The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] 30 team rumour list

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would pretty much trade any of the forwards taken at #5 in the last 20 years for Faulk. And that includes Kessel and Vanek.

Players like this that are in their prime are almost impossible to get.

I wonder if Carolina's financial situation is forcing them to throw in the towel and cut salary. Maybe they'd have interest in taking Burrows' contract to get to the salary cap floor.

I think they would rather overpay a free agent that could bring more to the table than Burrows 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

The 'quality' of speculation I'd expect out of Toronto where the Canucks are concerned.

There's probably not much to these rumors.

However if there's any truth to the rumors about Faulk and Trouba this may be our best chance to get that D-man we need. 

We're not likely going to be in a better position to acquire a player like that any time soon. I hope Benning is exploring every avenue to get us that young puck mover.

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I think they would rather overpay a free agent that could bring more to the table than Burrows 

The thing with Burrows is his cap hit is 1.5 mil higher than his salary.

Could be attractive for a team looking to get to the cap floor while cutting salary.

We'd probably have to add a piece like Granlund like Chicago did with Bickell.

This account obviously has multiples. Look up "Karan Thakur" @KTHAKUR20 

It's literally the exact same tweets posted at the same time. 

If you spew out 30 reasonable suggestions every day or so, you're bound to hit on one or two some of the time.

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

How good is Trouba?

I just know he is young. 

5th OA straight up for Trouba? Is he that good? 

He's one of the smoothest skating D-men in the league and can pretty much play in any situation.

I would say he's on the verge of becoming an elite defenseman. If he breaks out next year good luck ever acquiring him.

That being said I think if the cost is the same Faulk is the guy you go for. He's more of a sure thing and is locked into a great deal. He has also won at every level he's played at. If Carolina is crazy enough to move him, a 5th overall pick would be larceny.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He's one of the smoothest skating D-men in the league and can pretty much play in any situation.

I would say he's on the verge of becoming an elite defenseman. If he breaks out next year good luck ever acquiring him.

That being said I think if the cost is the same Faulk is the guy you go for. He's more of a sure thing and is locked into a great deal. He has also won at every level he's played at. If Carolina is crazy enough to move him, a 5th overall pick would be larceny.

So I guess 5th OA alone isnt enough

What about 5th OA + Horvat. Im not saying to trade this. Im just trying to get an idea of what Trouba's trade value is haha 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

What about 5th OA + Horvat. Im not saying to trade this. Im just trying to get an idea of what Trouba's trade value is haha 

Well if the Oilers have caught wind he's available they'd likely offer the 4th plus a young player. I don't think we could compete with their offer.

I think Carolina would be a better trading partner because of the position they're in. 

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

5 + Horvat would be an overpayment. 5 + McCann would've been fair but they'd reject it. Reasonably stomachache for both sides would be 5 + Virtanen but Canucks should reject that. Vancouver just doesn't have the assets to even try. Anything they give up to get him just creates another hole

52 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

5th + Hansen+ Sbisa to CAR for Faulk+ CAR 3rd

Tanev+ 2017 1st for Duchenne + 2017 2nd

sign Hammer and Ericksson

sedin Sedin Ericksson

beartschi Duchenne Sutter

virtanen Horvat Etem

gaunce Granlund Dorsette

Denied and denied by both. 

3 hours ago, The Weasel said:

I think there was a rumour that the B's were going after him at the trade deadline as well.

I think GMJB could make up for TDL inaction by 1. trading Hamuis' rights for a draft pick 2. sign Hamhuis once free agency opens and leave one less defenceman for another team to have. It's like pool, its not just the shots you make, its the position you leave the table if you happen to miss.....

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I would trade the 5th and other pieces for Trouba or Faulk in a heartbeat.

Those two are the type of players we need more than we need Dubois or Tkachuk.

With the addition of Gudbranson this  team's d is solid. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Faulk or Trouba aswell but not at the price of our 5th.

The Sedins will be gone very soon and the succession plan needs to happen now. You can't  get much better of a start than Tkachuk or Dubios. 

6 minutes ago, The-Gooch said:

With the addition of Gudbranson this  team's d is solid. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Faulk or Trouba aswell but not at the price of our 5th.

The Sedins will be gone very soon and the succession plan needs to happen now. You can't  get much better of a start than Tkachuk or Dubios. 

I just think first line forwards are easier to draft and acquire, and they typically take less time to develop.

If you have a chance to acquire a number 1 D-man in his prime that can put up 50 points you do it. They're more valuable than most first line forwards IMO.

Not to mention the jury is still out on Dubois. He could be another Jamie Benn, or could end up being closer to a Derick Brassard type player. Faulk on the other hand is not a gamble, the guys a stud. Acquiring him and Gudbranson in the same offseason would pretty much fill out our D-core for the future.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I just think first line forwards are easier to draft and acquire, and they typically take less time to develop.

If you have a chance to acquire a number 1 D-man in his prime that can put up 50 points you do it. They're more valuable than most first line forwards IMO.

Not to mention the jury is still out on Dubois. He could be another Jamie Benn, or could end up being closer to a Derick Brassard type player. Faulk on the other hand is not a gamble, the guys a stud. Acquiring him and Gudbranson in the same offseason would pretty much fill out our D-core for the future.

Has Gudbranson reached his ceiling yet? If not what is he? Top 4? Can he be top 2? 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Has Gudbranson reached his ceiling yet? If not what is he? Top 4? Can he be top 2? 

I don't think he's reached his ceiling at all. I don't think Florida even tried to explore his ceiling to be honest. They seemed to just put him in a stay at home role because they didn't really have other D-men to eat up those tough D-zone minutes.

I would love to see him be given the green light to jump up in the play a bit more. He has a wicked shot that should be utilized more.

I could see him being a great number 2 to a more mobile puck mover. I hope the coaches here encourage him to explore is offensive game more because it's not like he doesn't have the tools.

Archived