The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) 7th and 10th overall picks

I was just thinking what those two picks are worth. If we had them, I think that it'll be best to draft Provorov and Barzal since it solves our #1 defensemen and #1 center problem.

Trade 1:

To Philly: 23rd overall, Lack, and Bieksa

To Van: 7th overall pick

Trade 2:

To any team he waives to: Higgins

To Van: 2nd round pick

Trade 3:

To Colorado: Mccann, 2nd round pick, Stanton, and Weber

To Van: 10th overall pick

IMPORTANT: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I HAVE NOT TAKEN PLAYERS' SALARIES AND NTC INTO CONSIDERATION, IM JUST TRYING TO GET THE RIGHT VALUE FOR THE PICKS.

I'm not very good with proposals so please tell me who I need to add or subtract in order to make these deals fair.

We will never get Philly's pick unless we trade Horvat or Virtanen and take back MacDonald's or Lecavalier's salary back. It just doesn't work out. Now, CBJ is another story...

I feel like we could get our 2nd back from CGY with Higgins. He's played there before and it's still far enough away from the Metropolitan area.

We shorthand COL so hard in that last one...

I was just thinking what those two picks are worth. If we had them, I think that it'll be best to draft Provorov and Barzal since it solves our #1 defensemen and #1 center problem.

Trade 1:

To Philly: 23rd overall, Lack, and Bieksa

To Van: 7th overall pick

Yes this si possible, but we NEED to take back McDonald off their blue line for it to happen. People seem to fail to understand Philli uses cap space as a valuable trade tool and anyone who will take Lecavelier or McDonald's contracts back in return will entice them to possibly move that pick. But brush up on what those 2 contracts are worth before you jump on that. Also, they will need a forward prospect

Trade 2:

To any team he waives to: Higgins

To Van: 2nd round pick

That is an incredibly generic trade. Higgins has family in eastern New York State. Buffalo, Islanders, Rangers possibly Bruins and Pitts/Philli are his best trade options. Reason being is he's a disabled sibling he immediately flies home to see after every single season. It's always his first move after the season ends, always has been. It's also the only place I'd send him as he deserves at least that. But really, does Buffalo, NYR or NYI even really need him?

Trade 3:

To Colorado: Mccann, 2nd round pick, Stanton, and Weber

To Van: 10th overall pick

No chance. You want THAT pick? It starts with Edler. As a 1-1 that is an even trade and maybe even able to squeeze a 2nd or 3rd as well out of them. Also we don't have a 2nd round pick this year so it would be from the Higgins trade I am assuming which is counter productive as we'd need that pick to recoup all of the prospects we just gave away

IMPORTANT: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I HAVE NOT TAKEN PLAYERS' SALARIES AND NTC INTO CONSIDERATION, IM JUST TRYING TO GET THE RIGHT VALUE FOR THE PICKS.

I'm not very good with proposals so please tell me who I need to add or subtract in order to make these deals fair.

Value isn't bad really, but you need to understand it is more than just numbers. There ARE numbers that need to be worked out as well as the NTC issues plus team needs. Throwing a bunch of random players from a bunch of random positions won't work out.

Value isn't bad really, but you need to understand it is more than just numbers. There ARE numbers that need to be worked out as well as the NTC issues plus team needs. Throwing a bunch of random players from a bunch of random positions won't work out.

when you are taking on Lecavalier for the 7th, you are basically buying the pick. Would actually rather have Vinny contract over McDonald's. Not to sound like a Vinny supporter but he DID bag 20 the year before under a different coaching system

Archived