The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask JohnLocke Anything

JohnLocke

The tips of my big toes have a sensation of numbness, and each one is also presenting some pain. Earlier I lost sensation in the tip of my right index finger, although that feeling has since returned.

I have my blood checked very regularly for reasons unrelated and have never been notified of any problems in the work beyond consistently high potassium (I'm no medical person, so I'm not sure if that's at all relevant here). I don't think it's diabetes or certainly I would have known by now. Also I'm not fat.

This is a very recent problem - I've only noticed it surfacing in the past two days.

What could it be, doc? I'm getting paranoid that stuff is going to start falling off of me.

e2: Further I haven't been able to sleep in three days. I'm functioning on nothing. I don't know if the problems could be related... :/

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Well maybe he assumes people have something better to do on a Friday night?

I need to know if I'm going to be footless. :(

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Do you have any answers?

Forget the meaning of life - why did the Seahawks pass the football on second and goal?

Either the question is meaningless or its answer is ineffable. Read Wittgenstein.

15 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Favourite Spice Girl?

They were kind of before my time... so I really can't answer this one. Sorry Kaz.

15 hours ago, Spoderman said:

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Nope. Hot dogs are overrated. Never liked em. 

14 hours ago, SwedeHockey said:

If you had to marry a Canucks player, who would you pick? 

Chris Tanev <3

14 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

Would you trade Horvat for Schneider?

Yes. Would do it. 

14 hours ago, One one two said:

The tips of my big toes have a sensation of numbness, and each one is also presenting some pain. Earlier I lost sensation in the tip of my right index finger, although that feeling has since returned.

I have my blood checked very regularly for reasons unrelated and have never been notified of any problems in the work beyond consistently high potassium (I'm no medical person, so I'm not sure if that's at all relevant here). I don't think it's diabetes or certainly I would have known by now. Also I'm not fat.

This is a very recent problem - I've only noticed it surfacing in the past two days.

What could it be, doc? I'm getting paranoid that stuff is going to start falling off of me.

e2: Further I haven't been able to sleep in three days. I'm functioning on nothing. I don't know if the problems could be related... :/

Well first of all... **Go see a doctor*** 

It could be something small but it has a chance of being something serious so you wanna rule out the major things. 

Don't listen to me. I don't actually know anything... so take everything i say below with a kilogram of salt. 

Are your fingers and toes turning a different colour? Is this associated with going outside in the cold? Is the numbness at all times or at specific times and when? 

Is there pain in addition to the numbness?

Do you have a fever? Any other symptoms?

Honestly the major thing that is worrying me is the fact that you haven't been able to sleep and you are fatigued. Constitutional symptoms generally point to something big. 

So once again, if it's at all possible, go see a real doctor asap. 

14 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Pick two for me to play this week: Mark Ingram vs CAR, Antonio Andrews vs JAX, John Brown vs StL, Stevie Johnson vs DEN, Travis Benjamin vs CIN, or Brandon Bolden vs PHI?

Mark Ingram and John Brown

(idk what im talking about)

13 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Why should I push the button?

Because it's your destiny! 

13 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Is this "Ask JL Anything" but not "JL will reply to anything"?

Maybe....

13 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Well maybe he assumes people have something better to do on a Friday night?

I was busy last night :S Was assuming other people were too 

12 hours ago, oldnews said:

Do you have any answers?

Forget the meaning of life - why did the Seahawks pass the football on second and goal?

I have all the answers. 

Also, I'm not a vancouverite, so I don't understand the obsession with the seahawks. They're okay... i guess. 

11 hours ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Shinji Kagawa or Kagawa Shinji?

Shinagawa Kainji

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Are you reneging on your social contract?

Patience is a virtue. 

Archived