The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E3 2015

avelanch

All we can do is hope that it doesn't shatter into a million pieces.

On a sidenote, I'm starting to look at this as one of the best E3s in previous years.

- Dishonored 2

- Fallout 4

- Doom

- Star Wars Battlefront 3

- For Honor

- The Division (Albeit, revealed last year)

- Fallout 4 again

All of those games are ones I would pay full price (The '60$' full price, not the stupid 80$ full price). They all look fantastic, and are all just so... great

Indeed, it was a solid E3. I think PS4 and XBONE owners leave happy. Bethesda made me happy enough that nothing could ruin the event as a whole. Dishonored 2, and Fallout 4 both pre-ordered. Doom probably will be soon as well before the E3 Promo runs out. Ghost Recon and The Division from Ubisoft have me sold, but I won't be getting anything from EA, because they're EA. A lot of other games to chew on. As said earlier, Nintendo did nothing for me though.

Indeed, it was a solid E3. I think PS4 and XBONE owners leave happy. Bethesda made me happy enough that nothing could ruin the event as a whole. Dishonored 2, and Fallout 4 both pre-ordered. Doom probably will be soon as well before the E3 Promo runs out. Ghost Recon and The Division from Ubisoft have me sold, but I won't be getting anything from EA, because they're EA. A lot of other games to chew on. As said earlier, Nintendo did nothing for me though.

Yea, EA hasnt really had a good track record as of late. Really hoping they wont screw up Battlefront 3.

Bethesda has also made it so that I buy a windows laptop instead of a Macbook for university... Gotta get that Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 in.

Amazon does have the exact same offer. 20% for 2 pre-orders. 30% for 3. So much money will be saved here.

RIP Best Buy.

Going to pre-order XCOM 2, Fallout 4, Fire Emblem IF, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles X all right off the bat. These were all already day 1 purchases, so it's a lot of money being saved.

Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide, Mighty No. 9, and Yoshi's Wolly World are all tentative.

I dont see that offer on Amazon. Is there anything special you have to do to get that deal?

Yea, EA hasnt really had a good track record as of late. Really hoping they wont screw up Battlefront 3.

Bethesda has also made it so that I buy a windows laptop instead of a Macbook for university... Gotta get that Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 in.

Yeah. I'm extremely tentative with the new Mirror's Edge, as it's the sequel to a game I loved, but they'd have to really prove it's worthwhile before I do so.

And a good decision on laptop that can game.

I dont see that offer on Amazon. Is there anything special you have to do to get that deal?

No, you just take any 3 games that have the e3 qualification like:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00YSWI9YK/

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00YHZEILQ/

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LCHZOO2/

and then you add the "E3SAVE30" when checking out and it should give you 30% off all 3 games.

No, you just take any 3 games that have the e3 qualification like:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00YSWI9YK/

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00YHZEILQ/

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LCHZOO2/

and then you add the "E3SAVE30" when checking out and it should give you 30% off all 3 games.

Ahhh alright, I didnt see that. Thanks for showing me thats going to save me a bundle.

The Amazon deal is great. I saved $67 on NHL 16, Metal Gear V and Rainbow 6

I did MGSV, Fallout 4, and Batman. Batman comes out next week so I'm glad I got that cheaper. :P

How come when I go to My Orders, it currently says for MGS4 that the estimated delivery date is September 9th-11th, when it releases on the 1st? Is it just saying that but they ship it to arrive by release?

How come when I go to My Orders, it currently says for MGS4 that the estimated delivery date is September 9th-11th, when it releases on the 1st? Is it just saying that but they ship it to arrive by release?

If you don't use two-day shipping it isn't guaranteed to arrive on release day. If you use the free standard shipping, I think it's shipped OUT on release day. I could be wrong though.

I have Amazon Prime, and this is what I get

Your guaranteed delivery date is:

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's not guaranteed, but the usual ships near the release date accurately enough that it makes all shipping options but the free one redundant, especially if you live in a city like Vancouver.

If it does say the 9th, you might not actually get it until then. But you probably will get it before.

It's not guaranteed, but the usual ships near the release date accurately enough that it makes all shipping options but the free one redundant, especially if you live in a city like Vancouver.

If it does say the 9th, you might not actually get it until then. But you probably will get it before.

Yeah, I just found it odd that for MGS5, a game that isn't out until September, it already has it listed to be coming 8 days after it comes out.

I probably wouldn't mind too much anyways with the $20 off, but I was just curious.

Alright, so I want to preorder some games from E3, but I dont know the address of the place Im staying at later. Anyone know if it's possible to change shipping destinations on Amazon?

Yeah. You just change it later, whenever you want after ordering.

I was going to order off of Amazon, but they have random restrictions. Best Buy is the way to go now, going to rack up the reward zone points.

I'm going to stop acting like a customer service rep and marketing tool for them after this post, but their 30% off is better than Best Buys 20%, especially since Best Buy's only works if you also sign up for their membership rewards program.

The only real restriction I can think of is that you can only use the promo code once. However you can just speak to a rep and just ask them to add any game to the order you already made for the same discount, at least until the time that the promo expires. For example, my first order was only 3, but it has been edited to being 12 games long (it's not as crazy as it sounds, only 5 or 6 of them are coming out this year). Also you're free to cancel any individual item at any point before it releases (I think as long as the total remains above 3 games remaining). Like if I decide that either the new Ghost Recon or Doom are complete balls from pre-release information, it would be like I never ordered them in the first place.

Combined with the pre-order guarantee, with which an average of around an extra $5-10 will be saved for most every game, it's a lot of money remaining in my pocket, for the games I decide are worth my buying within the group.

It's funny, because I don't like pre-ordering in the first place, as a game should stand on its merits after people have been given the chance to get a feel for it, and not with the hype it generates beforehand. But if it's for large discounts to things like Fallout 4, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Zelda. Fire Emblem, or XCOM 2, and other games that I've been waiting forever for, and would buy for full price at release, it's hard to fault this offer. Especially with all the stupid $80 games out there now.

It's kind of amusing just how much hate this Metroid Prime 3DS game is getting. I think it looks awful as well, but there are 10X as many dislikes to the trailer on Nintendo's Youtube channel. There's also a large petition out there to try and make sure this game never gets released, which has almost reached it's 15.000 signing benchmark.

Aside from this game appearing stupid, and a real Metroid Prime not being on the table, what also disappoints me is that Retro Studios were not working on something else in that mean time. If they have a massive game in the works, just when is it going to be announced and showcased?

Yeah, I'm not sure what these restrictions are that he speaks of, but I don't think any of them apply to me. I'm getting 3 games at $60 instead of $80 so that's completely fine with me. I'm not always one to pre-order either, but if it's for games I know for a fact I'll be buying on release day anyways, then why not get the discount?

Batman I know I'm getting on Tuesday, so it's nice to instead be able to get some money off on that.

Archived