The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't know that it was like the slavers, for me. It was a group of people acting in fear; A fear that wasn't completely unjustified, or at least illogical given what they knew. And they were actually nice people, unlike slavers who are literally out for themselves. They're trying to help people in a way that they think is positive.

I think all they introduced in the game that made the whole "Synths as a threat" a thing, is what raises it. The game really centres around Synths and their existence, so I'm happy they didn't just make it a basic racism/slavery allegory like they could have (Bethesda tends to slouch into lazy allegories.) After playing most of the game they convinced me it was a worthwhile thing for them to have pursued, and I was incredibly sceptical about it going in.

don't know for me the institute synth idea feels like a big let down this is

Spoiler

my feeling having just got into the institute the opening was intense and finding out kelloggs story makes me sad i had to kill him.

1 hour ago, Violator said:

Saw that earlier, watched the last bit; it was pretty cool to see; although not THAT hard if you do it right. Stealth was always OP. lol.

on another note.

Wasteland Workshop is a F***ing joke of a dlc.

I haven't even looked at my Fallout since WW came out. I'm completely uninterested in anything to do with settlements and the fact they are pushing them hard like they are integral to the game shows me they are running out of ideas.

I was hoping there would be betting or something for wasteland workshop. It took me an hour to set up a match and it was boring. Mirelurk vs gunner. One of the only cool parts about it is you can domesticate animals creatures and the produce defence. For example i let a mirelurk roam my settlement and he gave me 8 defence

I haven't bought WW yet (I know I will eventually) because I'm worried about how much time I'm going to put in to it.

I've had 2 files in the game, my first file I spent like literally days building all my settlements and making them look good.  My 2nd file I've only done that with Sanctuary.  I'm worried now that with WW I'll go back and end up spending a grotesque amount of time building settlements again...

On April 16, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Jägermeister said:

I haven't bought WW yet (I know I will eventually) because I'm worried about how much time I'm going to put in to it.

I've had 2 files in the game, my first file I spent like literally days building all my settlements and making them look good.  My 2nd file I've only done that with Sanctuary.  I'm worried now that with WW I'll go back and end up spending a grotesque amount of time building settlements again...

WW honestly doesnt add much to the game. Just cages and new walls pretty much

On 14/04/2016 at 6:14 PM, Violator said:

don't know for me the institute synth idea feels like a big let down this is

Hide contents

my feeling having just got into the institute the opening was intense and finding out kelloggs story makes me sad i had to kill him.

I didn't feel bad about it before or after the fact, lol. He seemed like an awful person, regardless of what happened to him.

But I don't think the institute synth story was a failure. It didn't hit all the marks, but like I said it was probably based on expectation. It had far more nuance than I expected it to have. They were more than just boogeymen, even if they were in the wrong.

17 hours ago, peaches5 said:

This game is awful. LIterally every 15 mins I discover a new glitch (lv 25). Most of them are pretty major glitches too. and the dialogue is brutal. It's a huge step backwards. Glad I didn't pay for this garbage.

So you pirate games? Dont think any game dev would ever care what your demographic thinks tbh. People like you are the reason why theres so many crappy PC ports out there. Why waste money optimizing it if people will just steal it?

You're playing some half assed cracked version of the game since none of the other (PC) players here have commented on that. Im level 75 on PS4 and theres hardly any issues whatsoever and it's a fantastic game. I also have a legit copy of the game that gets proper updates.

You're not playing the same game as the rest of us. You get what you pay for. 

16 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I didn't feel bad about it before or after the fact, lol. He seemed like an awful person, regardless of what happened to him.

But I don't think the institute synth story was a failure. It didn't hit all the marks, but like I said it was probably based on expectation. It had far more nuance than I expected it to have. They were more than just boogeymen, even if they were in the wrong.

I would of been happier if thats what they focused on more instead of different stuff

On 4/18/2016 at 9:21 AM, Xbox said:

So you pirate games? Dont think any game dev would ever care what your demographic thinks tbh. People like you are the reason why theres so many crappy PC ports out there. Why waste money optimizing it if people will just steal it?

You're playing some half assed cracked version of the game since none of the other (PC) players here have commented on that. Im level 75 on PS4 and theres hardly any issues whatsoever and it's a fantastic game. I also have a legit copy of the game that gets proper updates.

You're not playing the same game as the rest of us. You get what you pay for. 

Actually my sister gave me the game for Xbox; nice story though. And all you have to do is go to the metacritic ratings and you can see that you are just a huge Fallout fanboy. Everyone has these issues.

The game is non stop glitches. You are beyond delusional if you don't think this game is full of glitches. 

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Actually my sister gave me the game for Xbox; nice story though. And all you have to do is go to the metacritic ratings and you can see that you are just a huge Fallout fanboy. Everyone has these issues.

The game is non stop glitches. You are beyond delusional if you don't think this game is full of glitches. 

I guess im delusional because i see no problems in the game. Only bad thing about the game is lack of content compared to other Bethesda games. Honestly just download the updates and it runs fine

7 minutes ago, BaerToBo said:

I guess im delusional because i see no problems in the game. Only bad thing about the game is lack of content compared to other Bethesda games. Honestly just download the updates and it runs fine

Only bad thing? lmao. The guy is terrible. It is basically fallout 3 from last gen except they screwed over what was good in that game and added way more glitches. You don't get a 5.4 on metacritic from 7000 reviewers with no problems to the game except lack of content.

43 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Only bad thing? lmao. The guy is terrible. It is basically fallout 3 from last gen except they screwed over what was good in that game and added way more glitches. You don't get a 5.4 on metacritic from 7000 reviewers with no problems to the game except lack of content.

Ive got like 8.5 days played on the game explored pretty much everything it has to offer. Its a great game but again the only problem(lack of content) will be fixed when the creation kit comes out. There will be limitless stuff to do. Also one other problem the companion AI is messed. But i would rate the game 9/10 deff worth the 70$

48 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

lol, i don't really care about this game but I think you're putting WAY too much stock in metacritic scores here.

While these dudes may be Fallout fanboys, isn't this stuff always herd mentality-driven? Look at Diablo 3's low-ass ranking because a bunch of people who played the original Diablo 20 years ago were upset over how the loot system was different at launch, lmao. Look at the current reception DOOM is getting. Same thing. Nostalgia nerds getting bent out of shape.

Dota 2's metacritic rating fell dramatically after Valve didn't release a Halloween update one year. Fans of the game were spamming all over reddit to lower the game's rating to show Valve who's boss, or something.

League of Legends, despite being (probably) the most-played game on the planet has a 5.5 rating.

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

lol, i don't really care about this game but I think you're putting WAY too much stock in metacritic scores here.

While these dudes may be Fallout fanboys, isn't this stuff always herd mentality-driven? Look at Diablo 3's low-ass ranking because a bunch of people who played the original Diablo 20 years ago were upset over how the loot system was different at launch, lmao. Look at the current reception DOOM is getting. Same thing. Nostalgia nerds getting bent out of shape.

Dota 2's metacritic rating fell dramatically after Valve didn't release a Halloween update one year. Fans of the game were spamming all over reddit to lower the game's rating to show Valve who's boss, or something.

League of Legends, despite being (probably) the most-played game on the planet has a 5.5 rating.

I've seen a lot of stuff get needlessly trashed on Metacritic, or any fan aggregated rating system, when at the same time I've seen a lot of not so good things get undeservedly propped up by it. While there's something to be gained from such an observation, it's hardly a definitive rating in any sense of the word.

If anything those responses are largely contrarian, with a more vocal and upset group of people using it to make a statement either against the mainstream, or to make some other point (often regarding poor ports/updates/glitches and such). With metacritic this is more true when the mainstream consensus is already listed right there beside you, to show the degree to which you need to gauge your outrage. Sometimes it's really misplaced and unjustified, and sometimes &^@# Mass Effect 3.

All that said I don't think angry gamers should be quiet though. As a medium their platform is the most abused by those producing and trying to shill games. I probably get more pissed when a company gets away by being anti-consumer, than when one that isn't necessarily so gets some low metacritic scores or the such. That's the context in which I don't see any issue in people complaining about Fallout 4. But it's far, far from a terrible game. Or even really a glitch/broken one.

Archived