The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would any of these trades get us our #1 center or defenseman (Discussion)

Would any of these be good enough?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going off the idea that Mcdavid, Eichel and Hanifn will be the top 3 picks theres no point attempting to pay the price to move into the top 3 picks

The next 4 Centers to go after that could be potential #1 centers IMO would be Strome, Marner, Barzal or Zacha....That being said i would be waiting pick by pick and see which one would drop that I could get for the Cheapest......Somewhere between pick 5 and 10 i think is where we could land one, the closer to 10 obviously the cheaper we pay

This happens at every trade deadline, draft day and UFA day. No need to overpay. If there is a deal that makes us better I'm sure we will do it. Otherwise just be patient and wait for the right move to come along.

You trade intelligently. Not because you want to make a big splash. Your obsession over getting a centre makes no sense either if you look at our hockey club and our roster and prospects. If anything we need a Norris calibre D-man to be added. Shea Weber was drafted in the second round. You can find these guys if you do your homework.

Agreed entirely about not overpaying. If your Econ 101 has taught you anything, demand drives the price way up, and in this case we'd be ripping holes in the roster only to get a potential star player. What's worse is that year after year, players are touted as "the next so-and-so NHL player" or "#1 center/ defenseman/ scoring winger" when after a couple seasons those same "studs" might show that they're actually duds. Buying smart pieces for low prices is much better for the long-term health of the team than going all-in for prospects.

Archived