The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Upcoming game in San Jose

Crimson-JH

Hey guys,

Before I carry on, I did tried to visit the Official Sharks message board and posted on there about this.. But for some reason, it wouldn't let me start a new topic which is pretty lame.

Have anyone been to the Sharks Territory before? This upcoming Sat game will be my first NHL and Canucks game (I hope they win!) ever. Does anyone know where and when the players leave the arena after the game? I really would like to meet and get some autographs on my jersey, especially from the Sedins, Horvat, and Burrows.

Also is there anything I need to know about my first experience at the Tank? I'm sure I will get trash talks by the fans... I hope there isn't much hostility...

I was there once for a Canuck game, there were several hundred other Canuck fans at least.

Visiting fans usually are the ones who start trouble. Not the other way around.

I doubt there would be anywhere to meet the players after the game.

I know where the players come in, but its kind of restricted: even if you came at the same time as them they won't let you meet them.

Not because they don't want to, just that they are on a tight timeline. Even when they want to meet players from the other team, before the game they literally have a few seconds. Most of the time they meet each other after the game.

If you really want to meet them try going to their autograph sessions. You can get a picture with them too that way.

Good luck on your journey.

I'm guessing it's not easy to meet the players any time close to game time. It's their place of work, and they probably would prefer not to be bothered.

If you want to meet the players, an organized event in the offseason or at the airport is your best bet.

I've been to SAP Centre. The fans in San Jose are very knowledgeable about the game. I caught a Sharks and Wild game while I was there. Told the guy next to me I was from Vancouver and a Canucks fan. He knew all about us and where we were standings wise. The fans are more engaged into the game then at Rogers Arena. I didn't see any Wild jerseys around so don't know how they treat fans with opposing team jerseys, but I don't think it will be anywhere as bad as Boston.

There are lots of good food and drink options as well.

I don't think any of us know the specifics of the SAP Centre to get a good grasp of where the players enter/exit. If you asked about Rogers Arena, you'd get more of a response.

Have fun though! From the looks of it, the SAP Centre looks spectacular and seems like it's more technologically advanced compared to other stadiums, including Rogers Arena

Archived