The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] WPG-VAN

[Proposal] WPG-VAN  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Want a better chance at a Cup; have a left shot number one centre.  

I feel like you might be jumping to conclusions.  Is it possible that the data indicates a coincidence, considering that many more players are left-handed, and the last several cup winners are repeats?

Just now, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I feel like you might be jumping to conclusions.  Is it possible that the data indicates a coincidence, considering that many more players are left-handed, and the last several cup winners are repeats?

Could be.  Yup. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Could be.  Yup. 

You asked me earlier if I like to argue, but the comment in question was a chastisement, not an argument.  An argument is when you proceed from a premise, through a chain of logic, to a conclusion.  And yes I would be interested.

Are you going to suggest that there is a logical reason for the prevalence of left-handed centers?  That would be the type of thing that I'm sure we would all welcome.  We could then, theoretically, move on to what is called a debate.

I seriously am interested in your argument here, all arrogance aside.

1 minute ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You asked me earlier if I like to argue, but the comment in question was a chastisement, not an argument.  An argument is when you proceed from a premise, through a chain of logic, to a conclusion.  And yes I would be interested.

Are you going to suggest that there is a logical reason for the prevalence of left-handed centers?  That would be the type of thing that I'm sure we would all welcome.  We could then, theoretically, move on to what is called a debate.

I seriously am interested in your argument here, all arrogance aside.

I accept that.  From what I can remember, there are very few teams winning Cups with right shooting number one centres.  I know of Krejci, Mario, and were there any others?  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I accept that.  From what I can remember, there are very few teams winning Cups with right shooting number one centres.  I know of Krejci, Mario, and were there any others?  

It's interesting, and I'm scratching my head trying to remember, but it's not very compelling because I can't figure out how right-handedness could be a disadvantage.  According to goalies I've talked to, the right-handed shooter is a lot harder to stop on the glove side.

2 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

It's interesting, and I'm scratching my head trying to remember, but it's not very compelling because I can't figure out how right-handedness could be a disadvantage.  According to goalies I've talked to, the right-handed shooter is a lot harder to stop on the glove side.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with shooting, but more to do with passing?  

On August 8, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Alflives said:

Aside from Mario twice in a row in the 90s? Yeah, Yzerman twice in a row in the 90s.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Aside from Mario twice in a row in the 90s? Yeah, Yzerman twice in a row in the 90s.

So five times in 50 years, and twice by two of the greatest ever.  I'm sticking with the lefty - Bo all the way to the Cup.

On 8/6/2016 at 1:59 PM, IbanezRG said:

To Winnipeg: Bo Horvat (+/-)

To Vancouver: Mark Schiefele (+/-)

Pull the trigger or no?

We would not trade Bo for anything close to equal value. His O is going to come along. His D is incredible. His FO's are so, so needed. The only way we are trading our future Captain is if we get unequal, ridiculous value for him. Not seeing it.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎08 at 11:09 AM, Baggins said:

We did and we lost to a team with a right shot #1 center.....

Do you really think it matters what hand these guys shoot, I mean they are all in the NHL for a reason, and I am quite sure that if Crosby shot from his opposite side, he still would have been drafted by PIT. By the way philosophy is a joke, it only posses questions to question and never explains or answers anything, it does not even argue anything, just a bunch of talking in circles. For example, is a circle a circle? Are you really reading this? Does this tread really exist? Is the sky really up?

42 minutes ago, bleedblue2017 said:

Do you really think it matters what hand these guys shoot, I mean they are all in the NHL for a reason, and I am quite sure that if Crosby shot from his opposite side, he still would have been drafted by PIT. By the way philosophy is a joke, it only posses questions to question and never explains or answers anything, it does not even argue anything, just a bunch of talking in circles. For example, is a circle a circle? Are you really reading this? Does this tread really exist? Is the sky really up?

Sounds like you don't really understand philosophy ;) 

Archived