The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flyers fire Berube

It'll be interesting to see where he goes..I'd say CBJ deserves him the most, with how they finished. After that, I'd prefer TO or Edm(unbelievably) before some other US franchise.

With the dollars we shell out, Cdn fans should get first dibs.

^^^ Anybody, ANYBODY, besides Toronto.

Surprised flyers fired him. But not making the playoffs with 2 of the top scorers in the league is certainly a shocker. I love Voracek! Had him in my fantasy team after trading away sadd and okposo. Feels like I'm a winner after making that trade. Hope they hire McClellan or bylsma or someone that can guide this team to stardom cause this teams got a lot of potential to go a long way next year. Not to even mention Voracek. He's a rising star

Everyone but Vincent Lecavalier.

Take it for what its worth but before the Canucks fated Torts season, I heard directly from Torts that Vinny was the least coachable guy he ever had play for him. His theory is that Vinny's entourage of friends are all yes men telling him how sparkling and good he is.

Take it for what its worth but before the Canucks fated Torts season, I heard directly from Torts that Vinny was the least coachable guy he ever had play for him. His theory is that Vinny's entourage of friends are all yes men telling him how sparkling and good he is.

Directly from Torts you say?

But still from a Flyers fan Berube coached like he was drunk and thought Vinny's prime is long gone I felt like he set back much of the value he could have gotten out of him. The Flyers were really embarrassing in general. maybe everyone was overrated. Maybe the system was bad.

Well that was a short stint. Things have really gone south since the days of Laviolette...I suspect Snider meddles a lot in the day to day runnings of the team and makes it difficult for everyone in management.

Either way, it seems like this club needs a by the numbers, defense orientated coach that can make some of the younger players buckle down and play a system.

Well that was a short stint. Things have really gone south since the days of Laviolette...I suspect Snider meddles a lot in the day to day runnings of the team and makes it difficult for everyone in management.

Either way, it seems like this club needs a by the numbers, defense orientated coach that can make some of the younger players buckle down and play a system.

How about Dallas Eakins!? :bigblush: In all seriousness it will be interesting to see who all gets hired with the multiple open spots this summer

I suspect Snider meddles a lot in the day to day runnings of the team and makes it difficult for everyone in management.

I don't think so. He's 80 years old and just got remarried recently. I think he just supports whoever is the GM at the time but just speaks up when someone insults the way the Flyers do thing. Like hiring a former Flyer as a coach or whatever. He just wants the team to be competitive and doesn't like when someone says different.

Archived