The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buying a jersey, youth Vs womens

Stefan

Hey, buying a jersey for my girlfriend.

Wondering if anyone has got a youth instead of a women's.

Also interested in a whitecaps jersey, same deal.

Anyone get a youths instead? Is there a difference?

Depends on what your girlfriend wants. If she wants more of the proper patches and all that, you'd have to go for a Youth jersey as the Women's have cheaper/more fake patches. If she wants fit then the Women's are tailored to be less boxy compared to the Youth/Men's sizes. I guess the same goes for the Whitecaps, although not as sure if the patches are as different as they are with the Canucks ones.

My wife preferred the women's jersey, because the crest isn't a giant hard patch, so it's more flattering. But some women prefer it to be more authentic/what the players wear. you know your GF best, or at least you should, so only you can truly make this determination.

How tall is she? I'm 5' and the sleeves on the youth jerseys are around 1-2 inches too short on me. So if she's even just like 5'2 those sleeves are going to be a ridiculously weird looking length. You're probably better off with the women's.

Edit: I have a few youth Man U jerseys and there isn't that much of a difference between them and the adults. I'm guessing the Whitecaps ones should be similar.

I have both a womens and mens Canucks jersey, I don't find there is a difference in the patches..

some women's jerseys have (or had) screenprinted main logos, which were slightly smaller than the men's patch logo. not sure if it's still that way for some jerseys or not, but that's how it was when my wife got one.

I have both a womens and mens Canucks jersey, I don't find there is a difference in the patches..

Unless they've changed, or you got a different version, they women's typically have had a smaller printed on crest versus the thick, fabric/matte ones. The shoulders are also printed on like you see with the base level men/youth's jerseys.

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3872421

pSPCK1-6807416v275.jpg

My wife preferred the women's jersey, because the crest isn't a giant hard patch, so it's more flattering. But some women prefer it to be more authentic/what the players wear. you know your GF best, or at least you should, so only you can truly make this determination.

Mmhmm. The question is whether she wants to look like a woman or look like a boy. A legit question that has two simple answers.

Unless it's a surprise gift. Then the only answer becomes even simpler.

Mmhmm. The question is whether she wants to look like a woman or look like a boy. A legit question that has two simple answers.

Oh does buying a youth jersey make her look like a boy?

She's currently using an old canucks jersey I had from when I was a teenager. It's a sporting event. I think she wants what will look most legit.

And to the person who asked her height, she's 5'4".

She's currently using an old canucks jersey I had from when I was a teenager. It's a sporting event. I think she wants what will look most legit.

Well... I guess not necessarily. I was emphasizing the fact that a women's sweater is going to fit a woman's body size better. But if she's just gonna wear a hoodie or something underneath, then you should definitely get a youth. A women's jersey probably won't look good if she's wearing too many layers. Has she tried them on?

Unless she has really short arms or the sleeves have gotten longer in the last 2 years, the sleeves on a youth jersey are going to be way too short for her then.

Well... I guess not necessarily. I was emphasizing the fact that a women's sweater is going to fit a woman's body size better. But if she's just gonna wear a hoodie or something underneath, then you should definitely get a youth. A women's jersey probably won't look good if she's wearing too many layers. Has she tried them on?

I have used a hoddie under my jersey, womens, as long as it not a big thick hoddie, it shouldn't be a problem

lol.. are you saying if a women wore a mens jersey, she would no longer look like a female?

I think women look great in jerseys.. even if they are a jersey made for a man. I don't think they make them look masculine.

Archived