The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netanyahu Wins Election - Likud 30 Seats - Zionist Union 24 Seats

DonLever

Netenyahus threats and comments are and were made by a xenophobic racist desperately trying to hold on to power who claimed that the Left is bussing arabs to the polls and that all true Israelis cannot stand by and let Arabs take over their country.

He stated he would never allow a two state solution

He stated he would never allow Palestine to be recognized as a country

he stated he would push forward with more settlements

He stated he would continuing the barricade across one of the last truly "open" checkpoints.

He has basically stated he would remove the arab presence from the holy land.

Remind me again how this is different from some Iranian hothead religious zealot stating Israel should not exist?

Well, his actual comments:

"Anyone who is going to establish a Palestinian state, anyone who is going to evacuate territories today, is simply giving a base for attacks to the radical Islam against Israel," he said. "This is the true reality that was created here in the last few years."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.647212

So he is specifically referencing the current climate. I don't see anywhere where he says that he would never recognize palestine or that he plans to remove an arab presence. Once again, I don't agree with his stance, but do see why he has it, and I do not believe he's motivated by the desire for genocide as you claim. The threat of ISIS must seem very real to Israelis who border Syria.

Well, his actual comments:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.647212

So he is specifically referencing the current climate. I don't see anywhere where he says that he would never recognize palestine or that he plans to remove an arab presence. Once again, I don't agree with his stance, but do see why he has it, and I do not believe he's motivated by the desire for genocide as you claim. The threat of ISIS must seem very real to Israelis who border Syria.

he said a lot of really brutal stuff leading up to the election.

So much so that even hard line republicans were questioning their ability to continue backing him after he basically verbally trod on so many party promises within his own party and promises to the U.N.

The guy is off his frigging rocker

Jazz you really need to get your facts straight mate , it was the Jewish religious leaders - pharisses- that pushed for jesus to be crucified .

The roman appointed governor Herod- tried his best to convince them not to but they insisted jesus be killed in that barbaric way.

So no the romans did not kill jesus.

Despite the fact it makes no sense that a Roman governer would listen to Jewish subjects over his own appointed rulers....

The people who supported Jesus were also Jews. He was claiming

It was the Jews who wanted jesus dead Jazz , they did /do not believe he was their promised messiah.

You are correct it was Pilate who was a Roman Citisen who tried to convince the pharisses not to have jesus killed but they pushed for his death.

No I do not want to get spiritual , he was murdered because the pharisses felt he was a threat to their power.

Jesus's followers were also Jews. So some Jews wanted him dead, some supported him, and I'm sure many were ambivalent. Just like you could say some Romans wanted him dead and some did not.

Also, it's pretty clear that the bible says Jesus was supposed to die and did so willingly.

I also don't know what this has to do with this thread....apparently bringing up Jews killing Jesus is legitimate criticism of Israel?

he said a lot of really brutal stuff leading up to the election.

So much so that even hard line republicans were questioning their ability to continue backing him after he basically verbally trod on so many party promises within his own party and promises to the U.N.

The guy is off his frigging rocker

No that was a direct quote of what he said. Please reference the quotes where he calls for Arab genocide.

The only way out of this mess is with a two-state solution. The 'Palestinians would be equal citizens' crap just doesn't fly, I mean we are talking about a nation that has a giant Star of David on its flag.

The fact is, Netanyahu doesn't mind sacrificing the lives of Palestinians in order to build his settlements. And whenever they attack Israel with their Fisher-Price rockets, he will lay waste to another hospital or building complex and claim that 'they deserve what's coming to them.'

It makes my blood boil whenever people tell me that Palestinians or Muslims in general tend to be anti-Semitic. The Palestinians ARE the actual Semitic people out of the two...they have spoken their Semitic language in the Middle East for centuries, whereas Hebrew was practically a dead language until it was 'revived' in the 19th century.

This 'new nation of Israel' is just another failed attempt at colonialism, but the Western world puts up with it because they are afraid of being painted as Jew-hating Nazis. More innocent people are going to continue to die over a dream to recreate some stupid fictional 'Promised Land' that either didn't exist at all or was grossly exaggerated in ancient times.

It makes me sick watching this crap unfold.

The only way out of this mess is with a two-state solution. The 'Palestinians would be equal citizens' crap just doesn't fly, I mean we are talking about a nation that has a giant Star of David on its flag.

The fact is, Netanyahu doesn't mind sacrificing the lives of Palestinians in order to build his settlements. And whenever they attack Israel with their Fisher-Price rockets, he will lay waste to another hospital or building complex and claim that 'they deserve what's coming to them.'

It makes my blood boil whenever people tell me that Palestinians or Muslims in general tend to be anti-Semitic. The Palestinians ARE the actual Semitic people out of the two...they have spoken their Semitic language in the Middle East for centuries, whereas Hebrew was practically a dead language until it was 'revived' in the 19th century.

This 'new nation of Israel' is just another failed attempt at colonialism, but the Western world puts up with it because they are afraid of being painted as Jew-hating Nazis. More innocent people are going to continue to die over a dream to recreate some stupid fictional 'Promised Land' that either didn't exist at all or was grossly exaggerated in ancient times.

It makes me sick watching this crap unfold.

taxi will frame you for technicality.

taxi will frame you for technicality.

Meh, let him. Israel is nothing but a bloody pipe dream, and i mean literally bloody.

There will never be peace until they either leave or at least allow the indigenous population to have autonomy in their own land.

Meh, let him. Israel is nothing but a bloody pipe dream, and i mean literally bloody.

There will never be peace until they either leave or at least allow the indigenous population to have autonomy in their own land.

They are the indigenous population. They just had a 1900-year hiatus from living in it.

Its official. With 99% of the vote counted, Netanyahu's Likud gets 30 seats while the opposition Zionist Union gets 24 seats.

Netanyahu was behind in the polls in the last few days but his fear mongering worked as voters shifted to the right.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/18/us-israel-election-idUSKBN0MC2G620150318

With no two states solution, what's next? Obama must be very unhappy.

Obama has a year left. His country is owned by China. He shouldn't worry about anything other than how to pay China off.

No that was a direct quote of what he said. Please reference the quotes where he calls for Arab genocide.

Check the last 3 days in regards to his statements against arabs, arab voters. Check on going promises of settlements in ALL parts of the holy city for further reference. Check that against his plans to continue the building and barricading of the area's currently left untouched.

It's all there man and really easy to find. If I didn't have two kids basically trying to drown each other in a bathtub right now i'd send you the links.

But he said some incredibly polarizing and contentious things over the past 4 days in regards to arabs, Israeli settlements and on going settling of Jerusalem and palestinian lands as well as starting to close of immigration and start forcing settlers INTO Israel back out again.

Again easily found if you check

Obama has a year left. His country is owned by China. He shouldn't worry about anything other than how to pay China off.

Uhh, China holds less than 10% of the US debt. Hardly "owned by China".

And he doesn't need to worry about paying it off. The debt is in US currency, with inflation it's nothing but a matter of time before the $1.2 trillion China holds is worth much less than that.

What a two faced liar Netanyahu is. One day after being elected he now says he would consider a two state solution if circumstances change. On the night before the election he said there no Palestine State will be established under his watch.

That guy will say and do anything to stay in power. Most politicians are that way but Netanyahu takes it to the extreme.

No wonder Obama does not trust him.

What a two faced liar Netanyahu is. One day after being elected he now says he would consider a two state solution if circumstances change. On the night before the election he said there no Palestine State will be established under his watch.

That guy will say and do anything to stay in power. Most politicians are that way but Netanyahu takes it to the extreme.

No wonder Obama does not trust him.

Well it was definitely a politicians answer, but the two statements are not contradictory.

He's stated that he would not allow a two state solution in his term. He then stated that things would need to drastically change, and provided circumstances that most likely won't happen within his term.

He reaffirmed that he would not give Palestinians territory as long as militant Islamic groups were running amuck, which is very very likely to be for his entire term.

Archived