The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of February (01-05) 2016

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yeah, it's called being butt hurt. 

This kids the best thing to happen to hockey since Ovechkin came in as a rookie and maybe the likes of Gretzky before that. He's a phenom.

I don't think I missed many EDM games before McDavid got hurt, the kid just makes you wanna watch him play. For a hockey fan that's as good as it gets. 

I totally agree. Every time he touches the puck or is even near it you think something is going to happen. Very exciting.

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yeah, it's called being butt hurt. 

This kids the best thing to happen to hockey since Ovechkin came in as a rookie and maybe the likes of Gretzky before that. He's a phenom.

It has nothing to do with being butthurt, I hope he has a great career. I don't need to see every time he takes a crap on TSN though.

And comparing him to Gretzky at this stage in his career highlights the problem I'm talking about. Lets see where he is in 5 years before we start comparing him to the greatest player of all time. Durability will be a big factor in his career.

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It has nothing to do with being butthurt, I hope he has a great career. I don't need to see every time he takes a crap on TSN though.

And comparing him to Gretzky at this stage in his career highlights the problem I'm talking about. Lets see where he is in 5 years before we start comparing him to the greatest player of all time. Durability will be a big factor in his career.

Says you but Gretzky himself said McDavid is the best to come along in 30 years. I'll take Gretzky's word at hockey over some guy named Deniro who gets repeatedly embarrassed in hockey related debates on CDC but never learns his lesson. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wayne-gretzky-connor-mcdavid-sidney-crosby-best-30-years/

“He’s as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years, the best to come along since Lemieux and Crosby. He can definitely change a franchise’s fortunes,” Gretzky, 54, said.

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Says you but Gretzky himself said McDavid is the best to come along in 30 years. I'll take Gretzky's word at hockey over some guy named Deniro who gets repeatedly embarrassed in hockey related debates on CDC but never learns his lesson. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wayne-gretzky-connor-mcdavid-sidney-crosby-best-30-years/

“He’s as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years, the best to come along since Lemieux and Crosby. He can definitely change a franchise’s fortunes,” Gretzky, 54, said.

"As good as I've seen in 30 years"..."The best to come along since Crosby"

The great one kind of contradicts himself there. And believe it or not, he isn't all knowing when it comes to hockey. His time in Phoenix told us that.

Either way he's pumping up an Edmonton player because he's a former Oiler. Not surprising. Crosby was putting up over 100 points at McDavid's age. He's not at that level yet.

And as far as being embarrassed in hockey debates, worry about yourself. You seem to have your own track record of that.

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

"As good as I've seen in 30 years"..."The best to come along since Crosby"

The great one kind of contradicts himself there. And believe it or not, he isn't all knowing when it comes to hockey. His time in Phoenix told us that.

Either way he's pumping up an Edmonton player because he's a former Oiler. Not surprising. Crosby was putting up over 100 points at McDavid's age. He's not at that level yet.

And as far as being embarrassed in hockey debates, worry about yourself. You seem to have your own track record of that.

Archived