The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] 30 team rumour list

Just now, Pears said:

You can keep dreaming if you think Gallagher will be better than Dubois/Tkachuk/Puljujärvi. 

So a team that's starved for offence is going to trade their young, established top line winger for a player that may not even step into the line-up this year.  Sure

Just now, qwijibo said:

So a team that's starved for offence is going to trade their young, established top line winger for a player that may not even step into the line-up this year.  Sure

No, a team that is starved for offense is going to bring in Rodin etc and use their 5th overall to draft a player physically ready for the NHL that is known for scoring goals and doesn't need to be protected or paid more within 2 seasons while supplementing their offense with a UFA instead of trading their best pick in almost 20 years for a guy with 3rd line numbers.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Tkachuk or PLD might hit 40 on the Canucks their 1st season.  Try using a little foresight.  60 points is not really 1st line production either.  You said he was a 1st line winger.  Then you use the canucks as context, our WORST historical year since we drafted the twins; who had lows not seen since the early 2000's

How do his numbers stack up on contending teams' 1st lines?

Again, his position would be redundant here with Rodin etc coming in, he'd need to be protected or lost and if the rumours are true that the Habs are salivating at the thought of PLD I am sure we can do a damned site better than a guy with 3rd line production over the course of his 5 year career.

Added, and this is VERY important, people piss and moan about size all the time yet advocating bringing in a guy who is 5 foot 7 and suggesting he be put on the top 6 has me shaking my head in wonderment really.

The 9th and gallagher for the 5th would be a criminal underpayment

I love how you chastise others for over valuing potential of picks then totally undervalue a guy like Gallagher. If that's truely the return you're expecting then prepare yourself to be disappointed.   

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Gallagher and the 9th..blech.

A 45 point average 3rd line player and the 9th for the 5th please god no.

I lol how people are all over this yet I see (and not speaking of you honestly just some of the posters advocating this exact trade) those same posters saying Subban is too small for the NHL

For the 5th overall I think we can do better than Gallagher

And Montreal is laughing too.  Gallagher is the heart of their group.  The 5th probably wouldn't be enough.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No, a team that is starved for offense is going to bring in Rodin etc and use their 5th overall to draft a player physically ready for the NHL that is known for scoring goals and doesn't need to be protected or paid more within 2 seasons while supplementing their offense with a UFA instead of trading their best pick in almost 20 years for a guy with 3rd line numbers.

I can't take anyone who calls Gallagher a 3rd liner seriously.  You enjoy your day

9 hours ago, IBacon Strips said:

Would 5th  + Grenier + Tanev and maybe whatever pick we get in the Hamhuis rights trade for Faulk + 13th be reasonable for both sides? Personally I wouldn't mind this type of deal, but I'd prefer moving Edler over Tanev. Taking it one step further and offering the 13th + Pedan/Cassels for the 10th out of Colorado so we can safely draft Jost?

The 5th and Virtanen could maybe get it done.  This is one of the highest scoring Dmen in the league, and he's young.  If your proposal includes fobbing off guys that you don't like, then you're more than likely wearing blue and green lenses.

Just now, qwijibo said:

I love how you chastise others for over valuing potential of picks then totally undervalue a guy like Gallagher. If that's truely the return you're expecting then prepare yourself to be disappointed.   

So you'd be ok trading say the 5th overall to Buffalo for their pick and Foligno right?  No?

What about to the Avs for Grigerenko and the 10th?

To Jersey for Devante Smith Pelly or Kyle Palmeiri and the 11th?

Comparable players all around for TOI vs point production and really close 9/10/11 for draft position.

It isn't a chastisement, it's factual

The 9th and a guy who barring last year is a career .41 point average player or a 45 point per season (ish) guy in his career is not worth the 5th overall to us.  

We've done EXACTLY that since our inception, traded futures for NHL ready guys.  Remind me again how many Stanley Cup banners hang in our rafters doing it?

Might be time to start drafting/developing instead for once in over 40 years and see where that gets us

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

You can keep dreaming if you think Gallagher will be better than Dubois/Tkachuk/Puljujärvi. 

I don't think anyone is saying Gallagher is better than those available at 5. But who we would pick at 9 could be just as good as those at 5 and then Gallagher becomes a bonus. Its a risk but worth considering I think. There will be some very good options at 9

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I can't take anyone who calls Gallagher a 3rd liner seriously.  You enjoy your day

I can't take anyone who refuses to look at the numbers and pretend he is anything but seriously, carry on.

It's like taking Burrows or Hansen away from the twins and pretending their 1st line players.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So you'd be ok trading say the 5th overall to Buffalo for their pick and Foligno right?  No?

Comparable players all around for TOI vs point production and really close 9/10/11 for draft position.

It isn't a chastisement, it's factual

The 9th and a guy who barring last year is a career .41 point average player or a 45 point per season (ish) guy in his career is not worth the 5th overall to us.  

We've done EXACTLY that since our inception, traded futures for NHL ready guys.  Remind me again how many Stanley Cup banners hang in our rafters doing it?

Might be time to start drafting/developing instead for once in over 40 years and see where that gets us

Foligno and Gallagher................do you watch hockey?

4 minutes ago, Progressive Hockey said:

Gally Burrows/Hansen isn't a player you can label a 3rd liner or a first liner. He can play anywhere in the top 9. His style of play would be a welcomed addition to any teams top 9.

FTFY

Now, would anyone be willing to pay the 5th overall for a Burrows/Hansen and the 9th?

8 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You don't actually think that this is a sound argument, do you?

You don't actually think it isn't do you?

In their 20's they were the perfect utility players.  People out of nowhere have Hansen penciled in as a 1st line staple when he's an elite 3rd liner.  Gallagher is no different, great utility player can move up the depth charts sure.  but not a 1st line player like Hansen or Burrows from 3 years ago.

Again I will ask  

5th overall to Buffalo for their pick and Foligno?

Would you be ok with that or them?

Archived