The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Me a New One Boyz (Van-Edm)[Proposal]

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Sounds a lot like your boy JV.    

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup, I have to agree with you.  I know there are a lot of variables that define skill, but I like to include (high on my list) the time in control of the puck with one's head up.  Players like Patick Kane rarely look down.  Hall and Virtanen look at the puck on their stick WAY TOO MUCH.  

Hall is a #1 overall, in case you forgot. Their potentials are completely different. Besides, players like Jake are the reason skilled players have to keep their heads up, Hall is not. Do I even have to get into the age/experience difference between the two? 

31 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I don't know what that means, but I'll take it as a compliment. ^_^

I wasn't criticizing JV, so much as pointing out that he (like Hall) both need to work on their skill with the puck.  And yes, guys like Jake destroy guys with their heads down - and with their heads up for that matter.  

So gear down, and get your rig back between the lines.  It's a trucker's metaphor.  :frantic:

16 hours ago, hammertime said:

they could offer us Mcdavid but Hammer holds the cards and he's not folding to go to edmonton period.

If we were offered mcdavid for hammer and hammer wouldnt waive i would fly to vancouver and throw eggs at him everytime he hit the ice lol. Hammer would waive if the Canucks would be better from it though IMHO

30 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

If we were offered mcdavid for hammer and hammer wouldnt waive i would fly to vancouver and throw eggs at him everytime he hit the ice lol. Hammer would waive if the Canucks would be better from it though IMHO

Would you go to Edmonton if your boss said hey we don't need you anymore thanks for your years of service and asked you to move to Edmonton for the good of the company? I sure wouldn't go to that hell hole for the good of any company if I had the ability to say no f it ill go to here here or here and that's it figure it out boss. I'm sure his agent would use more tact than that but you get my point what's in it for him. He has the choice to stay until the end of the season and then sign anywhere he wants. 

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Would you go to Edmonton if your boss said hey we don't need you anymore thanks for your years of service and asked you to move to Edmonton for the good of the company? I sure wouldn't go to that hell hole for the good of any company if I had the ability to say no f it ill go to here here or here and that's it figure it out boss. I'm sure his agent would use more tact than that but you get my point what's in it for him. He has the choice to stay until the end of the season and then sign anywhere he wants. 

Yes but hammer wouldnt be like that IMO. Hell he could have McDavid as a teammate if this dream trade ever happened lol. Spend 30 miserable games as an Oiler and then bolt back to th Mcdavid Canucks :)

Archived