The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] WPG-VAN

[Proposal] WPG-VAN  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, bleedblue2017 said:

Do you really think it matters what hand these guys shoot, I mean they are all in the NHL for a reason, and I am quite sure that if Crosby shot from his opposite side, he still would have been drafted by PIT. By the way philosophy is a joke, it only posses questions to question and never explains or answers anything, it does not even argue anything, just a bunch of talking in circles. For example, is a circle a circle? Are you really reading this? Does this tread really exist? Is the sky really up?

Actually it does really matter.  The great Soviet teams of the 70s had no right handed shots, excluding the goalies.  Teams winning Cups have (almost always) Left shooting number one centres.  Great teams have left shooting number one centres.  It's really not philosophical, it's fact.  Our chances of winning a Cup with Bo at number one centre are far far better than with Scheifele.  

3 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Not gonna lie, I forgot that I even started this topic. It's turned out to be a bit of a bar fight hahahaha.

It's essentially Alf (aka: desi 2.0) stating that no player is greater than a current Canuck.

The trade itself can be summed up like this from Winnipeg's side as to why they would never do it:

- They just extended Scheifele

- Each year he's improved his numbers, and his first and second year numbers were better than Horvat's

- He's 3 inches taller than Horvat. Size is still key in the NHL.

- His off season work ethic is the best on the team. He's girlfriend, who's also an Olympic athlete, also knows a thing or two about training year round. This guy's entire year is focused on training, even when he's around his girlfriend.

- He missed 11 games last season and was one goal shy of 30.

Horvat's good, and Canuck fans and management shouldn't even be considering trading him. And that's also where the Jets are at. They are not trading Scheifele. Not unless they are getting a better #1 center back in return. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Actually it does really matter.  The great Soviet teams of the 70s had no right handed shots, excluding the goalies.  Teams winning Cups have (almost always) Left shooting number one centres.  Great teams have left shooting number one centres.  It's really not philosophical, it's fact.  Our chances of winning a Cup with Bo at number one centre are far far better than with Scheifele.  

wow, I guess I will have to look into that more, I never would have guessed that, hhhmmm. I agree philosophy has nothing to do with fact.

Archived