The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Yakupov requested trade out of Edmonton

8 minutes ago, Tigs said:

So a 3rd line player, a potential 3rd pairing defenseman, and a 2nd round pick are suddenly worth a 1st pairing/elite OD all the sudden because the other team is in a potential cap situation? You're severely overrating our prospects if you think that's anywhere close.

mccann is a 3rd line player as a 20 year old, and i think it's fair to say that if he doesn't turn into a top 6 player it would be a pretty big shock. 

subban is a bit of a long shot, but the potential is there for him to replace a decent portion of the offense from the backend given up in the trade. 

the 2nd round pick is very likely to be very early, basically equivalent to a late 1st rounder. 

and i view neither barrie nor shattenkirk as true 1st pairing defencemen, let alone elite. they're excellent offensive defencemen that don't do much to help their teams defensively. certainly good, valuable players, but not ever going to be in the norris conversation.

edit: put it this way: i wouldn't be willing to pay much more than that for them. 

23 hours ago, tas said:

mccann is a 3rd line player as a 20 year old, and i think it's fair to say that if he doesn't turn into a top 6 player it would be a pretty big shock. 

subban is a bit of a long shot, but the potential is there for him to replace a decent portion of the offense from the backend given up in the trade. 

the 2nd round pick is very likely to be very early, basically equivalent to a late 1st rounder. 

and i view neither barrie nor shattenkirk as true 1st pairing defencemen, let alone elite. they're excellent offensive defencemen that don't do much to help their teams defensively. certainly good, valuable players, but not ever going to be in the norris conversation.

edit: put it this way: i wouldn't be willing to pay much more than that for them. 

So why give up assets for a pending UFA?   I wouldn't be willing to include any prospects whatsoever for Shattenkirk unless he's signed long term prior to the deal.

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So why give up assets for a pending UFA?   I wouldn't be willing to include any prospects whatsoever for Shattenkirk unless he's signed long term prior to the deal.

they would have a year to lock him up. 

Archived