The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Support your Team!

Caknuckle Puck

I see way too many people bashing our players if they make a simple mistake, as soon as it happens we go ballistic at them. and I for one am sick of this teams attitude.

I checked the ducks facebook page after we had beaten them and no one was playing the blame game they were behind there team %100 and thats how we should be! I look at Utica Comets fanbase and I'm envious.

Today Vrbata missed a few shots and Sutter missed a pass and immediately they are useless (apparently)...

Sbisa makes a mistake and there's more than %50 of our fanbase saying something (even though we won 5-1? and put up a good effort besides that) ps. Sbisa played a sweet game today vs kings :)

I wonder why Vey had no confidence to play with his true potential.. hopefully we didn't break him.

enough is enough don't let outside media let you dictate whats good, at the end of the day we're all Canucks and we should stick by every player and let the GM that knows what he's doing do the work.

All I ask is the next time you think about saying something bad about a player it better have a VERY valid reason, and I can't even think of a valid reason for an example.

you support your team and love your team just like I do. be willing to give players a chance even if they make a small mistake.

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM MATES
SUPPORT YOUR GM/PRESEDENT
WIN HOCKEY GAMES.
#CUP

We need more people like you, who will support the team no matter what. It's easy to sit behind a screen, clicking on keys to berate players and criticize them to the point where there is nothing left. But it's next to impossible for many of us to achieve what each player on this team has, whether you love em or hate em. Like they say" it's easier to be wise for others than for ourselves".

PS Op you are gonna gets loads of crappy posts, cuz apparently it's a sin for some on here to support their team. Just saying.

The problem most of us have with these players is that they have done this time and time AGAIN. I point out when they look good, I point out when they are not. And if players on our team play the same sloppy game night after night then I would say they would be bad. Same goes for good players, if they have a good consistent game I'll say they're great. Also, we experienced the 2013-14 season... Ugh...

Nice optimism but these forums were made for discussing and debating different view points.

There are a lot of negative idiots and a bunch of negative people who actually are willing to argue their stand points

Vise versa there are a bunch of stupidly optimistic people and optimistic people that are willing to argue their stand points.

Some point of views have a greater perspective than others.

Light can't exists without darkness.

The problem most of us have with these players is that they have done this time and time AGAIN. I point out when they look good, I point out when they are not. And if players on our team play the same sloppy game night after night then I would say they would be bad. Same goes for good players, if they have a good consistent game I'll say they're great. Also, we experienced the 2013-14 season... Ugh...

True but it's also very far fetched to have the expectation that they will perform like they did on the first night, yesterday, and today every game. It's not wrong to critique the PLAY of the players but, it is a bit not good, to blame the players for every mistake they make, or demand that they be traded because they made a bad pass, or didn't play stellar every night.They are not robots. They are just as human as you and me.

True but it's also very far fetched to have the expectation that they will perform like they did on the first night, yesterday, and today every game. It's not wrong to critique the PLAY of the players but, it is a bit not good, to blame the players for every mistake they make, or dreams that they be traded because they made a bad pass, or didn't play stellar every night.They are not robots. They are just as human as you and me.

I'm okay if they do it sometimes, but if they keep doing it over and over and don't stop there is a problem.

I'm okay if they do it sometimes, but if they keep doing it over and over and don't stop there is a problem.

You see it's very easy for us to say something like that. But when you are out there, it's a whole other level, incomprehensible unless you put yourself in their shoes. Again "sometimes" is very vague. The definition of "sometimes" for us fans is very different than that of the players and coaches.

Really?

Maybe YOU think that but bias plays some real nasty tricks.

The OP is right guys like Sbisa, Weber, Miller, Vey (now Baertschi) need support and deserve it. We play as a team and the team is winning, no one is perfect, they all make mistakes. The difference is some player's mistakes are exaggerated and embellished just because people on here have some irrational dislike for a player or that player is perceived to be keeping one of their favourites out of the team.

You don't need to point out either way, we can all see and make up our own minds. You may have an opinion but that doesn't necessarily make it right.

Nice optimism but these forums were made for discussing and debating different view points.

There are a lot of negative idiots and a bunch of negative people who actually are willing to argue their stand points

Vise versa there are a bunch of stupidly optimistic people and optimistic people that are willing to argue their stand points.

Some point of views have a greater perspective than others.

Light can't exists without darkness.

So let's go back and see just who was panning this team before a puck was even dropped in earnest.

The Miller haters - check.

The Sbisa haters - check

The Prust haters - check

The Bartowski critics - check

The Cracknell critics - check

Then there are the regular:

Trade Burrows moaners

Trade Hansen moaners

Trade Hamhuis moaners

Sedins are too old.

Lately added

Vrbata

JB

Willie

Nearly a whole team and the coach are slated on these boards before the season even started. Many of us are sick of it. If we want to talk up players, or the coach why shouldn't we?

There is such a large bunch of negative posters on here it was becoming poisonous before the season started and it will all be back from the same posters after a couple of losses.

Were's that "Minor League Willie" sig idiot now by the way, It seems he melted away with the trading of Kassian.

I see way too many people bashing our players if they make a simple mistake, as soon as it happens we go ballistic at them. and I for one am sick of this teams attitude.

I checked the ducks facebook page after we had beaten them and no one was playing the blame game they were behind there team %100 and thats how we should be! I look at Utica Comets fanbase and I'm envious.

Today Vrbata missed a few shots and Sutter missed a pass and immediately they are useless (apparently)...

Sbisa makes a mistake and there's more than %50 of our fanbase saying something (even though we won 5-1? and put up a good effort besides that) ps. Sbisa played a sweet game today vs kings :)

I wonder why Vey had no confidence to play with his true potential.. hopefully we didn't break him.

enough is enough don't let outside media let you dictate whats good, at the end of the day we're all Canucks and we should stick by every player and let the GM that knows what he's doing do the work.

All I ask is the next time you think about saying something bad about a player it better have a VERY valid reason, and I can't even think of a valid reason for an example.

you support your team and love your team just like I do. be willing to give players a chance even if they make a small mistake.

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM MATES

SUPPORT YOUR GM/PRESEDENT

WIN HOCKEY GAMES.

#CUP

Relax the players don't read CDC, if they did they probably rolling on the floor busting a gut.

So let's go back and see just who was panning this team before a puck was even dropped in earnest.

The Sbisa haters - check

The Prust haters - check

Trade Burrows moaners

Trade Hansen moaners

Trade Hamhuis moaners

Sedins are too old.

Lately added

Vrbata

JB

Willie

Nearly a whole team and the coach are slated on these boards before the season even started. Many of us are sick of it. If we want to talk up players, or the coach why shouldn't we?

There is such a large bunch of negative posters on here it was becoming poisonous before the season started and it will all be back from the same posters after a couple of losses.

Were's that "Minor League Willie" sig idiot now by the way, It seems he melted away with the trading of Kassian.

Thank you.

That's why Canadian markets are unique.

It's not just Canuck fans. It's millions of couch potatoes across Canada who are passionate about their team. Most US markets are non hockey-first markets where there's nowhere near the level of media or fan focus on the local NHL team so yeah, you're not going to see much on any US teams' boards.

We just happen to be on the largest and most heavily used NHL team site in North America, so you're going to get a wide variety of opinions on everything to do with hockey.

And just like in the real world, you're going to need to learn to deal with it.

That's why Canadian markets are unique.

It's not just Canuck fans. It's millions of couch potatoes across Canada who are passionate about their team. Most US markets are non hockey-first markets where there's nowhere near the level of media or fan focus on the local NHL team so yeah, you're not going to see much on any US teams' boards.

We just happen to be on the largest and most heavily used NHL team site in North America, so you're going to get a wide variety of opinions on everything to do with hockey.

And just like in the real world, you're going to need to learn to deal with it.

I agree with you, but where does this deal with it attitude go, when this board is filled with people who want the GM fired because their favourite player was traded? Or when they complain about Miller and how he isn't earning his keep.Or the entire core as well the Sedins should be traded because apparently they suchk now after having given it their everything for 15 years. I guess it's ok to voice your displeasure and complain constantly, but when someone says it's enough, they just have to deal with it.

The Sbisa haters - check

The Prust haters - check

Trade Burrows moaners

Trade Hansen moaners

Trade Hamhuis moaners

Sedins are too old.

Lately added

Vrbata

JB

Willie

Well that pretty much wraps up this topic. Well done, sir.

I agree with you, but where does this deal with it attitude go, when this board is filled with people who want the GM fired because their favourite player was traded? Or when they complain about Miller and how he isn't earning his keep.Or the entire core as well the Sedins should be traded because apparently they suchk now after having given it their everything for 15 years. I guess it's ok to voice your displeasure and complain constantly, but when someone says it's enough, they just have to deal with it.

You misunderstood my post.

The negativity, bitching and complaining on CDC isn't going away. So when I say deal with it, it's not to put down the OP's opinion. On the contrary, I agree that the negativity on this board can be downright overwhelming at times.

So by "deal with it", I mean it from the standpoint that if the OP is going to be around CDC for any length of time, they'll have a much better experience if he/she learn's to just filter all that crap out because on a public forum, it's not going away any time soon.

You misunderstood my post.

The negativity, bitching and complaining on CDC isn't going away. So when I say deal with it, it's not to put down the OP's opinion. On the contrary, I agree that the negativity on this board can be downright overwhelming at times.

So by "deal with it", I mean it from the standpoint that if the OP is going to be around CDC for any length of time, they'll have a much better experience if he/she learn's to just filter all that crap out because on a public forum, it's not going away any time soon.

Yes you're right of course.

Archived