The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R2-D2 Is Dead

SabreFan1

I was just playing with my last post :P

It was just how I took it from what you said, I guess I read it in a more negative tone in my head than you actually meant it. My bad

Well I didn't watch any star wars movies but I never would of thought they had someone in that trash can.  I mean, my parents bought a hi-fi Zenith VCR in the early 80's that had a 'space phone.' button that I thought I could talk to astronauts with so you know how kids are with their imagination.  Turns out the space phone button was a huge tease:

Space phone[edit]

Some models of Zenith's System 3 brand of televisions made from the late 1970s to the early 1990s had a feature named the Space Phone by Zenith. It was basically a hands-free speakerphone built into the television set. It used the set's speaker and remote control, in addition to a built-in microphone. A Space Phone-enabled television would connect to a telephone jack (using a built-in phone cord), and making a call was performed by pressing a button on the remote to activate the Space Phone (which would mute and begin controlling the program audio going to the speaker). The telephone number is dialed using the numeric keys on the remote, which then displays the digits being dialed on-screen (using the on-screen display features of the System 3 line). The user could then converse with another caller hands-free, much like a regular speakerphone.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I didn't watch any star wars movies but I never would of thought they had someone in that trash can.  I mean, my parents bought a hi-fi Zenith VCR in the early 80's that had a 'space phone.' button that I thought I could talk to astronauts with so you know how kids are with their imagination.  Turns out the space phone button was a huge tease:

I remember in the mid 90s how the next big thing was going to be video phones. Well we did get them, just not dedicated ones. 20 years ago I would have never imagined our phones today would be more powerful than our computers back then. It is nice though having been a teen in the infancy of the internet, my generation doesn't really experience the technology gap my parents generation does, or did.

Archived