The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBJ draft video shows Leafs offered 4th for 8th and three seconds

elvis15

Without Toronto and their legions of fans, the NHL's off-season would be fairly unentertaining, and there would be not much of a reason to entertain NHL hockey fans in general during the off-season. This can be said about hockey fans in Canada in general. Canadian hockey fans are the best hockey fans. The fact that this video exists is a testament to that.

The NHL will continue providing direct access such as this in order to entertain it's fans to the best of their ability, as part of the sports entertainment package they are paying for every season. With technological advances in social media, and the growing desire for people to know everything, there will only be improvements in this regard. It's a really exciting time for Canadian hockey fans.

hahahaha 10/10 epic

The Leafs shot themselves in the foot imo. They aimed far too high - asking for 3 x 2nds in this draft to move up those 4 spots. Two of those very high 2nds. Too much koolaid.

I personally consider Werenski in the same class as the assets ahead of him in this draft - no surprise that Columbus shot that down - particularly when they can use the secondary assets in their prospect pool themselves. They just lost arguably their best prospect to the dubious college free agent loophole.

If the Leafs had asked a more reasonable price, they could have landed something they need more than another mini-forward - a big, franchise defenseman - and had an asset or two to boot. I like Marner, but put Nylander, Marner together and as skilled as they are, they look like the makings of a smurf top 6.

They set the price far too high - and in a short time window like that on the draft floor, they really precluded their own chances of getting a deal done.

The point is to approach with something reasonable. I don't see their offer as realistic - at all.

Werenski was also not exactly a well kept secret. He may have been the most underplayed asset in the top 10, but still highly valued by astute observers.

Imo the target and idea was good, the execution and approach was pretty poor.

can someone explain this sentence to me? Not making much sense after multiple reads.

It's worded poorly for sure. Basically Toronto wanted strome at 4th overall. If the coyotes took hanifan, and left strome, then they would of kept the 4th and drafted strome. Since the coyotes took strome, Toronto was willing to deal the 4th.

Edit :

Already explained higher up. But good job by the cbj manager turning this down cuz it wasn't worth moving up 4 spots and losing 3 2nds in the process

Archived