The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chemical Fire in Vancouver

Raoul Duke

Jeez.

I have no interest in inhaling burning acid fumes. That's crazy. Apparently, the powder (if it is in its common powder form) itself isn't flammable, but it can become combustible if something else is burning adjacent to it. I wonder what the source of the fire was?

I did learn something today though! Trichloroisocyanuric acid is used to sanitize things. Neat.

Stay safe everybody. If anybody here on CDC starts to smell or feel anything weird, get in your car and start driving east. If you end up having to sleep in your car for a night, it's better than staying there and breathing in carcinogens.

It doesn't smell all that bad tbh

Forget that. If I could smell anything from a large chemical leak/burning, I'd get as far away as I could and sleep in a hotel for a couple of days until the wind dissipated the chemicals.

Not me. Buffalo gets it's water from Lake Erie. So unless Ohio craps the lake up so bad that their killer algae reaches us, we're all good here. ^_^

Shoot. I live on an acreage right across from a dairy farm. I'm guessing it smells worse than if the whole Great Lakes got crapped up.

Shoot. I live on an acreage right across from a dairy farm. I'm guessing it smells worse than if the whole Great Lakes got crapped up.

I'm sure Ohio's side of the lake smelled fine. The algae that they create with their industrial waste dumping can actually get into their drinking water and kill people that drink it. Russian Roulette with water, no thanks!

Our side of the lake has been getting cleaner by the year for the last 15 years or so.

It doesn't smell all that bad tbh

I live on commercial drive. Smelt a garbage like smell in the air walking home. The for was put soon after it started.

Lol at people saying they would stay on a hotel on the other side of the city.

I live on commercial drive. Smelt a garbage like smell in the air walking home. The for was put soon after it started.

I was exposed to a chemical fire that later destroyed my health, who knows what the long term effects of this could be?

Anyway, I wonder at the cause, a lot of accidents at the port aren't accidents.

You'd get a bigger laugh if I lived in Vancouver. I would have hauled as* out of the area for at least 24 hrs. I'm usually pretty cautious.

Archived