The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of February (01-05) 2016

24 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

+1 No d and no goalie means you will finish last or near last.

So true. One season hall and eberle both finished with over 80pts. Oilers still sucked ass. Look what happend with tampa before bishop. Stamkos and MSL led the league in scoring. They missed the playoffs. 

You dont need great goaltending to win the cup. You need decent goaltending to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I put little blame of the oilers turmoil on thwir forwards. You mention all their "great players" how many of those players are defenseman?  Goaltenders?

Defensive is a team responsibility - all over the ice.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Defensive is a team responsibility - all over the ice.  

Yeah thats fine and dandy. Look at carolina wih the staal brothers. And theur forwards. For the most part their good defensively.  Carolina wasnt doing very well for a long time because?  No defenseman and no goalie.

21 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Yeah thats fine and dandy. Look at carolina wih the staal brothers. And theur forwards. For the most part their good defensively.  Carolina wasnt doing very well for a long time because?  No defenseman and no goalie.

The Oilers had Scrivens.  :lol:  Now they have Talbot. :lol: 

On February 3, 2016 at 9:34 PM, DeNiro said:

It has nothing to do with being butthurt, I hope he has a great career. I don't need to see every time he takes a crap on TSN though.

And comparing him to Gretzky at this stage in his career highlights the problem I'm talking about. Lets see where he is in 5 years before we start comparing him to the greatest player of all time. Durability will be a big factor in his career.

did not see anyone comparing McDavid to Bobby Orr, did I miss that page?

8 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Wasnt that more on gillis than the oilers

I believe Gillis wanted the seventh pick (became Nurse) and a prospect, because the Oilers were in our division.  Mac T said no, so Gillis took the Devil's offer.  Stupid Oilers.  Although with Schneider they don't get Macdavid.  

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I believe Gillis wanted the seventh pick (became Nurse) and a prospect, because the Oilers were in our division.  Mac T said no, so Gillis took the Devil's offer.  Stupid Oilers.  Although with Schneider they don't get Macdavid.  

Gillis refused the 7th, he didn't want to trade Schneider to the Oilers. It's on Gillis. 

Nurse is a beast. He'll be a cornerstone on EDM D for a decade. Oilers lucked out, They got Nurse at 7th and have 2 pretty good goalies now. Who knows if Schneider would have re signed in EDM. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Gillis refused the 7th, he didn't want to trade Schneider to the Oilers. It's on Gillis. 

Nurse btw is a beast. He'll be a cornerstone on EDM d for a decade. 

Gillis wanted the seventh plus a prospect.  Mac T said no to the prospect.  Yes I love Nurse too.  Great player already, who has a real nasty bite to his game.  I think he's better (already) than Seth Jones, because of his nastiness. 

Archived