The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netanyahu Wins Election - Likud 30 Seats - Zionist Union 24 Seats

DonLever

Careful you don't get written into the Book of Lame. There's a fine line between being a good Christian and just being an annoying goody-two-shoes. Nobody likes the latter.

Sorry, I was answering your WWJD question. I guess I should have made that clearer.

It's what happens when you have a chicken as a prime minister, and oppositions are not in a position to make an impact (as if the PM is actually in a position to make an impact, but at least try).

I don't think he's a chicken prime minister, I mean, he was calling out Russia when they invaded Ukraine and no one else was condemning their actions. And IMO, Russia is scarier than Israel.

Sorry, I was answering your WWJD question. I guess I should have made that clearer.

I don't think he's a chicken prime minister, I mean, he was calling out Russia when they invaded Ukraine and no one else was condemning their actions. And IMO, Russia is scarier than Israel.

Huh? I'm sure everyone in the 'West' was condemning Putin, at different times I supposed.

It's good to see that world leaders are slowly changing their stands on the Netanyahu government.

Huh? I'm sure everyone in the 'West' was condemning Putin, at different times I supposed.

It's good to see that world leaders are slowly changing their stands on the Netanyahu government.

They aren't, in fact, its going to cost his party the upcoming presidency. Obama doesn't even have the support of his own party.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/11/14/g20_summit_vladimir_putin_gets_cold_shoulder_from_stephen_harper.html

Pretty sure no one else stood up to Putin like this before Harper, certainly not Obama.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/11/14/g20_summit_vladimir_putin_gets_cold_shoulder_from_stephen_harper.html

Pretty sure no one else stood up to Putin like this before Harper, certainly not Obama.

::D::D (not laughing at you... I'm still laughing at Brick's post^^)

Good for Harper, I guess. Ultimately does nothing but lip service. I don't want to google but I like to think that other leaders have thrown their jabs at Putin too.

f*** isreal man, im not an anti semite but if one country takes a minority and sticks them in a corner (litrally) what do friggin expect?

humos or whatever thier name is leading palastine because they are the only political party willing to stand up t the zionists

friggin chosen ones...

palistinians should wear a gold stars to make a point, might help the zionists wake the f up

f*** isreal man, im not an anti semite but if one country takes a minority and sticks them in a corner (litrally) what do friggin expect?

humos or whatever thier name is leading palastine because they are the only political party willing to stand up t the zionists

friggin chosen ones...

palistinians should wear a gold stars to make a point, might help the zionists wake the f up

I believe it's spelled "hummus".

Israel has expanded their economic base, and it's not due to lobby groups. It's due to the creation of innovative products. You may want to check who designed the computer chip in the computer you are currently using

And criticism of what Iran is doing now has nothing to do with Muslim stereotyping. Hundreds of thousands of people are dying in Syria, and Iran is heavily involved

I said nothing about israel's economy I stated more nations , 158 to be exact out of 192 members of the UN, condemn Israel for their illegal settlements.

Why do nations change their postion , lets use mine as an example

Former foreign minister Bob Carr says 'pro-Israel lobby' influenced government policy

Updated

10 Apr 2014, 8:10am

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

Former foreign minister Bob Carr has hit out at what he calls the "pro-Israel lobby in Melbourne", saying it wielded "extraordinary influence" on Australia's policy during his time in Julia Gillard's cabinet.

Speaking to ABC's 7.30 program, Mr Carr said "extreme right-wing" pro-Israel lobbyists had an "unhealthy" influence on Australia's policy towards Israel and the Occupied Territories.

Mr Carr details his time as foreign minister, and his criticism of the pro-Israel lobby, in his new book, Diary of a Foreign Minister.

"I found it very frustrating that we couldn't issue, for example, a routine expression of concern about the spread of Israeli settlements on the West Bank - great blocks of housing for Israeli citizens going up on land that everyone regards as part of the future Palestinian state if there is to be a two-state solution," he said.

"The important point about a diary of a foreign minister is you shine light on areas of government that are otherwise in darkness, and the influence of lobby groups is one of those areas.

"What I've done is to spell out how the extremely conservative instincts of the pro-Israel lobby in Melbourne was exercised through the then-prime minister's office."

http://www. abc.net.au/news/2014-04-09/bob-carr-lashes-out-at-melbourne-pro-israel-lobby/5379074

Lets take a look at Canada and see how powerful and the influence it has had on canada's foriegn policy

The “Jewish Lobby” has influenced foreign policy out of proportion to its representation
in the Canadian population, especially whencompared with the country’s Arab-Canadian population, then this may be an issue of concern. Moreover, using the “Jewish Lobby” as a model, professional lobbyists can discover best and worst lobbying practices. The theoretical implications of this study are clear, even if Canada’s influence in the Middle- East process is minimal.
What BS are you going to come out with next ?

friggin chosen ones...

Everything you just said can be used in Israels defence, you just have to go back further in history.

I said nothing about israel's economy I stated more nations , 158 to be exact out of 192 members of the UN, condemn Israel for their illegal settlements.

Why do nations change their postion , lets use mine as an example

Former foreign minister Bob Carr says 'pro-Israel lobby' influenced government policy

Updated10 Apr 2014, 8:10am

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

Former foreign minister Bob Carr has hit out at what he calls the "pro-Israel lobby in Melbourne", saying it wielded "extraordinary influence" on Australia's policy during his time in Julia Gillard's cabinet.

Speaking to ABC's 7.30 program, Mr Carr said "extreme right-wing" pro-Israel lobbyists had an "unhealthy" influence on Australia's policy towards Israel and the Occupied Territories.

Mr Carr details his time as foreign minister, and his criticism of the pro-Israel lobby, in his new book, Diary of a Foreign Minister.

"I found it very frustrating that we couldn't issue, for example, a routine expression of concern about the spread of Israeli settlements on the West Bank - great blocks of housing for Israeli citizens going up on land that everyone regards as part of the future Palestinian state if there is to be a two-state solution," he said.

"The important point about a diary of a foreign minister is you shine light on areas of government that are otherwise in darkness, and the influence of lobby groups is one of those areas.

"What I've done is to spell out how the extremely conservative instincts of the pro-Israel lobby in Melbourne was exercised through the then-prime minister's office."

http://www. abc.net.au/news/2014-04-09/bob-carr-lashes-out-at-melbourne-pro-israel-lobby/5379074

Lets take a look at Canada and see how powerful and the influence it has had on canada's foriegn policy

The Jewish Lobby has influenced foreign policy out of proportion to its representation

in the Canadian population, especially whencompared with the countrys Arab-Canadian population, then this may be an issue of concern. Moreover, using the Jewish Lobby as a model, professional lobbyists can discover best and worst lobbying practices. The theoretical implications of this study are clear, even if Canadas influence in the Middle- East process is minimal.

http://web2.concordia.ca/canadianjewishjournal/pdf/adam_cutler.pd

What BS are you going to come out with next ?

Israel wants to be left in peace. The country of Palestine would have a charter that would be lead off with "Destroy Israel"

The two will never co-exist in peace.

That was all BS Jazz , tony abbott talks more crap than than a mormon at my front door.

Shirt fronted ? this is what actually happened

No 'shirtfront': Tony Abbott talks to Vladimir Putin at APEC

Beijing: He promised to "shirtfront" Vladimir Putin, but when Prime Minister Tony Abbott met the Russian President on the sidelines of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Beijing, there was no hint of a physical confrontation.

But the meeting was not the percussive high-impact assault promised so much as a chance preliminary discussion about the MH17 atrocity ahead of a more structured discussion between the pair later on Tuesday.

The initial chat is understood to have been measured and respectful in tone and came as they and 19 other regional leaders gathered for the opening dinner of the mulitlateral talkfest, the biggest international extravaganza in the Chinese capital since the 2008 Olympic Games.

Advertisement

Sources close to Mr Abbott said the two leaders agreed to talk further on Tuesday on the sidelines of the APEC meeting known in the diplomacy business as a "pull-aside".

They flagged that this will include mention of the Australian-sponsored UN Security Council resolution 2166 which sanctioned "efforts to establish a full, thorough and independent international investigation into the incident in accordance with international civil aviation guidelines".

That unanimous resolution requires member nations - therefore including Russia - "to provide any requested assistance to civil and criminal investigations".

As awkward meetings go, the Putin/Abbott assignation may not have been the most uncomfortable at this APEC.

That honour probably goes to the 25-minute head-to-head between China's President Xi Jinping and Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. If their handshake photograph was any guide, the talks - the first such meeting in their respective roles and a surprisingly rare event in a highly problematic relationship - would have been stilted indeed.

But both sides say it is a start and hopes are high across the region that the two North Asian giants can repair a relationship that, in recent years, has threatened to break out into open conflict over territorial disputes in the South and East China seas.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/no-shirtfront-tony-abbott-talks-to-vladimir-putin-at-apec-20141111-11k6uv.html

I am so ashamed when this POS represents our community in other countries , frackin embarrasment.

Israel wants to be left in peace. The country of Palestine would have a charter that would be lead off with "Destroy Israel"

The two will never co-exist in peace.

it's not the right time to be sober

now the idiots have taken over

spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?

Mensa membership conceding

tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding

Watson, it's really elementary

the industrial revolution

has flipped the bitch on evolution

the benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer

the world keeps getting dumber

insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

darwin's rollin over in his coffin

the fittest are surviving much less often

now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening

someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool

now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception, it's the rule

and im startin to feel a lot like charlton heston

stranded on a primate planet

apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground

with generals and the armies that obeyed them

followers following fables

philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

there's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated

political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred

majority rule, don't work in mental institutions

sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

what are we left with?

a nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists

who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland

pass on traditions

how to get ahead religions

And prosperity via simpleton culture

the idiots are takin over

Mikey B

Russia has not threatened to take the rest of the world down with them the isreali's have.

I suggest you read this book.

200px-The_Samson_Option.jpg

friggin chosen ones...

photodune-466254-police-authority-xs-199

it's not the right time to be sober

now the idiots have taken over

spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?

Mensa membership conceding

tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding

Watson, it's really elementary

the industrial revolution

has flipped the bitch on evolution

the benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized, what a bummer

the world keeps getting dumber

insensitivity is standard and faith is being fancied over reason

darwin's rollin over in his coffin

the fittest are surviving much less often

now everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening

someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool

now angry mob mentality's no longer the exception, it's the rule

and im startin to feel a lot like charlton heston

stranded on a primate planet

apes and orangutans that ran it to the ground

with generals and the armies that obeyed them

followers following fables

philosophies that enable them to rule without regard

there's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated

political scientists get the same one vote as some Arkansas inbred

majority rule, don't work in mental institutions

sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

what are we left with?

a nation of god-fearing pregnant nationalists

who feel it's their duty to populate the homeland

pass on traditions

how to get ahead religions

And prosperity via simpleton culture

the idiots are takin over

Mikey B

If this is true, its time for you to revolt, no?

Can you please just give us a brief summary? ;) You know for a fact that no one is going to read it.

I will, but you won't believe me, its a book about Israel written by a guy who never went there. He trusted one or two sources for all his information. When called on why he didn't go to Israel,he said he feared being persecuted.

The premise, if you launch a nuclear attack on me, I will launch one on you and all your friends. Not really shocking.

Archived