The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E3 2015

avelanch

Just one more thing to complain about with the Nintendo here, only because I missed this thing's existence. The E3 trailer for the localization of the newest Fatal Frame.

Now that looks solidly creepy, and would have been a solid companion piece beside the American Xenoblade Chronicles trailer. Both of trailers easier to get on board with than their Japanese counterparts in media.

Apparently it's coming out in fall, which is soon, and gives my Wii U something to do, if I buy it. (It hasn't shown up in stores yet)

The thing I couldn't figure out was where I missed it in Nintendo's presentation... Only I learned that it wasn't even in there in the first place. A solid looking Wii U exclusive in an already barren library that seemed to be getting drier after Monday? Nope, not good enough for even a minute of screen time.... Maybe they genuinely felt like their conference was already full of gold that they couldn't slot a second out? I dunno, it's a mess.

It's kind of amusing just how much hate this Metroid Prime 3DS game is getting. I think it looks awful as well, but there are 10X as many dislikes to the trailer on Nintendo's Youtube channel. There's also a large petition out there to try and make sure this game never gets released, which has almost reached it's 15.000 signing benchmark.

Aside from this game appearing stupid, and a real Metroid Prime not being on the table, what also disappoints me is that Retro Studios were not working on something else in that mean time. If they have a massive game in the works, just when is it going to be announced and showcased?

rumor is Metroid won't be out til the NX i am Zelda doesn't get the same treatment

It's kind of amusing just how much hate this Metroid Prime 3DS game is getting. I think it looks awful as well, but there are 10X as many dislikes to the trailer on Nintendo's Youtube channel. There's also a large petition out there to try and make sure this game never gets released, which has almost reached it's 15.000 signing benchmark.

Aside from this game appearing stupid, and a real Metroid Prime not being on the table, what also disappoints me is that Retro Studios were not working on something else in that mean time. If they have a massive game in the works, just when is it going to be announced and showcased?

The new Metroid isnt... Metroid. Although I'm no fan, the hate it seems to be getting is a bit ridiculous.

Anyhow, anyone see MGS 5? Looks freaking awesome.

The new Metroid isnt... Metroid. Although I'm no fan, the hate it seems to be getting is a bit ridiculous.

Anyhow, anyone see MGS 5? Looks freaking awesome.

Well it is Metroid and it isn't. That's the problem. If it was just a game under any other name it would have been ignored, and simply undersold. The name was put on to sell the product, so in turn they invited themselves to the ire of it.

Combined with fans being not only expecting, but being desperate for an actual Metroid title, I'd call it an obvious miscalculation to try this. Also further combined with the conference being stuffed with announcements of kiddish and shallow,and devoid of any new mature or full fledged material of any kind, it seems symptomatic of a larger issue with Nintendo and their immediate future. People were not happy with them on Monday.

Yeah, I'm not sure what these restrictions are that he speaks of, but I don't think any of them apply to me. I'm getting 3 games at $60 instead of $80 so that's completely fine with me. I'm not always one to pre-order either, but if it's for games I know for a fact I'll be buying on release day anyways, then why not get the discount?

Batman I know I'm getting on Tuesday, so it's nice to instead be able to get some money off on that.

One of the restrictions was that I couldn't get a Deluxe Edition or Limited Edition at 30% off and would have to pay full price on Amazon and plus I already am a Reward Zone member at Best Buy, so I just went with BB.

Also find it easier to go to the store and return the item rather than shipping it back.

Only games i seem to want are EA related, Yes i dislike EA but Dragon Age Inquistion was amazing so i may be starting to believe they've turned themselves around. lol

I pre-ordered Battlefront and cant wait for Mass Effect, even though i hate the ending of 3 with a passion, i just love that universe too much.

Never got into the Fallout games or Bethesda games for that matter, just oblivion. Really liked the backwards compatibility of the xbone.

VR looks awesome and so does AR!

They gave me a beta key for The Division today. Wasn't even aware the game was ready to have one.

I got a beta key for Rainbow Six a while ago for my order from last year, but I haven't bothered to redeem it as I don't see to much a point in playing a game like that before it's ready. A Ubisoft game is already going to be released with a lack of polish as is, and I don't want to see just how much worse it can get.

The Division on the other hand seems like a cool game to at least Beta test. Something about it. Maybe I want to see if it's anywhere near as epic as advertised.

My copy of Batman says Friday for delivery. Kind of blows, but I can't really complain. Still lots of Witcher I can play.

Likewise, as it's shipping from from Ontario rather than Vancouver for some reason. Really looking forward to it.

They gave me a beta key for The Division today. Wasn't even aware the game was ready to have one.

I got a beta key for Rainbow Six a while ago for my order from last year, but I haven't bothered to redeem it as I don't see to much a point in playing a game like that before it's ready. A Ubisoft game is already going to be released with a lack of polish as is, and I don't want to see just how much worse it can get.

The Division on the other hand seems like a cool game to at least Beta test. Something about it. Maybe I want to see if it's anywhere near as epic as advertised.

For PC? I thought non-Xbox Betas wouldn't be up till next year. Now I'm jelly.

Actually, scratch what I said about not being excited for Arkham Knight. Apparently the game is absolutely broken for PC at launch. So it's not even relevant that I won't be getting it until Friday, as I won't be able to even play the damn thing. Good work Warner Bros. Good Work.

Archived