The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prop: Markstrom to Sharks

Vancouver trades:

• Jacob Markstrom [potential #1 goalie; 25 years old - what SJ is searching for]
  • Entry-Level Prospect (ex. Miles Liberati, Alexandre Grenier, Ludwig Blomstrand...)
  • Low-Tier Prospect (ex. Alex Friesen, Peter Andersson, Joseph LaBate...)
  • Scouting Staff

San Jose trades:

• Premier Prospect (ex: Chris Tierney, Nikolai Goldobin, Matt Nieto...)
  • Secondary-Tier Prospect (ex. Konrad Abeltshauser , Rourke Chartier, Dylan Sadowy...)
  • 2015 2nd Rd. Pick
  • 2016 2nd Rd. Pick
  • Scouting Staff

Before the season started most people though the 3 California teams would make the playoffs, with the Canucks going for a wildcard.

But what happened, LA had a slow start, but now getting back.

Calgary improved. San Jose fell off.

There is absolutely no reason to help San Jose improve. Let them suck for a few years.

Before the season started most people though the 3 California teams would make the playoffs, with the Canucks going for a wildcard.

But what happened, LA had a slow start, but now getting back.

Calgary improved. San Jose fell off.

There is absolutely no reason to help San Jose improve. Let them suck for a few years.

I wouldn't worry this trade hurts the Sharks more than help them.

Id rather trade Lack. I think Markstrom is going to be the better goalie. I got a feeling Markstrom will take lacks job this season with miller out. Im expecting a rusty first game because of nerves (could be wrong) but after he settles he is going to do great. He may even force benning to move Miller to SJ (miller wants to be close to wife), possibly Calgary? If thats the case lack stays as our back up.

Lack trade- if Markstrom proves he is better than lack but not capable of being #1

Markstrom trade- if he is unable to prove he is better than Lack

Miller trade- if Markstrom proves he can be a solid starter (very possible)

We will see by the end of the season how this plays out.

My prediction is Markstrom plays great but has a few bad games and benning trades Lack and goes with the miller markstrom duo next year. Which id prefer miller being a mentor for markstom so when miller is done markstrom can take over until demko is ready

Id rather trade Lack. I think Markstrom is going to be the better goalie. I got a feeling Markstrom will take lacks job this season with miller out. Im expecting a rusty first game because of nerves (could be wrong) but after he settles he is going to do great. He may even force benning to move Miller to SJ (miller wants to be close to wife), possibly Calgary? If thats the case lack stays as our back up.

Lack trade- if Markstrom proves he is better than lack but not capable of being #1

Markstrom trade- if he is unable to prove he is better than Lack

Miller trade- if Markstrom proves he can be a solid starter (very possible)

We will see by the end of the season how this plays out.

My prediction is Markstrom plays great but has a few bad games and benning trades Lack and goes with the miller markstrom duo next year. Which id prefer miller being a mentor for markstom so when miller is done markstrom can take over until demko is ready

Imo that's a big gamble. Markstrom hasn't proven himself even as a nhl back up let alone a starter. You really can't evaluate a short period of time. At least the organization know what your getting in Lack. They groomed him and developed him in their system. Imo you always need a Veteran goaltender like Miller to guide these young goaltender. And two years isn't enough for Lack or Markstrom to take over the starting position.

I don't beleive in this crap that we should trade Miller to be closer to his wife. Hey he didn't have to sign here . He could have signed with S.J or the Ducks . Heck we had Loungo for how many years and his wife was back East in Florida.

I think before we trade Markstrom, we should showcase him in the NHL as Miller's backup. Seeing how Lack is 27, he isn't going to want to be a backup goalie for much longer and I think he can be a starting goalie with upside. I also don't think Miller is going anywhere, I think the reason we signed Miller was to give time to our goalies such as Markstrom and Demko. Anyways, not sure what is going to happen with Lack but he is 27...Bishop got his chance at 27 as well.

Archived