The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia win!] Mafia: Random!

thejazz97

I don't think Dral would have encouraged Chris to not quit if he was mafia. There was actually a chance of Chris quitting, and that would have sealed the victory for the mafia.

Even though I completely disagreed with Dral regarding Toews, it wouldn't be the first time he viewed a situation differently than most people as a TP. I don't think Dral would take the risk of defending a teammate who had a high chance of being lynched. 

I also don't like the tone of some of Kaz's posts. I'll explain this later.

Vote Kaz for now

@Time Lord

I just posted a mountain of evidence to show how scummy Dral is. He ignored half my points and weakly defended the others, yet you're using the single point in his favour + history as reasons for why he's town.

On 4/21/2016 at 4:02 PM, Chris said:

I've been called out by Kaz, JAY JAY, and Dral. Those are the 3 I am convinced are the Final other 3 TP, because simply put, I've been shifty AF, admit to it, and deserve to have the heat on me because of it, which is why I collapsed when I woke up and saw the posts this morning, however, JAY JAY picked me up off the ground with a little nudge. :P - Goin' down fighting.

I think TL and Intoews are the last two Mafia members; They both know me well enough to use me as a weapon, they both recognized the Username change from Nail3738, and Intoews Obviously has the insight about me to use me against the TP.

If I have missed anything, please let me know, I tried to cover as much as I could 0_0

On 4/21/2016 at 3:35 PM, Chris said:

My final choice for Mafia is TL.

His posts have been useless, and he is a much better player than he's shown, other have noticed it and called him out on it, and he's been extremely deflective, and too neutral to be TP.

When TP usually hes the guy that is leading things like JAY JAY has, for that reason, he would be my #1 choice for a vote.

MOAR.

On 4/22/2016 at 7:01 PM, Chris said:

I would say its a possibility, an unlikely one; There's just as strong of a chance that I'm misreading Toews and he actually is Watcher.

I'm more sure about TL than I am Toews;

I would appreciate your thoughts; JJ's as well, I'm alot more sure about you guys than I am my vote, but my plan is to stick with I originally said I would and go with Yours and JJ's decision, if you disagree with my analysis that's cool too.

Bolded important parts

Why wouldn't he try to save Toews when Chris posted things like this earlier in the round? Obviously JJ quitting threw a wrench in things, but I don't recall JJ ever giving any indication of which side he would vote.

Dral knew that Chris trusted him and was leaning toward voting you.

@Chris Why not draw your own conclusions?

15 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

@Time Lord

I just posted a mountain of evidence to show how scummy Dral is. He ignored half my points and weakly defended the others, yet you're using the single point in his favour + history as reasons for why he's town.

Bolded important parts

Why wouldn't he try to save Toews when Chris posted things like this earlier in the round? Obviously JJ quitting threw a wrench in things, but I don't recall JJ ever giving any indication of which side he would vote.

Dral knew that Chris trusted him and was leaning toward voting you.

@Chris Why not draw your own conclusions?

Homie, I followed Dral for half the game; I was right about JAY JAY being TP, too :P

Dral was trying to accuse me for quite awhile ; but I was able to convince him I was TP by showing up and trying; his vote WAS against TL; but - if he can be wrong about me, he can be wrong about TL too, I really don't think his last vote was malicious; misplaced; perhaps his gut led him astray when he was drinking; I'm not sure. :P - though I do know it HAS happened to me in the past...

On the flipside; I trust TL too, so it's as much a Majority thing as much as anything now.

Also, you tried very very very hard to catch me in something earlier on, and while it WAS fun, I'm not "forgetting" it either.

Dral and TL have both seen me play alot before and were ALOT easier to convince than you were, you HOUNDED  me to the point where it was getting redundant and staring at my screen going "BRUH, Shut Up.", you wouldn't let it go, and based on the fact that that kind of annoyed me,  and the fact that you've technically seen me post since 2012 and I don't believe you're THAT oblivious to how I play, and I really have nothing else to base this on that is based in "logic" or "reason" based on the fact that we are seemingly without ALL specials; my Vote for you will stand.

Plus, I made this gif so I'm kind of committed now.

ifbl7d.jpg

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

Homie, I followed Dral for half the game; I was right about JAY JAY being TP, too :P

Dral was trying to accuse me for quite awhile ; but I was able to convince him I was TP by showing up and trying; his vote WAS against TL; but - if he can be wrong about me, he can be wrong about TL too, I really don't think his last vote was malicious; misplaced; perhaps his gut led him astray when he was drinking; I'm not sure. :P - though I do know it HAS happened to me in the past...

On the flipside; I trust TL too, so it's as much a Majority thing as much as anything now.

Also, you tried very very very hard to catch me in something earlier on, and while it WAS fun, I'm not "forgetting" it either.

Dral and TL have both seen me play alot before and were ALOT easier to convince than you were, you HOUNDED  me to the point where it was getting redundant and staring at my screen going "BRUH, Shut Up.", you wouldn't let it go, and based on the fact that that kind of annoyed me,  and the fact that you've technically seen me post since 2012 and I don't believe you're THAT oblivious to how I play, and I really have nothing else to base this on that is based in "logic" or "reason" based on the fact that we are seemingly without ALL specials; my Vote for you will stand.

Plus, I made this gif so I'm kind of committed now.

ifbl7d.jpg

First off, I love the New Day

This is so poor at the most crucial stage of the game. Dral isn't scum, he just read Falcon, Toews, TL, and you wrong? Alright. Actually, Dral never said he thought you were TP before the Toews lynch:

On 4/22/2016 at 7:07 PM, Dral said:

If you had not redone the write up I would have voted for you then and there... good job coming back... I'm not convinced your TP, but I am glad you're not giving up...

Re: Toews/TL - if they are both mafia, then the fight has to be staged... not a bad plan considering it gives the other one real TP cred... but I'm not convinced... like you, I'd have to lean towards TL - his reasons are bad and Toews has actively scum hunted when he really shouldn't have if he was mafia...

Unless I'm completely misreading things, its got to be 1 of Toews/TL and one of Chris/Kaz (GG JJ if you're really mafia - this will be an epic end game notch on your belt)...

On 4/22/2016 at 5:24 AM, Dral said:

ahhhh $&!#... I wanted to say Chris only looks bad because he's a potato, but I said the same thing about falcon...

See how he doubts himself, as not to accidentally convince anyone you're TP, so you're still open for a lynch?

I gave you the same treatment I gave Dral and Toews. I found plenty of scummy content from you and gave my reasons to suspect you. Why shouldn't I go hard after my top suspects? You literally said you could see why I thought you were scum:

On 4/23/2016 at 11:29 PM, Chris said:

I'd really like to know too... He actually seemed like he could have been cool to have around before ditching at the last moment, I thought, and hoped it was just tactics or something until the kill showed him as TP, really disappointing to see him go out at such an important moment 

I can go along with a Dral Vote; @Time Lord You cool with that?

Vote Dral

@Kazmanian Devil Likewise; That round made me appreciate Mafia alot more than I used to. I am a pretty erratic player sometimes so I couldn't blame you for thinking I wasn't TP. :P 

This is only my 7th Mafia game. I've never played with you. I rarely read players off of history anyway.

1 minute ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

This is so poor at the most crucial stage of the game. Dral isn't scum, he just read Falcon, Toews, TL, and you wrong? Alright. Actually, Dral never said he thought you were TP before the Toews lynch:

1.See how he doubts himself, as not to accidentally convince anyone you're TP, so you're still open for a lynch?

I gave you the same treatment I gave Dral and Toews. I found plenty of scummy content from you and gave my reasons to suspect you. Why shouldn't I go hard after my top suspects? 2.You literally said you could see why I thought you were scum:

3.This is only my 7th Mafia game. I've never played with you. I rarely read players off of history anyway.

1. So he wasn't sure about me yet; Refer to point 2..

2.I could also say the exact same thing about Dral, and TL.

3.I've started drinking once again tonight, My Chiefs have lost in 6 in the Fred Page Cup Finals and this is the type of stupid mistake I make when I do that, so yeah, you're probably right and I'm thinking of one of the other numerous games we've both been involved in/you've hosted, lol.

Even if you convince me, you still have to convince one of TL or Dral to vote for Dral, a tied vote does nothing to help the TP, and your argument isn't overly convincing to me.

I will say, in your defense; I don't like how quiet @Dral has been, and I would like more input from @Time Lord on why he thinks you're the last.

16 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

See how he doubts himself, as not to accidentally convince anyone you're TP, so you're still open for a lynch?

I gave you the same treatment I gave Dral and Toews. I found plenty of scummy content from you and gave my reasons to suspect you. Why shouldn't I go hard after my top suspects? You literally said you could see why I thought you were scum:

This is only my 7th Mafia game. I've never played with you. I rarely read players off of history anyway.

I'd also like @Dral to explain this for my own sanity.

Dral

On 4/13/2016 at 4:42 AM, Dral said:

doc save me, sheriff contact me, vig kill someone.... blah blah blah.... host's a pussy :P

Says his TP catch phrase. Not putting too much value into this because it's pretty dumb and he could go back on it once, but still noteworthy.

On 4/14/2016 at 11:23 PM, Dral said:

Ugh, pass out and have 6 pages to read.... too much... need more drink....

also, I've sent everyone a PM (I think)... to talk about mafia, if you haven't gotten one from me yet, PM me asap

Another classic TP post from Dral, I think. Though I admit I can't remember for sure if he posts like this as mafia.

So... this is confirmation the investigation came up positive?

In reply to  "I shouldn't have wasted my investigation on you. :lol: unvote vote toews"

This looks bad on Dral IMO. 

unvote vote Toews

Please don't be bluffing, I might not be on again before nightfall and considering the activity level recently... ugh... I'm going to rename you BW JR

More TP-like

Yeah, there's definitely no way Jazz ever looked at a mafia wiki, or talked to other hosts, or used google, or has an imagination... with no role list it kinda feels like you're grasping at straws... I've done games where more then half the players have roles and one where everyone had one...

In reply to BW. I think it's unlikely that two mafia would argue about whether another mafia is legit. Not that it's impossible.

Kaz

On 4/14/2016 at 7:10 PM, Kazmanian Devil said:

you know very well your posts were useless

I would vote Falcon to make an impact here but I already voted him

It seems like he feels the need to show that he suspects falcon. Town cred fishing if he's mafia.

Is this your hit investigation?

vote Kaz

In reply to 112's vote for him. 112 said her investigation was a hit before this.

This looks so bad. I know he'll say he was joking but that's such an un-TP like reaction.

- Votes Qwags because he "sucks"

I've explained this, it's an easy vote to make on a teammate who is getting lynched especially with that reasoning. It's worth mentioning that the reason was only given after he was asked.

- He and falcon argued a lot. It could have been staged, but none of it seems like it was staged. They could have just been good at staging. I don't know.

I got to page 37. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

I only posted stuff that I thought was noteworthy. I did miss some stuff that's worth analyzing, but that's because I was only looking for town/mafia indicators, not things that are easily debatable.

There are 4 minor town-indicating posts and one minor scummy post for Dral, and a few notable mafia indicators for Kaz but one point that makes me doubt myself.

6 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Dral

Says his TP catch phrase. Not putting too much value into this because it's pretty dumb and he could go back on it once, but still noteworthy.

Another classic TP post from Dral, I think. Though I admit I can't remember for sure if he posts like this as mafia.

In reply to  "I shouldn't have wasted my investigation on you. :lol: unvote vote toews"

This looks bad on Dral IMO. 

More TP-like

In reply to BW. I think it's unlikely that two mafia would argue about whether another mafia is legit. Not that it's impossible.

Kaz

It seems like he feels the need to show that he suspects falcon. Town cred fishing if he's mafia.

In reply to 112's vote for him. 112 said her investigation was a hit before this.

This looks so bad. I know he'll say he was joking but that's such an un-TP like reaction.

- Votes Qwags because he "sucks"

I've explained this, it's an easy vote to make on a teammate who is getting lynched especially with that reasoning. It's worth mentioning that the reason was only given after he was asked.

- He and falcon argued a lot. It could have been staged, but none of it seems like it was staged. They could have just been good at staging. I don't know.

I got to page 37. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

I only posted stuff that I thought was noteworthy. I did miss some stuff that's worth analyzing, but that's because I was only looking for town/mafia indicators, not things that are easily debatable.

There are 4 minor town-indicating posts and one minor scummy post for Dral, and a few notable mafia indicators for Kaz but one point that makes me doubt myself.

So Dral wouldn't defend Toews as scum, but I would vote a teammate and provide no reason as scum? Got it.

Dral asking people to PM him makes him TP? Me voting for myself as a joke makes me Mafia? Brilliant.

I had the first vote on Falcon the night he was lynched. I went at Falcon all game

I was the second person to vote Toews (after you) the night he was lynched. If I was scum, why would I not vote you with Dral? I went at Toews that entire round

But yeah, bussing!

You're just putting paranoia ahead of actual evidence and it's ridiculous at this point.

TL - the post you thought was scummy, me asking 112 about the investigation... it felt like a bluff and more then one person thought so... I was leaving for work, had to put a vote on someone and didn't want to leave it on a bluff... yeah in hindsight, I shouldn't have said anything as there were probably enough people online to vote with 112 anyways...

Also - we're going to have some big debates over our respective perspective strategies this game, cause even though my conclusion was wrong, I still firmly believe my logic was sound :P

On 4/20/2016 at 2:30 AM, Kazmanian Devil said:

Upon reading TL's responses, I'd rather not touch him or Toews until absolutely necessary. Falcon or Kaz look like much safer lynches in a round where we can't afford to miss.

I implore everyone to vote for either Kaz or Falcon. One of them is surely Mafia.

unvote vote Falcon

Again, it looks like he's trying so hard to put a separation between himself and falcon

I'm at page 48 now and I don't know if anything is quote-worthy anymore because obviously the one who is mafia will be make sure they don't say anything overly suspicious.

I don't know who's mafia. Kaz has made good points, but I don't get a mafia vibe from Dral.

Archived