The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Bo opened the scoring right at the 5 minute mark, with a nice feed from Anderson.

in other news, i managed to get sick seats for thursdays game from someone on my swap shop at work. STOKED

That's awesome man. Look forward to hearing your view of Bo's game.

The main reasons for the loss were Zadorov and Paterson. Horvat and Anderson actually created some good chances, decent puck possession. Domi and Tierney were total no-shows. Top 6 were benched for the last 10-12 minutes.

Bo getting buried on the Rupert line this year has always been a mystery to me. The deployment strategy for the Knights seems to be all about pumping Domi and Tierney's tires. Been waiting for exactly this to happen, when they don't show up and London gets hosed.

Also, Paterson is just....so bad. Stolarz was the biggest loss to this team by far.

Bo getting buried on the Rupert line this year has always been a mystery to me. The deployment strategy for the Knights seems to be all about pumping Domi and Tierney's tires. Been waiting for exactly this to happen, when they don't show up and London gets hosed.

Also, Paterson is just....so bad. Stolarz was the biggest loss to this team by far.

it's unfortunate, but domi and tierney get top minutes cause they're pure offense first. Tierney can't take a hit or any physicality, and Domi is one of the most selfish players i've seen. That's why Horvat has been with the Rupert's. Speaking of the Rupert's, Ryan signed his ELC yesterday with TML

it's unfortunate, but domi and tierney get top minutes cause they're pure offense first. Tierney can't take a hit or any physicality, and Domi is one of the most selfish players i've seen. That's why Horvat has been with the Rupert's. Speaking of the Rupert's, Ryan signed his ELC yesterday with TML

Well it is logical since Dale Hunter use's Horvat as a shutdown center to pair him with 2 two way forwards in the Ruperts. Tierney and Domi are the offensive players. Not saying Horvat isn't offensive, but it makes more since to play him with defensive minded players like the Ruperts if he is the shutdown center for the team. Thats a good thing actually cause Horvat plays better with solid players who can be defensively sound too, I think his game takes off much more than having the shoulder the whole line defensively.

Prime example was at the world Juniors. When paired with McDavid and Reinhart, he had to shoulder the line defensively because the other two weren't as astout in that area of the game. But when a more defensive minded player like Laughton was moved to his line, his game was a little more rounded, where he was willing to be more aggressive instead of being conservative the whole time.

Kinda like the same Situation with Kesler and the Sedins.

Well it is logical since Dale Hunter use's Horvat as a shutdown center to pair him with 2 two way forwards in the Ruperts. Tierney and Domi are the offensive players. Not saying Horvat isn't offensive, but it makes more since to play him with defensive minded players like the Ruperts if he is the shutdown center for the team. Thats a good thing actually cause Horvat plays better with solid players who can be defensively sound too, I think his game takes off much more than having the shoulder the whole line defensively.

Prime example was at the world Juniors. When paired with McDavid and Reinhart, he had to shoulder the line defensively because the other two weren't as astout in that area of the game. But when a more defensive minded player like Laughton was moved to his line, his game was a little more rounded, where he was willing to be more aggressive instead of being conservative the whole time.

Kinda like the same Situation with Kesler and the Sedins.

That's kinda why i've been talking him up to you guys all year. His stats are solid, but they don't do him justice. He's got a great forechecking game and most importantly, he finishes the play. There was a play in particular last night that stood out. He drove the puck behind the net with a defender on each side, and managed to maintain possession, and set up a blind back hand pass out front to Anderson who was robbed point blank. Perfect play. Anderson is ideal on a line with him