The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

5 hours ago, BaerToBo said:

I started playing fallout 3 again and wow is it a good game. Everyone i talk to has something for me to do its great. Honestly i recommend if youre bored with fallout 4 go play fallout 3 while you wait for far harbor and console mods

I dunno about how I'd feel personally. There's some things I miss from Fallout 3, but there's a lot of elements I'd miss from fallout 4. Some adventures, like helping Bigtown, poking around the Slave Camp, finding Harold again, etc. are things I remember pretty fondly (if that's the right word), as was the entirety of that vault 101 introduction (very well done).

But comparatively, I can't remember to many individual miniquests and storylines from Fallout 4. It had some far more memorable characters, but I can't remember too many of the actions I took, which is a bad sign. The main quest sure. Some of the faction quests, perhaps. But what outside of memories of Diamond City, a lot of things are vague at best outside of those.

I think both maps are a bit too congested, but while the navigation is far less linear in Fallout 4 than in 3, its predecessor did a better job in keeping locations memorable. A lot of places in this one without real personality. I struggle to remember where there were even human survivors, outside of a few major locations, and player settlements you can put them in.

But I think a lot of the extra mechanics, the customization, the superior combat, and a player character who feels like an actual human interacting with the world beat out a lot of things from the previous games.

If I were to pick one to play from start again, I'd probably choose Fallout 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But Fallout New Vegas is a different story. I might choose that one over Fallout 4. Incorporates some of the better things of Fallout 3 and 2, and creates a superior experience from them (for me at least.)

The map/exploration, the locations, the characters, the story, the sidequests. The storytelling and world building just feel superior. I can remember most everything about the game, and remember it very fondly. It's entirely just how I'm feeling today, but while typing this out I'm kind of reminiscing about it more positively than I could conjure up thoughts of even non-Fallout games that I would call my favourites of all time. It was marred by bugs, but I feel it will always be very underrated. 

6 hours ago, Violator said:

Still think point lookout was the best dlc.

I like Dead Money more than any of the others from both games. Because I'm weird.

But Point Lookout might have been the best/most consistent one for Fallout 3, so I agree. Broken Steel might have been the most important for fixing the game's God awful ending and adding a post-game to it all, but the actual content wasn't as strong (partially because I don't care about this game's Brotherhood of Steel too much). The Pitt was just very up and down (the ups were probably the best ups of any of these).

6 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I dunno about how I'd feel personally. There's some things I miss from Fallout 3, but there's a lot of elements I'd miss from fallout 4. Some adventures, like helping Bigtown, poking around the Slave Camp, finding Harold again, etc. are things I remember pretty fondly (if that's the right word), as was the entirety of that vault 101 introduction (very well done).

But comparatively, I can't remember to many individual miniquests and storylines from Fallout 4. It had some far more memorable characters, but I can't remember too many of the actions I took, which is a bad sign. The main quest sure. Some of the faction quests, perhaps. But what outside of memories of Diamond City, a lot of things are vague at best outside of those.

I think both maps are a bit too congested, but while the navigation is far less linear in Fallout 4 than in 3, its predecessor did a better job in keeping locations memorable. A lot of places in this one without real personality. I struggle to remember where there were even human survivors, outside of a few major locations, and player settlements you can put them in.

But I think a lot of the extra mechanics, the customization, the superior combat, and a player character who feels like an actual human interacting with the world beat out a lot of things from the previous games.

If I were to pick one to play from start again, I'd probably choose Fallout 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But Fallout New Vegas is a different story. I might choose that one over Fallout 4. Incorporates some of the better things of Fallout 3 and 2, and creates a superior experience from them (for me at least.)

The map/exploration, the locations, the characters, the story, the sidequests. The storytelling and world building just feel superior. I can remember most everything about the game, and remember it very fondly. It's entirely just how I'm feeling today, but while typing this out I'm kind of reminiscing about it more positively than I could conjure up thoughts of even non-Fallout games that I would call my favourites of all time. It was marred by bugs, but I feel it will always be very underrated. 

I started playing fallout 3 again because ive done everything in fallout 4. I prefer fallout 4 but with 7d on the game at tgis point its just settlements for me. 3 playthroughs of fallout 4 so im just finding something to do. And i got fallout 3 for free and ive never played it

40 minutes ago, BaerToBo said:

I started playing fallout 3 again because ive done everything in fallout 4. I prefer fallout 4 but with 7d on the game at tgis point its just settlements for me. 3 playthroughs of fallout 4 so im just finding something to do. And i got fallout 3 for free and ive never played it

Oh yeah, I can see why you're enjoying it so much then. For anyone that's never played it before, definitely do try it out. Same with New Vegas, if you have the time afterwards. Great experiences.

38 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Oh yeah, I can see why you're enjoying it so much then. For anyone that's never played it before, definitely do try it out. Same with New Vegas, if you have the time afterwards. Great experiences.

I played new vegas like 4 times already lol

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Fallout 3. Definitely liked New Vegas a lot more.

I'm really liking 4. I've gotten some op legendaries. (Wounding shotgun, Two Shot Gauss)

Get the overseers guardian its prob the best gun in the game

Fallout NV is definitely the strongest of the bunch.  I played through that game 3 or 4 times, mainly because each play through could go so differently.  That is one element that was lacking from Fallout 4, it really didn't seem like most of your decisions had any real consequences.

For me, Skyrim still holds the bar for open world RPG games.  I miss that game so much :(

On April 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM, BaerToBo said:

Get the overseers guardian its prob the best gun in the game

It's good but its nowhere near the best. Look at the giant Fallout subreddit and they detail the best guns. The two I listed are top tier, it's why I farmed for them lol. 

The wounding perk applies to each shotgun pellet, so it can literally drain any enemy instantly. It stacks like crazy.

Some other top tier weapons would be the Missle Launcher with Instigating, Fat Man with Penetrating, Minigun, Assault Rifle and Gatling Laser with Wounding, Silenced .50cal sniper rifle with Instigating and the stealth damage buff perks.

Gotta get yourself a two shot gauss. SO OP!

57 minutes ago, Violator said:

Finally wanna get back into this game again still havent beaten it yet

Im stuck on one part of a quest

Human error is the quest and i still cant find the compound.

Any help would be appreciated

It's located in some massive sewage pipes directly across the lake from Convenant. IIRC.

31 minutes ago, Violator said:

Figured it out after I posted had to hack the terminal in covenant to find the location then went into the compound and slaughtered everything that was moving

Dealing with the Compound was one thing, but going back to Covenant and having do deal with the circumstance of your actions was miserable. The game needed more hard hitting stuff like that, or at least the expansions should contain them.

10 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Dealing with the Compound was one thing, but going back to Covenant and having do deal with the circumstance of your actions was miserable. The game needed more hard hitting stuff like that, or at least the expansions should contain them.

went back and had someone waiting for me killed him and left.....To bad for me nick decided to open a big can of worms the rest of them folowed me down the road had to take the rest of them out with my trusty 308 combat rifle.

30 minutes ago, Violator said:

went back and had someone waiting for me killed him and left.....To bad for me nick decided to open a big can of worms the rest of them folowed me down the road had to take the rest of them out with my trusty 308 combat rifle.

What route did you choose?

Same. Couldn't let the girl rot in there. Didn't feel right.

17 hours ago, Violator said:

Yeah, they all become hostile if you destroy the Compound. Which is the part that made it hard for me. I don't think they were bad people per se. Having to murder them all to stop them from attacking me for foiling their plan felt awful.

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

Same. Couldn't let the girl rot in there. Didn't feel right.

Yeah, they all become hostile if you destroy the Compound. Which is the part that made it hard for me. I don't think they were bad people per se. Having to murder them all to stop them from attacking me for foiling their plan felt awful.

That's why it didn't bother me it was like the slavers in fallout 3 that were taking kids from little town.my biggest complaint was that robot that offers you lemonade I was expecting to drink it and lose concisenes.didnt happen was kind of a bummer.

22 minutes ago, Violator said:

That's why it didn't bother me it was like the slavers in fallout 3 that were taking kids from little town.my biggest complaint was that robot that offers you lemonade I was expecting to drink it and lose concisenes.didnt happen was kind of a bummer.

I don't know that it was like the slavers, for me. It was a group of people acting in fear; A fear that wasn't completely unjustified, or at least illogical given what they knew. And they were actually nice people, unlike slavers who are literally out for themselves. They're trying to help people in a way that they think is positive.

I think all they introduced in the game that made the whole "Synths as a threat" a thing, is what raises it. The game really centres around Synths and their existence, so I'm happy they didn't just make it a basic racism/slavery allegory like they could have (Bethesda tends to slouch into lazy allegories.) After playing most of the game they convinced me it was a worthwhile thing for them to have pursued, and I was incredibly sceptical about it going in.

Archived