The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bertuzzi rejoins Red Wings - Darren Helm placed on long-term injured reserve

DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings today recalled left wing Tyler Bertuzzi from the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins. Additionally, the Red Wings placed Darren Helm on long-term injured reserve.

Bertuzzi was assigned to Grand Rapids on Tuesday and played in the Griffins' 6-3 win over the Texas Stars last night, picking up a power-play goal and an assist. The 21-year-old winger has tallied six points (3-3-6), a plus-four rating and 32 shots on goal in 10 games for Grand Rapids this season. Bertuzzi made his NHL debut with the Red Wings on Nov. 8 at Philadelphia and appeared in three games for the team last week, picking up five hits and two shots on goal in 9:57 average time on ice. The 6-foot-1, 198-lb., winger has skated in 83 games for the Griffins since 2014-15, notching 37 points (16-21-37) and 139 penalty minutes and adding 20 points (14-6-20) and 18 penalty minutes in 23 AHL postseason games.

The Sudbury, Ontario, native was originally drafted by the Red Wings in the second round (58th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He spent four seasons with the Ontario Hockey League's Guelph Storm prior to turning professional, picking up 172 points (72-100-172) and 325 penalty minutes in 201 games from 2011-15. He captured an OHL championship in 2014 and was named to the 2015 OHL Second All-Star Team after picking up a career-high 98 points (43-55-98) in 68 games during his final season of major junior hockey.

Tyler Bertuzzi, Left Wing
Born Feb 24 1995 -- Sudbury, ONT
Height 6.01 -- Weight 198 -- Shoots L

Selected by Detroit Red Wings round 2 #58 overall 2013 NHL Entry Draft

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/bertuzzi-rejoins-red-wings/c-283815104

If I panicked while reading this, then so should the rest of you!

21 hours ago, Jasmijn Meeuwissen said:

We should acquire him! ::D

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Horvat Rodin

Granlund Sutter Hansen

Bertuzzi Gaunce Subban

Skille

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Larsen

Sbisa

Markstrom

Garteig

How about we give Eriksson for Zetterberg/Nyquist and Bertuzzi... 

One can dream...............

Lol they'll never give it up with the headlines. I remember I made a topic on him when they drafted him and TheScore used the same type of headline to make you think it was maybe Todd.

But of course I used their headline on here when making the topic and I was literally yelled at by posters on CDC for it. And of course only on CDC the topic was locked go figure. Don't be surprised being on CDC some mod might not like it and lock it, even though it's someone else's title.

Archived