The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

3 minutes ago, wren223 said:

One team is better than no team. It was a hard trade and situation that Benning pulled off. Kesler could have just as easily said no straight up. More over it was just noting that Benning has experience working with players who have no trades so not moving Tanev before his kicks isn't the end of the world.

Overall, I don't want to overpay for the 3OA. Tanev is a valuable assest and should be fine to get that 3OA. He also fixes an area of concern for them and really helps their team. That can't be ignored either.

Kesler was never asked to waive it, he asked to be traded and then gave Benning his long list of teams he'd go to which included Anaheim and, well Anaheim

3 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

Kesler was never asked to waive it, he asked to be traded and then gave Benning his long list of teams he'd go to which included Anaheim and, well Anaheim

Yeah but bro we got a cornerstone of a franchise player in the trade. Jared McCann...

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah but bro we got a cornerstone of a franchise player in the trade. Jared McCann...

I never said he was a stud, I said I wouldnt trade him and a second for Gudbranson. Major difference. Just because you have Guddys poster on your wall doesn't mean you have to be so sensitive. 

2 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

I never said he was a stud, I said I wouldnt trade him and a second for Gudbranson. Major difference. Just because you have Guddys poster on your wall doesn't mean you have to be so sensitive. 

Rather have a poster of an nhler on my wall than a never has been.

8 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

My bad. got the order mixed. Insert Garrison or Bieksa instead. Point was that Benning has experience working with players with no trade clauses.

I think he did well getting what he did out of Anaheim.

4 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

Absolutely. The Garrison deal made me way too happy haha 

Oh straight up on that. Often Benning gets hammered for his trades but he did some great work with Garrison and Kesler, and Bieksa was a decent return too.

2 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict they trade for 1st overall and take Nico Hischier  and at 5th Cale Makar.

It is written, It shall be done.

I think that would cost us Bo, and that means NO!!!!

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It does make a decent arugment for if a D is better ranked and has more potential do you take him? Second line centre, maybe first, versus top-pairing dman who is on the offensive side? I guess it's the whole debate of drafting, it's all about potential.

However, the more I hear it the more I'm starting to side with taking Makar if he's there at 5. The kid has a whole lot of potential and fills a major need. Other need is a number one centre, if Horvat isn't that, but I don't think that's there in this draft at 5. Ah, I'll just have to wait until the 23!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wren223 said:

Oh straight up on that. Often Benning gets hammered for his trades but he did some great work with Garrison and Kesler, and Bieksa was a decent return too.

He's definitely made a few deals I really like. Baertschi was a killer pick up and Granlund was too but he's sure made some super questionable moves as well. Sometimes I just scratch my head in disbelief. I really don't like all the mixed messages him and trevor have sent to the fanbase, they must think the heavy majority of us are dumb. But you gotta give him props for the good moves he's made, and he's definitely made more than a couple 

Just now, ashlynnbrookefan said:

He's definitely made a few deals I really like. Baertschi was a killer pick up and Granlund was too but he's sure made some super questionable moves as well. Sometimes I just scratch my head in disbelief. I really don't like all the mixed messages him and trevor have sent to the fanbase, they must think the heavy majority of us are dumb. But you gotta give him props for the good moves he's made, and he's definitely made more than a couple 

Like the Ericsson signing? I get why but it just also wasn't such a great deal. It gave that mixed signal, rebuild? no? make the playoffs? huh?

Yes, he has. You read some posts on here and he is the most incompetent GM out there but really he's done some great work.

1 minute ago, wren223 said:

Like the Ericsson signing? I get why but it just also wasn't such a great deal. It gave that mixed signal, rebuild? no? make the playoffs? huh?

Yes, he has. You read some posts on here and he is the most incompetent GM out there but really he's done some great work.

He definitely has but all in all I'm not a fan of his. I don't think he should be lynched but I think he needs to figure out what direction the team is headed and go with it, and that direction needs to be rebuild haha. Not moving Hamhuis or Vrbata a couple years ago really hurt. I just don't like the asset management. I love Tanev but he needs to go and it needs to be for futures. Picks and prospects is what we need above all else

2 minutes ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

He definitely has but all in all I'm not a fan of his. I don't think he should be lynched but I think he needs to figure out what direction the team is headed and go with it, and that direction needs to be rebuild haha. Not moving Hamhuis or Vrbata a couple years ago really hurt. I just don't like the asset management. I love Tanev but he needs to go and it needs to be for futures. Picks and prospects is what we need above all else

All reports read that he tried to move them. Hamhuis was being difficult about his ntc and vrbata just sucked no competing team wanted him especially for an asset.

• Upvote 1