The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

On 10/3/2016 at 8:24 PM, jovocop55 said:

yes its not UB4... but "these ppl" also own alot of these UB4 seats..  they might lost $$ on these but gain the ones they got big discount on...  lets just say "yippykyeh" got it.. :lol:B)

Sorry to sound stupid, but where are you seeing these $15 tickets?  are you referring to stubhub?  I see cheap tix there but those are for the crappy teams.  

6 hours ago, bt116 said:

Sorry to sound stupid, but where are you seeing these $15 tickets?  are you referring to stubhub?  I see cheap tix there but those are for the crappy teams.  

yes its crappy teams...  even average teams are selling at those prices but alot of them been bought already..  if u look on stubhub and recently sold prices, alot of them are sold at $10-20ea for regular season games..  obvious there are not much of those now...

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

The tickets on TicketExchange cannot be printed for 72 hours. Was it always like this?

never seen this...   people would rather buy tickets on stubhub  than buying on ticketexchange..  i understand they probably want to avoid people scalping tickets..  but should have done that long time ago...  but right now, no one are buying tickets even at STH prices, let alone on ticketmaster or ticketexchange prices

Ya it makes no sense. What if you want to give the tickets as a Christmas gift? They are actually encouraging people to use stubhub because you get the tickets right away. Especially if you want hard copy. What happens if you go down to Rogers Arena box office and buy tickets in person? I guess that's the only way to get tickets right away, buy at the box office? Don't get why they would restrict printing of resale tickets though. Ticketmaster has the perfect opportunity to destroy stubhub and yet they refuse to take it. They don't have to deal with fraud like stubhub does so they could perpetually lower prices/fees until eventually they starved stubhub. Boggles my mind why they don't do this. Then when stubhub has lost market share, buy it cheap from ebay.

5 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

just to let everyone know who is going to the home opener this year , the carry over prize for the 50/50 from last season is $70,000

That's pretty awesome. Lots of reasons to go to the home opener! :) I bet the 50/50 jackpot gets over $200,000 to the winner. It could even hit $250,000

17 hours ago, bt116 said:

I am trying to post tickets on there but getting  barcode validation failed error.

Looks like it's working now.....yesterday I was getting the same error.  It looks like the Canucks wanted a head start selling their tickets.

I noticed tickets I traded away for the Carolina game during ticket exchange/upgrade are listed.

I find it hard to believe someone else traded a game for my Carolina tickets, then decided to sell them.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Looks like it's working now.....yesterday I was getting the same error.  It looks like the Canucks wanted a head start selling their tickets.

I noticed tickets I traded away for the Carolina game during ticket exchange/upgrade are listed.

I find it hard to believe someone else traded a game for my Carolina tickets, then decided to sell them.

maybe they are under the impression that the Carolina tickets are easy to sell..lol

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I am pretty sure that the Canucks are also selling directly on stubhub. It is pretty obvious. You can tell when they are listing tickets.

On 2016-10-05 at 7:21 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

The tickets on TicketExchange cannot be printed for 72 hours. Was it always like this?

I belive that's a new feature starting this season, must wait until within 72hrs of the game to print the tickets. Most likely an effort to prevent people from scooping fair priced tickets posted early by good hearted fans only to try and flip them for a profit.

On 2016-10-05 at 9:57 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Ya it makes no sense. What if you want to give the tickets as a Christmas gift? They are actually encouraging people to use stubhub because you get the tickets right away. Especially if you want hard copy. What happens if you go down to Rogers Arena box office and buy tickets in person? I guess that's the only way to get tickets right away, buy at the box office? Don't get why they would restrict printing of resale tickets though. Ticketmaster has the perfect opportunity to destroy stubhub and yet they refuse to take it. They don't have to deal with fraud like stubhub does so they could perpetually lower prices/fees until eventually they starved stubhub. Boggles my mind why they don't do this. Then when stubhub has lost market share, buy it cheap from ebay.

I thought shipping the original tickets was an option for Ticket Exchange, it doesn't have to be electronic transfer. That solves the issue for people buying them as gifts. Am I mistaken?

On 10/6/2016 at 10:17 AM, bt116 said:

maybe they are under the impression that the Carolina tickets are easy to sell..lol

Maybe they think if someone is coming from out of town for the home opener on saturday they might stay and see two game in one trip

I noticed some really weird stuff on stubhub today with inventory. There was like 1000 tickets left for sale for the home opener against Calgary. Then all of a sudden it (along with all the other games) went up about 300 tickets, to like 1300 tickets for sale. Then a few hours later dropped back down.

18 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I noticed some really weird stuff on stubhub today with inventory. There was like 1000 tickets left for sale for the home opener against Calgary. Then all of a sudden it (along with all the other games) went up about 300 tickets, to like 1300 tickets for sale. Then a few hours later dropped back down.

I didn't notice that.  It would either be a huge glitch.  Or someone had 300 tickets in deactivated inventory, activated it, then deactivated it.  It wasn't me I just have 8 seats ;)

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I didn't notice that.  It would either be a huge glitch.  Or someone had 300 tickets in deactivated inventory, activated it, then deactivated it.  It wasn't me I just have 8 seats ;)

Didn't seem like a glitch. I watched all games for the entire season slowly activate and gain 300-400 listings, then they all deactivated. Some of the games were up to 1800 seats. Then one by one then all dropped back down to current levels. It was odd. Makes me think someone has 300 tickets. Either a broker, the canucks themselves, or maybe one of those "resellers" jovocop was talking about who bought seats cheap. Doesn't seem like much is selling on there though. Is the "ticket exchange" any better for selling tickets? Do you sell your tickets mostly through there, or through stubhub?

28 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Didn't seem like a glitch. I watched all games for the entire season slowly activate and gain 300-400 listings, then they all deactivated. Some of the games were up to 1800 seats. Then one by one then all dropped back down to current levels. It was odd. Makes me think someone has 300 tickets. Either a broker, the canucks themselves, or maybe one of those "resellers" jovocop was talking about who bought seats cheap. Doesn't seem like much is selling on there though. Is the "ticket exchange" any better for selling tickets? Do you sell your tickets mostly through there, or through stubhub?

So far I have been able to sell at least one pair to each of the October games using Ticket Exchange, even the Washington game.  It looks like with the UBIV it will be possible to use TE for most games.  

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

So far I have been able to sell at least one pair to each of the October games using Ticket Exchange, even the Washington game.  It looks like with the UBIV it will be possible to use TE for most games.  

I find even though Ticket Exchange might sometimes end up costing more for the buyer, it does provide them with a piece of mind and they would rather pay a little  more to buy on TE than on Stubhub. I was able to sell some tickets on TE last year.

I prefer using TE as they don't take that big of a cut compared with Stubhub.

7 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I dont like ticket exchange because they charge more. From what i see they charge the seller 5% but they charge the buyer 27.5% at checkout. So for every $100 in ticket sales they earn like $33. Stubhub takes 10% from seller but only seems to add around 17% at checkout so they are around 27%

Are you sure SH adds only 17% for the buyer?  I just checked the total price of a pair of $25 tickets.  Total after fees is $63.50, that's 27%.  For a pair of $50 tickets.....total is $122....22%.  On a pair of $100 tickets....total is $239, so down to 19.5%.  

Ticket Exchange is 26.75% across all price ranges.  With 5% seller instead of the 10%.

For the Alberta teams is 21.75% across all price ranges........but they have 10% seller.  I don't know why they did that, when it works out the same.  Some sort of mind experiment.

Archived