The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of February (01-05) 2016

Sauce Hockey has teamed up with fan favorite, NHL All-Star, NHL All-Star Game CAPTAIN, and NHL All-Star Game MVP, John Scott to produce the only official, limited edition John Scott t-shirt with a portion of the proceeds going to help fight mental health and the Bell Let's Talk Mental Health Initiative. Each shirt will also include a signed letter from John.

Together we can make a difference. Help us in the fight against mental health!

You can purchase a shirt here: http://saucehockey.com/produc…/official-john-scott-charity-t

The Flyers‬ & ‎Penguins‬ will play outside in 2017 and maybe 2018. There was discussion about playing an outdoor game at Penn State, but it’s believed financial demands by the university soured the teams on the neutral site, so the two franchises have been looking at a reciprocal arrangement with an outdoor game played one year in Pittsburgh and a second game in Philadelphia perhaps the next year.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gillis wanted the seventh plus a prospect.  Mac T said no to the prospect.  Yes I love Nurse too.  Great player already, who has a real nasty bite to his game.  I think he's better (already) than Seth Jones, because of his nastiness. 

When you don't want to trade a player to a division rival you look for excuses. It was the 7th vs 9th. 

Oilers lucked out. Nurse is a Stud Dman every team dreams of having. Turned 21 yesterday and celebrated by giving someone a beating on the ce. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Panthers‬ will have their 7th sellout of the season tomorrow night vs Pittsburgh. They only had 5 all of last season while the Attendance is up 30% from 11265 to 14620 and counting.

10269630_941801949202487_780883513143857

How long would the lineups be in Vancouver if the ticks were 10 bucks, and they came with free parking, free beer, and a trip on the owner's private yacht?  Oh and a free jersey, and Lou Bobblehead?

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How long would the lineups be in Vancouver if the ticks were 10 bucks, and they came with free parking, free beer, and a trip on the owner's private yacht?  Oh and a free jersey, and Lou Bobblehead?

You'd be surprised how cheap it is to go see a game this season. 

By buddy took his kids, got 4 tickets behind the bench for a 100 bucks. His kid got a stick from a player. Scalpers can't give the tickets away on many nights. 

A couple of weeks ago we were talking on CDC about how empty the building was against DET. It looked half empty. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You'd be surprised how cheap it is to go see a game this season. 

By buddy took his kids, got 4 tickets behind the bench for a 100 bucks. His kid got a stick from a player. Scalpers can't give the tickets away on many nights. 

A couple of weeks ago we were talking on CDC about how empty the building was against DET. It looked half empty. 

So how long will Aquaweinee put up with losing money, and direct JB to trade youth and picks for mediocre veterans who can get us into the first round?  Is the directive already given - Andrew Ladd?

Just now, Alflives said:

So how long will Aquaweinee put up with losing money, and direct JB to trade youth and picks for mediocre veterans who can get us into the first round?  Is the directive already given - Andrew Ladd?

The .70 cent Canadian dollar is probably hurting him just as much.

Trading for Ladd isn't going to get this team in the playoffs so I don't see the sense in that. Ladd's 28 points aren't the solution.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

The .70 cent Canadian dollar is probably hurting him just as much.

Trading for Ladd isn't going to get this team in the playoffs so I don't see the sense in that. Ladd's 28 points aren't the solution.

You know that, and I know that.  But does Aquilini pressure JB into giving up further assets to get Ladd because he doesn't know that?  Like you say: .70 cent dollar and empty arena.  Plus the guy is settling a divorce.  I am concerned JB is just a: "yes boss, I'll do that right now" GM, even though he knows it's wrong.  :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You know that, and I know that.  But does Aquilini pressure JB into giving up further assets to get Ladd because he doesn't know that?  Like you say: .70 cent dollar and empty arena.  Plus the guy is settling a divorce.  I am concerned JB is just a: "yes boss, I'll do that right now" GM, even though he knows it's wrong.  :wacko:

Yeah, you know that, I know that but Aqua who's owned the team for a decade doesn't know that? If he knows who Ladd is he's not forcing JB to trade for him, that's just crazy talk. Don't wanna get into crazy talk. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thats crazzzzy talk Alf !

... and maybe, just maybe Aqua learned a little bit of something when it was rumoured that he (not Gillis), initiated AV's firing and Tort's hiring.    Best to leave best, to those who know the best.

Damn, no Canadian teams in the playoffs is looking more and more likely each game.  Hopefully all us western ones mature a bit and come out strong next season, all 4 of is western Canadisn teams have good-great youth cores in training,  this season is just a stinker for Canadian teams, at least we can all say our youth are developing really nicely.

12 minutes ago, CALGARY! said:

Damn, no Canadian teams in the playoffs is looking more and more likely each game.  Hopefully all us western ones mature a bit and come out strong next season, all 4 of is western Canadisn teams have good-great youth cores in training,  this season is just a stinker for Canadian teams, at least we can all say our youth are developing really nicely.

The 4 Western Canadian Teams are dead last in the Conference. Last 4 spots belong to EDM CLG WPG and VAN.  It's not bad if you're going to miss the playoffs. Might as well finish at or near the bottom and get top end prospects.

5 hours ago, D'Angelo Russell said:

All of a sudden the Ducks are 5 points ahead of the Canucks with a game in hand. Pretty amazing how at one point their goal diff. was around -25, now its almost even.  

We all knew they weren't as bad as they showed. For whatever reason they just took so long to get going. 

Archived