The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Love for Jake Virtanen

Positive Canuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2868FIHw5eY

watch?v=2868FIHw5eY

**UPDATE***
In lieu of this recent and totally scumbag and gutless attack by the Province with their GOAT cover lets give Jake a HUGE cheer and warm welcome home next time he plays.

"We want Jake back. He's a big, strong player, his game is better suited for the pros. We're excited to see him" - Desjardins #Canucks

"At that age, on that stage, you feel like you let your country down. Jake's a strong kid mentally and he'll bounce back" - Horvat #Canucks

"The Canadian fans are so passionate, they take losing hard, as the players do. Jake wasn't why we lost the tourny" - coach Desjardins

"Every country is getting better at the Juniors. Canada had a tough go. We'll support Jake when he gets back" - Daniel Sedin #Canucks

"This adversity that will make him better. He worked hard, tried his best and one penalty doesn't change that" - Burrows, on Virtanen

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 2h2 hours ago

"It's not all rainbows and butterflies, you win and lose. But people blaming Jake is crazy. It's a team game" - Burrows, on Team Canada Jrs.

After spending the too much time reading twitter i thought i would start a thread where we can give our boy a vote of confidence. 

Bunch of idiots from other fanbases ripping a baby Canuck is to be expected but our own should show some class.

He will be an absolute beauty for us. 

Guaranteed.  Power forwards need some time. 
I like what Benning and even some of what Botchford said today in the media
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/botchford+canucks+staying+course+with/11627537/story.html 

This will motivate him to be even better, what might have sucked a bit for Canada today will be a good thing for the canucks down the road.

Jake Virtanen with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove is good for us.

If you have anything negative say , stuff it on this one please.

Jake Virtanen vs Swift Current

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCvCHnzhm4

Jake Virtanen Murders Connor McDavid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvUwmVxG6A

Jake Virtanen

Best Hits

I don't post often, but I follow the forums a lot and when I do post they are usually positive. However, after watching the Canada game today... I cannot give Jake Virtanen any love for being as bone-headed as he was. It was insanely stupid what he did.

On a positive note, he can only get less stupid and mature through this.

I know his playing style before he went to Finland was to be a physical presence. But I think it would be better if we gave him more of a shooting role. Virtanen has a hard and accurate shot. He hasn't been able to show it in the regular season because of his role. Put him on the 1st PP with the Twins. It might ignite some confidence back into his offensive game. Get him going offensively and the rest will follow IMO.

To Jake:

Every great player has to go through certain kind of adversity at some point in his career. I know this is hard for you now and you may not be able to forget anytime soon, but keep your head up and look ahead.

The main stage is still waiting for you and that's where you are on course to leave your biggest mark. There are also World Championship, World Cup of Hockey and of course, the Olympics. You'll have many more opportunities going forward to wear our nation's flag and I'm sure this painful memories of 2016 WJC will be in a rearview mirror before long.

Come home kiddo, take the NHL ice and prove those who are doubting you wrong. It will be a lot sweeter than WJC gold.     

1 minute ago, canucksnhl said:

I know his playing style before he went to Finland was to be a physical presence. But I think it would be better if we gave him more of a shooting role. Virtanen has a hard and accurate shot. He hasn't been able to show it in the regular season because of his role. Put him on the 1st PP with the Twins. It might ignite some confidence back into his offensive game. Get him going offensively and the rest will follow IMO.

i agree, 100%

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen. 

McCann-Horvat-Hansen works for me

unfortunately coach has googly PP eyes for Linden Vey.

On January 3, 2016 at 8:57 PM, 1-d said:

To Jake:

Every great player has to go through certain kind of adversity at some point in his career. I know this is hard for you now and you may not be able to forget anytime soon, but keep your head up and look ahead.

The main stage is still waiting for you and that's where you are on course to leave your biggest mark. There are also World Championship, World Cup of Hockey and of course, the Olympics. You'll have many more opportunities going forward to wear our nation's flag and I'm sure this painful memories of 2016 WJC will be in a rearview mirror before long.

Come home kiddo, take the NHL ice and prove those who are doubting you wrong. It will be a lot sweeter than WJC gold.     

great post ,
exactly why i started the thread.
More of these please.
Thank you.
#Salute ! 

5 minutes ago, 1-d said:

To Jake:

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA..... BECAUSE JAKE IS READING CDC ROFL!!!!!

Is this daily diaries??

CDC (some not all) loves these WJC games. Remember Schroeder and Hodgson? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Everyone needs to simmer down. This is a learning experience for him. All we can do is hope he learns from this. You learn more in hard times than you do in positive. He needs to step up and keep his nose to the grind stone.

Archived