The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom's attitude very positive coming to Vancouver

Magnum P I

Yep, in my opinion the obvious move is to trade Lack and bring Markstrom up next year. Back ups are easy to find in the NHL.

I still think Benning made a mistake with signing Miller. I can't see a difference between a Miller-Lack combo and a Lack - Markstrom combo.

And that's why most of your posts make little sense. If you don't know the difference it means you don't even understand the basics of the game.

It's not just a random goalie that unbelievably stops 50 insane one timers a game no matter how good he is like NHL 2015, it's actually real life with real goalies ... and one of the them is twice as good as the other ones.

The AHL All-Star game was as big a joke as the NHL. Markstrom was the only player who could have left the arena with his head held high.

I read at some point that he would not stay with Van if both Lack/Miller were still with the Canucks. I have suggested that Miller be moved and that Lack/Markstrom be the duo next year.

Hopefully Lack pitches a SO in NJ tonight and Benning moves Miller for a draft pick or young prospect.

Hopefully... But unfortunately he showed that we need Miller last night.

Anyone who thinks that just because Markstrom is doing well in the AHL it means he is ready to be an NHL starter is dreaming.

Benning is not going to trade Miller till at earliest March of next year. By then he will know if either Markstrom or Lack is a starter.

Lack is being evaluated this year, and if he is not good enough (which unfortunately may be the case) he will be traded during the summer and Markstrom will be brought up as a backup for the start of 2015/16 to be evaluated in turn.

If he is good enough to replace Miller, then a trade will be made at the deadline... unless we are leading the league with Miller, in which case they will stay as a tandem.

Archived