The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Don't want to read the previous 70 pages so can somebody give me some insight on his skill? I.e. shot, skating, vision, planking skills, physicality

He appears to have a very solid shot and he has good hockey IQ or vision as well.

His skating isn't bad but probably his weakest point.

Haven't seen him plank so I wouldn't know

• Upvote 1

Don't want to read the previous 70 pages so can somebody give me some insight on his skill? I.e. shot, skating, vision, planking skills, physicality

He has been used by London as their #1 shutdown centre against the top players of the OHL, but he is also one of their best danglers, snipers, and playmakers. Bo can pretty much do it all and the sky is the limit for him. His areas of improvement are definitely his skating and his physicality. He has an NHL frame at over 6'0 and 200 lbs; he just needs to learn how to get quicker and use that strength in the show.

lowend: 50-60 point shut down center identical to what Ryan Kesler was projected to be only fairly bigger at 19. Good IQ, good shot, good stick handling, great attitude. Decent speed

High end: Patrice Bergeron

Is his skating a concern? Or is it just not a strength of his?

I wouldn't say it's a concern, but it is an area of improvement for him to work on, just like his fitness and physicality. As long as Bo works hard and the Canucks develop him well with off-season training, etc, he should grow into a very strong all-around player for us.

Brendan Gaunce on the other hand, his skating is a concern, imo. Big guy who doesn't move too quick, but very smart so he plays well positionally.

Edited by BureisBest

To me he looks like he will be a 50-60 point shut down center and will be a top defensive forward. His quickness is his only flaw.

lowend: 50-60 point shut down center identical to what Ryan Kesler was projected to be only fairly bigger at 19. Good IQ, good shot, good stick handling, great attitude. Decent speed

High end: Patrice Bergeron

Are you guys kidding me?! That's high end 1st line production and coming in a shutdown role to boot?! Come on...

There are "technically" only ninety 1st line forwards in the NHL (three 1st liners x 30 teams) and Bobby Ryan was #90 w/ 48pts. Sixteen of the 30 teams make the playoffs so let's say anything below playoff calibre is typically not high end. That's "technically" 48 "high end" first line forwards. The #48 scoring forward in the league was Lucic (tied with Palat & Zucarello-Aasen) at 59pts.

Let's lower the expectations just a tad, okay? Please?!

• Upvote 2

Are you guys kidding me?! That's high end 1st line production and coming in a shutdown role to boot?! Come on...

There are "technically" only ninety 1st line forwards in the NHL (three 1st liners x 30 teams) and Bobby Ryan was #90 w/ 48pts. Sixteen of the 30 teams make the playoffs so let's say anything below playoff calibre is typically not high end. That's "technically" 48 "high end" first line forwards. The #48 scoring forward in the league was Lucic (tied with Palat & Zucarello-Aasen) at 59pts.

Thank you

Bergeron is a 50-60 pt. Centerman, that is not Bo Horvats low end potential.

Edited by Ihatetomatoes

Thank you

Bergeron is a 50-60 pt. Centerman, that is not Bo Horvats low end potential.

Yeah, that was so bizarre. The one guy even recognized Bergeron was the ceiling, not floor, but simultaneously thought 60pts was a step below Patrice.

How long before people here start calling BoHo a bust because he hasn't hit 50pt seasons in the NHL? One, two years?

Yeah, that was so bizarre. The one guy even recognized Bergeron was the ceiling, not floor, but simultaneously thought 60pts was a step below Patrice.

How long before people here start calling BoHo a bust because he hasn't hit 50pt seasons in the NHL? One, two years?

Point totals don't mean a lot for what Bergeron brings over another 60 point player

Point totals don't mean a lot for what Bergeron brings over another 60 point player

Agreed on that front but I'm not sure why suggesting a 50-60pt shutdown centre like Kesler, a three-time Selke nominee and a one time winner, as low end in comparison to Bergeron being high end, is accurate.

There isn't a big separation there. Low end ought to be much lower than a Kesler. More like Adam Henrique.

Bo will def be beter then begeron or orilley guaranteed

He has so much skill can do it all and has higher ceiling

He should make the team next year and around 50 pts after a slow start

After that will be domination of the nhl

Captain in two years

Edited by Bure to Mogilny

I dont know what I said that was so crazy? Horvat in his prime getting 50-60 points a season and being a great shut down player. What do you think is realistic then?

Im gonna say 3 years before fans start calling him a bust. I think he'll have one or two 30 point seasons in the nhl before his elc expires, and then I'm guessing he starts hitting 50+ points.

Bo will def be beter then begeron or orilley guaranteed

He has so much skill can do it all and has higher ceiling

He should make the team next year and around 50 pts after a slow start

After that will be domination of the nhl

Captain in two years

100 points 1st season or I'm calling him a bust.. He better be able to play goalie, and coach at the same time too or it was a waste of a pick.

• Upvote 2

I think he has the tools to become a 1st line centre or winger. I'll say, his high end would be what Marian Hossa is today, a consistent 25-30 goals, hoovering around 60-80 points mark. He doesn't have the explosive footwork of Hossa, but they do have a lot of similarities in their game. Not the flashiest goal scorer, great two-way player, excellent playmaker. The only thing that separates him from reaching his ceiling is his skating. He doesn't need to be the fastest, just needs to get "out of the gate" quicker.

Low end, I'll say something like Mike Fisher.

Edited by shiznak