The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 20 Canucks Prospects 2016 with Rankings

Derp...

5 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

HF needs to put someone on the Canucks beat that actually watches the games, their cluelessness shines through on this list once again. Horrible website; even worse forum.

God I hate that place.

The whole forum is full of whiners and know-it-alls. It's CDC except with a much worse sense of entitlement.

6 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The whole forum is full of whiners and know-it-alls. It's CDC except with a much worse sense of entitlement.

It's incredible, I seemingly cannot set so much as a toe in that place without getting carded by the mods. Never met a bigger bunch of tight ass crybabies in my life. It's literally the No Fun Zone over there. I hadn't checked in over there in months and today I got a thirty day penalty (5) for my avatar, which is the same one I use on Facebook! It's got to be the sixth or seventh mod warning I've had over there in around five years of hardly ever posting.Unbelievable!!

4 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

It's incredible, I seemingly cannot set so much as a toe in that place without getting carded by the mods. Never met a bigger bunch of tight ass crybabies in my life. It's literally the No Fun Zone over there. I hadn't checked in over there in months and today I got a thirty day penalty (5) for my avatar, which is the same one I use on Facebook! It's got to be the sixth or seventh mod warning I've had over there in around five years of hardly ever posting.Unbelievable!!

Strange how the mods will let you criticize anything you want however you want to as long as it fits within the HF hive mind, yet they otherwise moderate the place like it's North Korea.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

Strange how the mods will let you criticize anything you want however you want to as long as it fits within the HF hive mind, yet they otherwise moderate the place like it's North Korea.

Yeah, well, I've never stuck around there long enough to get the lay of the land. Some mod from Odessa Texas or Joplin Missouri always makes it his business to run me off the claim straight off, and always with the most confounded reasoning. 

I'm thinking this might have been the last time though; it's just such a huge drag.

4 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

HF finally realizing that we actually have decent prospects. Been snubbing us for years. Surprised Olson's not on the list, but otherwise solid. Loving Demko's rating. If we can sign him... *Drools* 

Yeah, he's really something isn't he. personally, I've seen nothing that would indicate any reluctance on his part to sign with us.

I know some here are a little worried though.

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Yeah, he's really something isn't he. personally, I've seen nothing that would indicate any reluctance on his part to sign with us.

I know some here are a little worried though.

Well he's the best goaltending prospect we've had since Schneider, the hype is pretty big. I know he wants to go back to college for one more year unless he wins a championship, and I think people are panicking that we don't sign him after next year because of that.

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

The only rule on HF is that you can't attack anyone. Can't call anyone an idiot, troll, imply that they lack intelligence etc. You can literally troll as much as you want though without ever running into problems. It's fun sometimes if you are bored lol.

Still their prospect section is one the most valuable resources for hockey fans. This forum lacks diversity of fans. Most of the fans here watch the WHL, a few watch the OHL. Hardly anyone watches the QMJHL or the USHL. I think we have one guy that watches the SHL. Liiga, NLA or KHL you might as well forget about it. If you get past the bickering you can actually find some quality posts by good posters on nearly every single noteworthy prospect in the world. It's nice getting info from guys that actually watch the games and not someone who saw a few highlight videos and now thinks he is an expert. International tournaments are really fun to follow there as HF has tons of Russian, Finnish and Swedish fans. There are also a few Swiss, German, Belarusian, Danish fans. 

The way to avoid suspensions is lay off the bickering. Don't attack anyone and pay attention to the mod warnings. Bashing other posters and fanbases is asking for suspensions. Also its best to avoid posts like "If you believe X then you must be an idiot". The fact is that this is a smaller forum than HF and hence its easier to keep under control.

3 hours ago, Toews said:

The only rule on HF is that you can't attack anyone. Can't call anyone an idiot, troll, imply that they lack intelligence etc. You can literally troll as much as you want though without ever running into problems. It's fun sometimes if you are bored lol.

Still their prospect section is one the most valuable resources for hockey fans. This forum lacks diversity of fans. Most of the fans here watch the WHL, a few watch the OHL. Hardly anyone watches the QMJHL or the USHL. I think we have one guy that watches the SHL. Liiga, NLA or KHL you might as well forget about it. If you get past the bickering you can actually find some quality posts by good posters on nearly every single noteworthy prospect in the world. It's nice getting info from guys that actually watch the games and not someone who saw a few highlight videos and now thinks he is an expert. International tournaments are really fun to follow there as HF has tons of Russian, Finnish and Swedish fans. There are also a few Swiss, German, Belarusian, Danish fans. 

The way to avoid suspensions is lay off the bickering. Don't attack anyone and pay attention to the mod warnings. Bashing other posters and fanbases is asking for suspensions. Also its best to avoid posts like "If you believe X then you must be an idiot". The fact is that this is a smaller forum than HF and hence its easier to keep under control.

I don't really say anything outlandish or controversial and I don't believe I have ever been in a serious argument with anyone there, I just show up and get carded for my avatar or silly things of that sort. I certainly have never insulted anyone, it's always some weird rule that's peculiar to that site that they'll notify me that I have violated and it's always completely baffling. It's quite unlike anything I have ever experienced . I'd have to say it is easily my least favorite forum experience on the webs.

Archived