The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] 30 team rumour list

7 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Boedker has shades of Raymond in terms of consistency.  It may well be a worthwhile gamble, but he's looking for 5.5, which seems like the kind contract he could never live up to.  On the other hand, there are a tonne of decent wingers on the market this year, so maybe the prices will stay a little lower.

Perron, on the other hand, I just don't like.  That is one inconsistent player.

I agree, no interest in Perron. I was thinking about what Boedker would cost, sounds about right for him to ask for that, but I think he could be had for a bit cheaper, I guess we will see. 4.6 for 4 years would be nice, the guy has been streaky but I think could really find another level at this point in his career with a good fit. I think he would do well with Horvat. 

3 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Stop offering Tanev please.  It would be Edler if anyone.

I'm in total agreement. 

Tanev is a mainstay on our blueline. As it appears Hammer will be the odd man out (which sucks and, I believe, a mistake), Tanev and Edler need to be split up and put with new partners.

Edler              Gudbranson

Hutton            Tanev

Tryamkin        Sbisa

Biega/Pedan

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

If Dubois is still there and depending on how highly Montreal values him, the 9th and Gallagher should at least get Benning thinking long and hard about it. 

Gallagher and the 9th..blech.

A 45 point average 3rd line player and the 9th for the 5th please god no.

I lol how people are all over this yet I see (and not speaking of you honestly just some of the posters advocating this exact trade) those same posters saying Subban is too small for the NHL

For the 5th overall I think we can do better than Gallagher

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Sign Hammer to a couple more years, and trade Tanev to the Oilers for pick # 4.  Then draft PLD and MT.  That's a lot like 1999.  

not even that, you need composure on the blue line, Edler and Sbisa are two players that lack composure, and are horrible at playing match-ups.

I dont give two craps if Edler has a ntc, maybe Linden and Benning should man up and speak to him, hell they should demand it and explain the expansion draft. This team is ran by management group who think EDLER is a freaking elite defencemen. Those days are gone, getting rid of a olympic gold medalist, a player TEAM CANADA wants shows you how smart our management group is. 

dumb plays in the worlds by Edler, suspension worthy, freaking guy runs around in the playoffs  and loses key players. If our management cant see this then kudos to the clowns running the show, just count the 3 years.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Sign Hammer to a couple more years, and trade Tanev to the Oilers for pick # 4.  Then draft PLD and MT.  That's a lot like 1999.  

I'd actually do that.  Would hate it, but would do it

Unsure that Chia and the Oil would though.  Although if Hamonic/Barrie etc are all off the table...might be the Oils best chance for a dance partner to shore up that D

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

not even that, you need composure on the blue line, Edler and Sbisa are two players that lack composure, and are horrible at playing match-ups.

I dont give two craps if Edler has a ntc, maybe Linden and Benning should man up and speak to him, hell they should demand it and explain the expansion draft. This team is ran by management group who think EDLER is a freaking elite defencemen. Those days are gone, getting rid of a olympic gold medalist, a player TEAM CANADA wants shows you how smart our management group is. 

Is Edler worth much though.  The way you describe him, he has little or no value in trade.  Tanev just might have HUGE value, to the right team?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Gallagher and the 9th..blech.

A 45 point average 3rd line player and the 9th for the 5th please god no.

I lol how people are all over this yet I see (and not speaking of you honestly just some of the posters advocating this exact trade) those same posters saying Subban is too small for the NHL

For the 5th overall I think we can do better than Gallagher

Wow, nothing you said is accurate.  Gallagher is a top line winger who was on pace for 60 points before breaking his hand blocking a shot last season.  He hasnt pkayed on the 3rd line since his rookie season.  He's only 24 and on a great deal. Montreal wouldn't move him for the 5th straight up, let alone adding the 9th

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd actually do that.  Would hate it, but would do it

Unsure that Chia and the Oil would though.  Although if Hamonic/Barrie etc are all off the table...might be the Oils best chance for a dance partner to shore up that D

I would absolutely hate this too.  I hated trading Mcabe in '99.  I think the most fair trades hurt a bit, for both sides.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Edler worth much though.  The way you describe him, he has little or no value in trade.  Tanev just might have HUGE value, to the right team?

thats the thing mr ALF, I was like this but I realized Tanev is young, years from now on he can be a premier shut down guy. Unless they have a plan to sign Yandle after they trade Tanev then moving tanev will leave  a huge hole on our defence. After watching him play in the Worlds underpressure, he was one of the best defencemen, moving a guy like Tanev makes no sense when Edler should be the guy out.

what can the Oilers offer for Tanev, WE seen Benning trade.,So will the oilers give us hopkins for Tanev

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Wow, nothing you said is accurate.  Gallagher is a top line winger who was on pace for 60 points before breaking his hand blocking a shot last season.  He hasnt pkayed on the 3rd line since his rookie season.  He's only 24 and on a great deal. Montreal wouldn't move him for the 5th straight up, let alone adding the 9th

Well then too damned bad for MTL.  In my opinion he's not worth it and for the 5th they'd need to do better

A 45 point per season average or career .41 point getter is not 1st line production and would be barely 2nd line production on a bubble team.  He's 24 and while on a great deal would also need to be protected.  PLD or MT would be more beneficial to the team long term and wouldn't need protection at all.

Yes last season was looking good, but prior that 47 points in a full season is not uber impressive.  Sorry

I cannot fathom how people in one breath can suggest we sell the damned farm for a top 10 pick, and in the other suggest that our 5th overall is basically for all intents and purposes worthless

Edit**  Aside from his factual roster spot, what again did I say that was inaccurate?

3 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

thats the thing mr ALF, I was like this but I realized Tanev is young, years from now on he can be a premier shut down guy. Unless they have a plan to sign Yandle after they trade Tanev then moving tanev will leave  a huge hole on our defence. After watching him play in the Worlds underpressure, he was one of the best defencemen, moving a guy like Tanev makes no sense when Edler should be the guy out.

what can the Oilers offer for Tanev, WE seen Benning trade.,So will the oilers give us hopkins for Tanev

I agree that Tanev is an excellent player, and should only be traded if the return is a top 5 pick, or a potential number one center, who is still young.  Is RNH a potential number one center?  I've heard Matt Duchene's name floated, but I don't know if Colorado needs a D-man like Tanev enough to give up Duchene for him?

Just now, Alflives said:

I agree that Tanev is an excellent player, and should only be traded if the return is a top 5 pick, or a potential number one center, who is still young.  Is RNH a potential number one center?  I've heard Matt Duchene's name floated, but I don't know if Colorado needs a D-man like Tanev enough to give up Duchene for him?

it would hurt by Hopkins for Tanev, will give us a elite center to build around, would fill a huge hole. Hopkins is a good player, regardless of what the critics say, but knowing Benning he is going to go after size. Freaking Benning!

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Well then too damned bad for MTL.  IN my opinion he's not worth it and for the 5th they'd need to do better

A 45 point per season average is not 1st line production and would be barely 2nd line production on a bubble team.  He's 24 and while on a great deal would also need to be protected.  PLD or MT would be more beneficial to the team and wouldn't need protection at all.

I cannot fathom how people in one breath can suggest we sell the damned farm for a top 10 pick, and in the other suggest that our 5th overall is basically for all intents and purposes worthless

His 40 points last year would have put him 3rd in scoring on the canucks and he only played 53 games.  Try using a little context.  Gallagher will likely hit 60+_ points this season. 

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

it would hurt by Hopkins for Tanev, will give us a elite center to build around, would fill a huge hole. Hopkins is a good player, regardless of what the critics say, but knowing Benning he is going to go after size. Freaking Benning!

I'm thinking RNH is still only 23, and he gets pushed around a lot like Hank did when he was that age.  I wonder if it would be really good for RNH to play with Hank for a couple of years to learn?  RNH is a local boy too, and JB has shown a liking for the local guys, hasn't he?  

Just now, qwijibo said:

His 40 points last year would have put him 3rd in scoring on the canucks and he only played 53 games.  Try using a little context.  Gallagher will likely hit 60+_ points this season. 

Tkachuk or PLD might hit 40 on the Canucks their 1st season.  Try using a little foresight.  60 points is not really 1st line production either.  You said he was a 1st line winger.  Then you use the canucks as context, our WORST historical year since we drafted the twins; who had lows not seen since the early 2000's

How do his numbers stack up on contending teams' 1st lines?

Again, his position would be redundant here with Rodin etc coming in, he'd need to be protected or lost and if the rumours are true that the Habs are salivating at the thought of PLD I am sure we can do a damned site better than a guy with 3rd line production over the course of his 5 year career.

Added, and this is VERY important, people piss and moan about size all the time yet advocating bringing in a guy who is 5 foot 7 and suggesting he be put on the top 6 has me shaking my head in wonderment really.

The 9th and gallagher for the 5th would be a criminal underpayment

Archived