The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Few trades Van Edm + Van Tbay Van +Sens

With all the Tire pumping JB is doing of Demko recently and the fact that he is holding out on signing could he be on the block? With the emergence of Markstrom I'm not sure that Demko is the future I think Markstom will become a top 10 goalie in the NHL if he's developed properly. 

To Edm

Demko + Subban + Grenier rights.

To Vancouver

Yak + Edm 2nd

Next This one has been beaten to death.

To Tbay 

Mcann + 2nd + Hansen

To Van 

Drouin Sustr

To Ott

Sbisa?

To Van

Zack Smith 

2016/2017 Lineup

Sedins Sutter

Drouin Horvat Yakupov

Baer Granny Virtanen

Etem Smith Dors

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sustr

Tryamkin Larsen/Biega/Pedan

Miller/Marky

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Flame away!

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

With all the Tire pumping JB is doing of Demko recently and the fact that he is holding out on signing could he be on the block? With the emergence of Markstrom I'm not sure that Demko is the future I think Markstom will become a top 10 goalie in the NHL if he's developed properly. 

To Edm

To Vancouver

Yak + Edm 2nd

To Tbay 

Mcann + 2nd + Hansen

To Van 

Drouin Sustr

To Ott

Sbisa?

To Van

Zack Smith 

2016/2017 Lineup

Sedins Sutter

Drouin Horvat Yakupov

Baer Granny Virtanen

Etem Smith Dors

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sustr

Miller/Marky

Flame away!

Bye bye Benning

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

To Edm

To Vancouver

Yak + Edm 2nd

To Tbay 

Mcann + 2nd + Hansen

To Van 

Drouin Sustr

To Ott

Sbisa?

To Van

Zack Smith 

2016/2017 Lineup

Sedins Sutter

Drouin Horvat Yakupov

Baer Granny Virtanen

Etem Smith Dors

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sustr

Miller/Marky

Flame away!

It wouldn't look good if we acquired Yakupov for a price that steep considering we traded away a similar player in Shinkaruk. I'd much rather keep our future #1 goalie, potentially the quickest offensive defenseman ever, and a solid 4th liner than Nail at this point. It's too risky.

IMO McCann has just as much potential as Drouin. I wouldn't even do it if it was 1 for 1. But I would be interested in Sustr for a 2nd if Tampa was willing, or Sustr + a B prospect for Hansen + 2nd.

The last one is not bad though. Zack Smith did score 25 goals this past season. Sbisa is a decent two-way defenseman with physical upside, something Ottawa needs more of in the back-end. 

1 hour ago, canucksnhl said:

It wouldn't look good if we acquired Yakupov for a price that steep considering we traded away a similar player in Shinkaruk. I'd much rather keep our future #1 goalie, potentially the quickest offensive defenseman ever, and a solid 4th liner than Nail at this point. It's too risky.

IMO McCann has just as much potential as Drouin. I wouldn't even do it if it was 1 for 1. But I would be interested in Sustr for a 2nd if Tampa was willing, or Sustr + a B prospect for Hansen + 2nd.

The last one is not bad though. Zack Smith did score 25 goals this past season. Sbisa is a decent two-way defenseman with physical upside, something Ottawa needs more of in the back-end. 

Your Valuation of Drouin is way too low are you even watching the Tbay Det series Drouin is going to be a star in the NHL he's so shifty and so strong on the puck and makes smart plays with the puck. McCann is no where close to the caliber of player Drouin is but thats my opinion and you are entitled you yours. Would you let a B prospect stand in the way of making that trade?

Yak is electrifying when he's interested in playing its gotta be pretty hard to get up to play when your playing on that tank job of a team. His spirit is broken you can see it. I mean for comparison sake in terms of skilled forwards with poor defensive numbers Jamie Benn, Evander Kane, Matt duchene all rank in the bottom 10 of the league defensively. I think Yaks value is about a pick in the 25-35 range their second is going to be around 30-35 If Benning senses that Demko might not sign and wants to go to free agency where we loose him for nothing he should move the kid while he can. I don't think the value there is that out of whack especially if were potentially loosing Demko for nothing. Also if he's not gonna sign here he's probably not gonna sign there either. Troy Stetcher and Larsen signings all but sealed Subban's fate he's a goner and as for Grenier he's probably gonna walk anyway. So essentially we get Yak and a pick around 30 for absolutely nothing as far as the canucks are concerned.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

To Edm

To Vancouver

Yak + Edm 2nd

To Tbay 

Mcann + 2nd + Hansen

To Van 

Drouin Sustr

To Ott

Sbisa?

To Van

Zack Smith 

2016/2017 Lineup

Sedins Sutter

Drouin Horvat Yakupov

Baer Granny Virtanen

Etem Smith Dors

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sustr

Miller/Marky

Flame away!

What are you smoking?

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

To Edm

To Vancouver

Yak + Edm 2nd

To Tbay 

Mcann + 2nd + Hansen

To Van 

Drouin Sustr

To Ott

Sbisa?

To Van

Zack Smith 

2016/2017 Lineup

Sedins Sutter

Drouin Horvat Yakupov

Baer Granny Virtanen

Etem Smith Dors

Edler Tanev

Hutton Sustr

Miller/Marky

Flame away!

Nice try, but these don't work. We won't trade demko until we know if he will sign here. McCann may be a good reason for demko staying, not giving subban. Why do we need another centre in Smith, why do we need more guys without size in Yakupov and Drouin, the kid who refused to play in juniors. Although Sustr could be a good fit, I don't exactly see it happening. Would you take this trade:

Demko, subban, rights to grenier, McCann, Hansen, second Rd pick, (Under position 37 low) and Sbisa for Yakupov, 2nd, Drouin, Sustr, and zack smith?

Our future would be doomed

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Nice try, but these don't work. We won't trade demko until we know if he will sign here. McCann may be a good reason for demko staying, not giving subban. Why do we need another centre in Smith, why do we need more guys without size in Yakupov and Drouin, the kid who refused to play in juniors. Although Sustr could be a good fit, I don't exactly see it happening. Would you take this trade:

Demko, subban, rights to grenier, McCann, Hansen, second Rd pick, (Under position 37 low) and Sbisa for Yakupov, 2nd, Drouin, Sustr, and zack smith?

Our future would be doomed

Future would be doomed? Drouin Horvat Yak Bowser Virtanen Baertschi Gaunce Etem Granny this years 1st Tryamkin Pedan Breezy Stetcher Markstrom thats not a bad future at all. Not to mention the other bubble potential nhlers Zuccini Cassels Jasek Rodin Biega I'd say there is a log jam in the pipe line and we need to move some assets to acquire some guys who could potentially take over 1st line in the future. 

Upgrading McCann Subban Grenier and loosing Demko if were gonna loose him anyway doesn't hurt us much at all if were replacing them with players who have a much higher ceiling.

We need Smith because he replaces somewhat the versatility of hansen he can be a scorer with the Sedins or bring the ruckus and anchor our 4th line when were healthy he can bruise bodies, PK and PP and play any fwd position and happens to be pretty decent on the draw which we uh need.  

Archived