The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

8 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

i have no idea if day/night changes the types and/or frequency. when i went out last night i certainly found a few that i hadn't previously found - namely, a Gastly, which is kind of a spooky one. coulda just been a coincidence though

Time of day does matter. At night you are more likely to fight pokemon like gastly or zubats ect... it is still possible to find them during the day.

Also you will get more spawns during the day because spawning is determined by cellular traffic in the area. At least that what i read on twitter.

3 hours ago, Mr.Habitat said:

Started with a bulbasaur and havnt seen a single wild one yet. Frustrating 

I'm having the same issue with Squirtle

5 hours ago, Hobble said:

Reached level 9, used a lucky egg, and got to level 11 by the end of it! They work wonders, almost at level 12.

Had a CP357 Tauros run on me last night, soooo disappointed.

Yeah. Basically catch as many &^@#ing Pidgey's as you can, turn on the Lucky Egg.....and evolve away. :lol:

1 hour ago, Incursio said:

I'm having the same issue with Squirtle

I picked Squirtle as well. I've only ran into another one once, and it was like 4 days ago......and my game froze during battle.

16 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah. Basically catch as many &^@#ing Pidgey's as you can, turn on the Lucky Egg.....and evolve away. :lol:

I picked Squirtle as well. I've only ran into another one once, and it was like 4 days ago......and my game froze during battle.

That must have been infuriating 

Does it even matter if you pick Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, etc.?  

The Squirtles I found are already more powerful than the one I started with. Shouldn't I just turn the original one into candy and upgrade my higher level ones?

2 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Does it even matter if you pick Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, etc.?  

The Squirtles I found are already more powerful than the one I started with. Shouldn't I just turn the original one into candy and upgrade my higher level ones?

It does seem kinda cold to 86 your starter in favour of the more powerful ones...but yeah...that's the best thing to do.

omg just set off some incense for my walk home, which was about 40 minutes. i'd say 75% of my catches lagged out, and i only got 2 pokespots - the rest all said "try again later"

the game is incredibly laggy today

28 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

omg just set off some incense for my walk home, which was about 40 minutes. i'd say 75% of my catches lagged out, and i only got 2 pokespots - the rest all said "try again later"

the game is incredibly laggy today

I've only been able to sign in once.

Was going to take over a gym by my work after my shift today, but despite being right beside the gym it said I was too far away. Tried re-opening the app and then couldn't connect to the servers...

I really don't understand how the game works, I just try and catch Pokemon. Only on level 5 and have been on that level for awhile. 

Also it seems that my wife's work has lots of pokestops, well at least to me it seems like a lot. It's by Broadway and Renfrew, the bclc, bell and bc ambulance buildings. 

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I've only been able to sign in once.

Was going to take over a gym by my work after my shift today, but despite being right beside the gym it said I was too far away. Tried re-opening the app and then couldn't connect to the servers...

I went to Grouse to do the grind today, and tried looking for Pokemon as I was hiking up. My game showed nothing on the map....and I kept thinking damn that kind of sucks there's nothing up here.

Then I get signed out and log back in....and there's PokeStops and gyms all the way up the trail, and a lot of them at the top. I missed out.

Here's a couple of reddit guides for anyone who is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sd611/a_guide_to_pokemon_go_leveling_your_trainer/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4ruand/pokémon_go_lengthy_introduction_guide/

They are both handy in their own way. Let me know if anyone has any questions, I'm in Aus and level 21.