The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Me a New One Boyz (Van-Edm)[Proposal]

1 hour ago, Nail3738 said:

Deal would be workable/sensible if Edmonton was in a battle for a playoff spot. This deal is much less likely to happen due to the fact that Vancouver and Edmonton Share a division, Edmonton would not want to see Schultz become a star so close to Edmonton where people would see him regularly.

With Edmonton being in a situation very much like Vancouver will be in a couple of years, Dan Hamhuis wants to know why he would waive his No-Trade Clause to move away from family and friends for a team that is lower in the standings and not contending for the Stanley Cup, at his age, either he wants end up with a competitive team, or he wants to stay put.

When people say they'll do whats best for the team, that doesn't mean they are going to disregard their own future to do it - if that was the case, we'd see alot more league minimum contracts(HAHAHA)

Just my thoughts. :)

Yeah....Edmonton doesn't need to worry about Schmutz becoming a star. He can join Cody Hodgson in the overrated yet underwhelming reject pile. 

1 hour ago, BanTSN said:

Schultz was a fantastic prospect until he landed in Edmonton.  Since, he's been awful.  No progression, and in fact regression.

Edmonton would welcome this trade very much, but would Hamhuis?

Nah this makes no sense on both sides...

Edmonton isn't in a position for a rental and Vancouver wouldn't want to waste an asset to acquire a player like Schultz

why would van want schultz hes garbage   he won be in nhl next yr off to europe hes soft and garbage. If im edmonton  id build around mcdavid hall draisatl nurse reinhart talbot yakapov but id  trade eberle and ryan nugent hopkins and their first round   for a Young good dmen ( hamonic and oliver ekman larsson) 

hall mcdavid plug 

plug  draisatl yakupov 

plug plug plug

plug plug plug

nurse hamonic

reinhart ekman larson

klefbom  plug 

talbot 

would be a decent core to build around  sign a few free agents and find a few europeans that could be decent signings for rest of roster

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah....Edmonton doesn't need to worry about Schmutz becoming a star. He can join Cody Hodgson in the overrated yet underwhelming reject pile. 

You're probably right, but, Have mercy on the kid, he's been stuck in Edmonton his whole career, Kyle Turris is an example of what the right change can do for the right player, I don't think Schultz will be anything overly special either, but, there is still some hope.

44 minutes ago, Nail3738 said:

You're probably right, but, Have mercy on the kid, he's been stuck in Edmonton his whole career, Kyle Turris is an example of what the right change can do for the right player, I don't think Schultz will be anything overly special either, but, there is still some hope.

I'd take him for free. 

4 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

No mercy!

7 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Taylor Hall is a top 5 LW in the league,  Draisaitl has more potential than any one of our prospects and Klefbom is 22 years old with top pairing D-man written all over him.  But okay

I like Draisaitl, but Hall is not that good.  If these players they have were so great, how come their team is terrible every season?  IMHAO, their top player (paid top dollars) are not so good.  Plus, they eat up Cap space, which could have gone to better players. 

I'm thinking Edmonton offered up RNH in the Jones trade, and Nashville laughed. You might think the Edmonton players are good, but their record indicates otherwise. 

10 hours ago, canuktravella said:

why would van want schultz hes garbage   he won be in nhl next yr off to europe hes soft and garbage. If im edmonton  id build around mcdavid hall draisatl nurse reinhart talbot yakapov but id  trade eberle and ryan nugent hopkins and their first round   for a Young good dmen ( hamonic and oliver ekman larsson) 

hall mcdavid plug 

plug  draisatl yakupov 

plug plug plug

plug plug plug

nurse hamonic

reinhart ekman larson

klefbom  plug 

talbot 

would be a decent core to build around  sign a few free agents and find a few europeans that could be decent signings for rest of roster

I'd consider Reinhart, Nurse and Klefbom to be plugs too.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

"Hall is not that good"   You make me want to punch my computer screen.  If you take away the Sedins as a pair, Hall is easily more skilled than any Canuck player.  As is Draisaitl and McDavid.  I don't care for RNH

I'm not a fan of Hall's defence, I've watched several games where he doesn't bother to go back after a failed breakaway. But yes, offensively he has the tools to be a Kessel type scorer. Injuries are an early concern.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

"Hall is not that good"   You make me want to punch my computer screen.  If you take away the Sedins as a pair, Hall is easily more skilled than any Canuck player.  As is Draisaitl and McDavid.  I don't care for RNH

I'm still not too certain about Big Leon, but Macdavid is clearly a special player.  I too am not a fan of RNH, especially for the money he's paid.  Hall, IMHAO, is not that skilled.  Skilled players don't skate (with the puck) with their heads down, which Hall does A LOT.

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Sounds a lot like your boy JV.    

Yup, I have to agree with you.  I know there are a lot of variables that define skill, but I like to include (high on my list) the time in control of the puck with one's head up.  Players like Patick Kane rarely look down.  Hall and Virtanen look at the puck on their stick WAY TOO MUCH.  

Archived