waste their time. Just a bush call on a shoulder block by a bush league.

Ah so it can be like the playoffs in hockey where all of a sudden the whistles go away? Hey Taylor Reed, you had both of your hands on his back and that right there was the game.

Ah so it can be like the playoffs in hockey where all of a sudden the whistles go away? Hey Taylor Reed, you had both of your hands on his back and that right there was the game.

Putting the whistle away a bit in clutch moments/playoff games happens in all of sports except basketball - specifically the NBA.

Agreed man this league has been a joke for quite some time. From the lions drafting a dead guy, Los Vegas Posse anthem singer butchering O Canada, to the Eskimos housing thier draft picks in a barn. This league is pathetic.

Hey anyone got this week's power rankings lol? I hear B.C. has a real shot next year. They have to be one of the top 8 teams in the league, I like thier chances....

Actually you have to make the playoffs by being the top 6 in the league and they have 9 teams again, now with Ottawa back in the league. Also no, Ottawa is not the Rough riders anymore either. They are now a team called the RED BLACKS or rouge et noir en francais.

I'm not. Big NFL or CFL fan, only football I care about is NCAA. I'm not going to make a thread and rip into those leagues because I think they are boring and subpar.

To each a zone bro.

I herd they are having a really tough time selling the grey cup tickets.

I don't understand the NCAA sure it is entertaining because of the crowd noise, bands, and the rivalries and the student fans that contribute to the atmosphere but most of the big plays happen because of big mistakes like the CFL and by mistakes made by less talented and disciplined players.

Don't see the draw to watch regularly unless you have some sort of connection to the school. It's like watching junior hockey. I don't bother unless it is the world junior tournament and it is being held in North America during the time between Christmas and New years day.

Plus a lot of big time college and junior players turn out to be busts like Tebow and other Heisman winners like Troy Smith who couldn't even play in the CFL. A recent NHL example of a big bust would be Gilbert Bruel beast in junior was being mentioned in the same breath as Crosby by Don Cherry and some others. Now he couldn't hold Crosby's specially named fitted jockstrap.

I like the CFL, and college football. The NFL is junk. Can't stand watching NFL. I watch the super bowl once a year because inevitably someone invited me out to watch it but that's it.

Why too many commercials? Don't mind the CFL but only in the summer when nothing else is on and only other alternative is watching baseball.

NCAAA/College football like I said some of the appeal is similar to the CFL big mistakes by inferior talented players lead to big plays. College offences are very similar to CFL ones and even the NFL in recent years is combining college offensive elements to ease the transition of qbs an NFL system and playbook.

Similar to world juniors. Only game I remember watching is the National Championship and even I forget to watch that sometimes.

If there are Olympics or soccer or even basketball or beach volleyball I would be tempted to watch that game unless the BC Lions are playing.

Couldn't care much about the other CFL teams if they were playing. Just don't like Saskatchewan and Montreal the others I don't really care who wins.

That call right there is why people despise the CFL. Even if it was a slight block in the back (which it wasn’t) you cannot... CANNOT call that in the Grey Cup. He wouldn’t have tackled him anyways. Calls like that are why people won’t waste their time. Just a bush call on a shoulder block by a bush league.

So you want the refs to be like the NHL and just throw away the rule book because its the playoffs? Apparantly integrity of the game means as little to you as it does to the NHL brass. How do you or the ref know at that instant if he could have made the tackle? He was close enough that he might have got a hand on him and slowed him enough for another player to make the tackle. Rules are rules and should be enforced CONSISTANTLY, the score, time on the clock and game situation should be completely irrelavant to the refs.

BECAUSE I FELT THE NEED TO VOICE MY OPINION ON THIS GARBAGE HALFTIME SHOW :mad::mad:

Yeah, because the NFL hasn't had their fair share of crappy halftime shows?

As for the call against Hamilton. Yeah, it was crap, but its been called that way all season.

Was at the game, and had a blast. Almost a packed house. I don't mind Imagine Dragons, so it was alright. Then again, I didn't go to the game to watch a halftime show, I was at the game to watch football.

Archived