The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rob Ford appointed to Hockey Hall of Fame’s board of directors

Didn't he keep toronto out of the red? Guy might like to party and I can't fault him for the "all you can eat P****" but if he does his job and keeps his private life private this time; who cares???

The whole boozing and drugs thing was entertaining, but I agree with you.

There are far worse people on Earth than Rob Ford...besides the guy is battling cancer....seems kinda of harsh to rip on someone who is fighting a disease like that.

Hes obviously qualified so whats the problem? Hes a bit of a goof. Hes got normal people problems. He doesnt lord over constituents but rather is down in the trenches mucking it up with them. Good for him. Hes a pretty caring individual and obviously wears his heart on his sleeve. Problems with guys who wear their hearts on their sleeve are they often have epic failures to go along with epic successes. Burrows my favorite player ever is one of these guys. His heart makes him great and makes him cross the line. Its price you pay. Rob Ford is great at his job but he has problems. Describes everybody I know. If hes your childrens role model you are not parenting correctly.

"Obviously qualified"? "Bit of a goof"? "He's got normal people problems"?

Don't you dare compare Rob Ford to Alex Burrows. You think, like Burrows, it was Ford's heart that made him "cross the line"? :picard:

Like Undrafted pointed out, he is not "great at his job". He's just another megalomaniac Con politician that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, that steals money from taxpayers meant for social needs and hands it to his wealthy donors and fellow millionaires with tax cuts and de-regulations. Besides its not just his experience in public office, its that he is in part representing Canada's national sport, one that is regarded as a religion in this country. Sure there will always be a minority of wingnuts that will always support him, but the HHOF is for all Canadians.

You can judge all you want. Here are a couple of facts. He still works for the Canadian Government and he's still on the HHOF. So it looks like the HHOF , Canadian Government and Toronto constituents, all disagree with you. As for myself, Im just inclined not to bother judging people.

Archived