The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kings Want To Extend F Milan Lucic

SNACanuck

1 hour ago, LarsEller said:

I have no problem with us getting a big tough player. I'd love to see Buf in a Canucks Jersey. Lucic is a joke though. He's slow and is only getting slower. Not even close to worth the contract he is going to want especially 2 or 3 years from now, and he isn't even tough. He Spears guys in the groin and punches people with his gloves on. He can't actually take a big hit without being a baby about it. He's not tough and he's not skilled. No way I want that here for 5 or 6 mill cap hit for the next 5-6 years.

I agree. Along with these concerns about Lucic is that he would not be able to play his game. He wouldn't have the leeway or freedom to bully and intimidate like he has if he played for the Canucks. We would have a "neutered" Lucic. I mean, does anyone actually think Lucic would have gotten away suspension free running Miller and concussing him playing for the Canucks?

We would have a restricted Lucic. He would have to play more carefully so as not to constantly get penalties and suspensions. We would not have the intimidating Lucic that played with abandon and edge that the Bruins and Kings had. I certainly would not want that kind of Lucic on the Canucks. Certainly not at 5 to 6 million for 5 to 6 years.

On 1/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, LarsEller said:

I have no problem with us getting a big tough player. I'd love to see Buf in a Canucks Jersey. Lucic is a joke though. He's slow and is only getting slower. Not even close to worth the contract he is going to want especially 2 or 3 years from now, and he isn't even tough. He Spears guys in the groin and punches people with his gloves on. He can't actually take a big hit without being a baby about it. He's not tough and he's not skilled. No way I want that here for 5 or 6 mill cap hit for the next 5-6 years.

Like I said earlier; Lucic has a legitimate shot at another ring and he will be a major factor if they do win it.

What do we have? A bunch of fans who want to tank so we can get a higher draft pick and 0 chance of winning anything this year or probably next year without an addition like Lucic.

For 45 seasons we've been building for a future that's never arrived. Yes, we've come so close but never actually won it and that was specifically because we couldn't deal with the physical onslaught of Lucic and Chara. Maybe it's time to think about a now scenario and actually get what we need to compete in todays NHL. And that is a Lucic or Byfuglien. Personally, I want both but I don't see that as realistic. I just see Lucic being the most realistic of them, should they make free agency. 

I'll be really excited if we get him.

2 minutes ago, Kraken70 said:

Like I said earlier; Lucic has a legitimate shot at another ring and he will be a major factor if they do win it.

What do we have? A bunch of fans who want to tank so we can get a higher draft pick and 0 chance of winning anything this year or probably next year without an addition like Lucic.

For 45 seasons we've been building for a future that's never arrived. Yes, we've come so close but never actually won it and that was specifically because we couldn't deal with the physical onslaught of Lucic and Chara. Maybe it's time to think about a now scenario and actually get what we need to compete in todays NHL. And that is a Lucic or Byfuglien. Personally, I want both but I don't see that as realistic. I just see Lucic being the most realistic of them, should they make free agency. 

I agree 100%!

We need to be bigger, and tougher in our top minute players.  Having guys who are on the fourth line or bottom pairing D don't help.  Lucic and Buff would be out there all the time with the TOP players.  Guys, who are tough, and can play those top minutes are rare and worth the price.

GET THEM BOTH!

1 hour ago, Kraken70 said:

I agree that we need a tough player. However Lucic is not a tough player. He's just a big pussy and he puts on a show like he's tough. He can't take a hit. He spears guys in the groin, suckered punches people with his gloves on ect ect. That's not tough. He always ends up hiding behind teammates that are actually tough, we don't need him at all. We need someone else that can actually bring a tough game. 

1 hour ago, LarsEller said:

I agree that we need a tough player. However Lucic is not a tough player. He's just a big pussy and he puts on a show like he's tough. He can't take a hit. He spears guys in the groin, suckered punches people with his gloves on ect ect. That's not tough. He always ends up hiding behind teammates that are actually tough, we don't need him at all. We need someone else that can actually bring a tough game. 

Glad CDC has a resident expert on toughness and pugilism.

Whatever would we do without your dazzling insight into what makes a hockey player tough?

I was wondering if you'd be interested in proving your oft mentioned points this summer, by challenging Milan to a bare knuckle boxing match at Grandview Park. It would be great for you to put your theory about him being a "pussy" to the test.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Glad CDC has a resident expert on toughness and pugilism.

Whatever would we do without your dazzling insight into what makes a hockey player tough?

I was wondering if you'd be interested in proving your oft mentioned points this summer, by challenging Milan to a bare knuckle boxing match at Grandview Park. It would be great for you to put your theory about him being a "pussy" to the test.

I'd have no problem fighting him myself. But that wouldn't prove anything and it wouldn't be beneficial either. I don't have any person problem with him that needs to be solved with fists. 

All you really need to do is watch a hockey game, the guy is a coward with anger management issues. He goes for dirty cheap shots and whatever but he certainly doesn't bring a whole lot of toughness. If he did come to Vancouver he wouldn't be able to get away with any of his cheap stuff and then the only thing you would be left with is a big, slow, unskilled, overpaid player on a long term contract. We can pay someone like John Scott league minimum to punch people with his gloves on and spear players in the groin. 

13 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

I'd have no problem fighting him myself. But that wouldn't prove anything and it wouldn't be beneficial either. I don't have any person problem with him that needs to be solved with fists. 

All you really need to do is watch a hockey game, the guy is a coward with anger management issues. He goes for dirty cheap shots and whatever but he certainly doesn't bring a whole lot of toughness. If he did come to Vancouver he wouldn't be able to get away with any of his cheap stuff and then the only thing you would be left with is a big, slow, unskilled, overpaid player on a long term contract. We can pay someone like John Scott league minimum to punch people with his gloves on and spear players in the groin. 

Debatable. Lucic has played pretty cleanly against Vancouver. He plays a heavy game, yes, but he plays a clean, heavy game for the most part. Outside of the two incidences involving Colorado and San Jose, has he really stirred the pot? No.
Meanwhile there are players out there leveling other with hits to the head, hitting in the numbers, elbowing, low-bridging with outcomes that injure players, but Lucic taking umbrage with a slash and a clean, but blindside hit makes him a "pussy" and a "roid rager"? Interesting...

He's not getting away with it in LA either. Both times he's gone after players (Couture and Connauton) he's been ejected and/or suspended.

As for Lucic not being tough, I disagree. Yes he spears and sucker punches, but if asked to throw down, he never backs down. The only time I remember him doing so was against Colton Orr, and that was after Orr rung his bell.

Spearing and sucker punching, while not super desirable traits, do not detract from Lucic's ability to handle himself. They make him look stupid and undisciplined, but not weak. And plenty of players in this league do far more objectionable actions than him, but manage to have far better reputations (at least here on the CDC.)

And he's not half as slow as people here make him out to be. He wouldn't be playing with Kopitar if he was skating in molasses. Yet there he is on the top line of one of the clear contenders in the league. He's clearly doing something right, and it doesn't involve giving refs the reacharound either.

27 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

Hey, John Scott is an All-Star. Don't compare him to Lucic XD

29 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

All you really need to do is watch a hockey game, the guy is a coward with anger management issues. He goes for dirty cheap shots and whatever but he certainly doesn't bring a whole lot of toughness. If he did come to Vancouver he wouldn't be able to get away with any of his cheap stuff and then the only thing you would be left with is a big, slow, unskilled, overpaid player on a long term contract.

Lucic is 4th in points on the Kings, behind only Kopitar, Toffoli and Carter

He is also 4th in goals scored behind only Toffoli, Kopitar and Carter

Lucic brings what few top 6 players in the League can bring, scoring and protection for the other top 5 players

39 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Lucic brings what few top 6 players in the League can bring, scoring and protection for the other top 5 players

But he's a bum, and a coward, and a pussy, and a tortoise.....right?

46 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Anyone that plays top line min is bound to get points. Hansen is getting lots of points this year and he certainly isn't a top 6 player. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah........because Lucic chose to have Scheuerrmann's disease. What an absolutely stupid thing to say.

Par for the course though.

I know.  I have read too many times here that Milan looks the way he does because of steroids and HGH.  I think the guy has pretty good in sports considering his physical disability.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I know.  I have read too many times here that Milan looks the way he does because of steroids and HGH.  I think the guy has pretty good in sports considering his physical disability.  

I know Alf. Most of these chuckleheads will just go after whatever's easiest to make fun of regardless of what the origin is.

As far as I know, Lucic has the hothead he does because he was ruthlessly teased as a kid growing up.

I get that some posters don't want the Canucks to get him because of the style of hockey he plays and how it can wear down the body faster. I don't agree with that estimation, as the Sedins are still kicking ass, and that's after absorbing thousands of hits over the years, with little to no deterrents on the team defending them, but I see their point.

Same with the argument regarding cap hits, and reputation (although Burrows is still a Canuck...).

I just hate the impotent ignorance of people making fun of issues others have to live with and live through, in certain cases. Especially physical defects.

Scheuermann's disease is extremely painful and at times disabling. It's pretty brutal.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Great insight. And that justifies your banal and irretrievably stupid comment how? 

His hunchback/disability will only continue to make him slow down even more than a typical hockey player as he gets older. It's pretty straight forward and has nothing to do with any of what you are implying. Just straight facts. I'm not going to keep discussing this with you. Your intellect is on par with your avatar. 

10 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

His hunchback/disability will only continue to make him slow down even more than a typical hockey player as he gets older. It's pretty straight forward and has nothing to do with any of what you are implying. Just straight facts.

I'm not going to keep discussing this with you = I'm only equipped to make stupid comments not fit for a five year old, but won't ever admit it, and have nothing of any real substance to contribute.

Your intellect is on par with your avatar. 

Ohhhhh man. What a razz! Coming from you.... 

It's funny how you gutlessly backpedalled out of your infantile disparity against people afflicted with Scheuermann's disease.

Yer tough dude.

Archived