The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 RFA signing (Proposal)

J.I.A.H.N

On 9/18/2016 at 9:30 AM, Monty said:

Well, those are fine thoughts to have, but they are wrong. Proof is that it has been said for years as to why offer sheets don't occur. 

Case in point, Dougie Hamilton. Boston knew they couldn't re-sign him, and Calgary wanted him. Instead of going the offer sheet route, when only the Oilers have done so in the last decade, they just traded picks instead, as to not inflate contracts.

Shea Weber says hi...

On 18 September 2016 at 6:10 AM, janisahockeynut said:

I made a math error WH

54,250 ÷ 7 = 7.750 per Warhippy

Which is a 1st,  2nd, and a 3rd by next year

Draisaitl is worth way more than that in picks....way more.......

Peace

Actually to determine compensation - the total salary gets divided by maximum 5 years even if the contract is longer.  So in this case the AAV to determine the picks is 54.250 / 5 years = 10.85M  

So 4 x 1st round picks.

5 hours ago, mll said:

Actually to determine compensation - the total salary gets divided by maximum 5 years even if the contract is longer.  So in this case the AAV to determine the picks is 54.250 / 5 years = 10.85M  

So 4 x 1st round picks.

I actually read something about that, so let back it up a little..........

What about $7,750,000 per year for 5 years, which is something like $38,750,000 over the life

Same contract, numbers just took 2 years off of the term........I think that works????

I think we have to think outside the box, or there is potential we will spend 5 or more years in hell

On 18/09/2016 at 8:04 PM, mpt said:

The oilers won't have any cap space in the future when they need to spend 15 millions a season on McJesus and they are still stuck eating Lucic's salary

Lucic would get caught later that week with illégal substances in his posession And everything would be fine and mcdavid could bring the leagues 2nd favorite team to thé Promise land

On 18/09/2016 at 8:04 PM, mpt said:

The oilers won't have any cap space in the future when they need to spend 15 millions a season on McJesus and they are still stuck eating Lucic's salary

Lucic would get caught later that week with illégal substances in his posession And everything would be fine and mcdavid could bring the leagues 2nd favorite team to thé Promise land

Archived